No World Too Big

Young People Fighting Global Climate Change

Pub Date 14 Mar 2023 | Archive Date 14 Mar 2023

Talking about this book? Use #NoWorldTooBig #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Fans of No Voice Too Small will be inspired by young climate activists who made an impact around climate change in their communities, countries, and beyond.

Climate change impacts everyone, but the future belongs to young people. No World Too Big celebrates twelve young activists and three activist groups on front lines of the climate crisis who have planted trees in Uganda, protected water in Canada, reduced school-bus climate footprint in Indonesia, invented alternate power sources in Ohio, and more. Fourteen poems by Vanessa Brantley-Newton, David Bowles, Rajani LaRocca, Renée LaTulippe, Heidi E. Y. Stemple, and others honor activists from all over the world and the United States. Additional text goes into detail about each activist's life and how readers can get involved.

Climate change impacts everyone, but the...

PAGES 40

This book is made up of poems, stories and biographical texts that tell the story of a variety of young people who are advocating for change in their communities and around the world. The font is fairly small but is nice and clean, it also is a bit hard to read on the slightly textured background and there is quite a bit of text on the page, but I think that for slightly older readers this would be no problem. I think it is great that the text is sharing stories while also inspiring young people to make their own choices and be advocates in their communities. As a grade 3 teacher, I would recommend this book to parents and teachers of children in the age 9-13 range. Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for giving me the chance to read and review this book!

A new classroom staple! This book presents a challenging topic, climate change, in a new and easy to understand way. The book is comprised of different poems that detail different activists and ways they helped the environment all around the world. There is information for kids on how to get involved with the climate change movement. I want this book in my library immediately when it is published! It's educational and important. Since it's a heavy topic presented through poems, I think the audience for this book is a little older, and would recommend it to readers age 8 and up. This would be great in classrooms, and I can see many science or english assignments being tied to this book. Overall, it's a really well done book, and I can't wait to see it on the shelves next year!

The poems in this book were very moving. Each young activist featured has a very inspiring story and as a collection it really drives home the problem of climate change while still offering hope that we can still do something to fight it.

The pictures were simple but beautiful colored pencil drawings that captured a lot of emotion in the faces of the people pictured. They were also excellent likenesses of the young activists.

I intend to read this with my 3rd grader to help inspire him to come up with ways we can work together to fight climate change and to make him realize that 1) it's a big problem and 2) even though it's big, we can still work together to solve it.

Thanks to NetGalley and Charlesbridge for providing an e-arc for review.