The Things God Made
Explore God’s Creation through the Bible, Science, and Art
by Andy McGuire
This title was previously available on NetGalley and is now archived.
Send NetGalley books directly to your Kindle or Kindle app
To read on a Kindle or Kindle app, please add firstname.lastname@example.org as an approved email address to receive files in your Amazon account. Click here for step-by-step instructions.
Also find your Kindle email address within your Amazon account, and enter it here.
Pub Date 17 Jan 2023 | Archive Date 24 Jan 2023
Combining Biblical truths and scientific facts, The Things God Made is an inspirational and informative picture book retelling of the creation story from the book of Genesis.
Take your child on a journey from nothingness to abundance and life, and discover the greatness of God’s creation through stunning art and incredible factual information about our amazing universe. The Things God Made captures God’s great joy as a creator and inspires curious kids to learn more about the wonderful world we live in and appreciate all the things God made.
The Things God Made:
- Tells the creation story both from a Scriptural and scientific perspective
- Is perfect for ages 4-8 as well as anyone interested in how our world works
- Incorporates easy-to-understand educational call-outs with engaging, easy-to-read storytelling
- Allows for further discussion about both creation and the wonder of the natural world
- Is a perfect educational resource for home, homeschoolers, and Christian school and Sunday school classrooms
The Things God Made features:
- Call out boxes giving additional information about each stage of creation
- Interior feature depicting the full glory of God’s creation, with a list of animals for kids to search for and find
- Supplemental information allowing parents and educators to dive deeper into the subject with their young readers
Available on NetGalley
Average rating from 15 members
What a delight! From the full colour illustrations, to the fusion of the traditional creation story with scientific detail this will be a perfect addition to my classroom bookcase.
What a stunningly beautiful book! Full page spreads with colourful illustrations in what looks like colour pencil. Nicely written information in a couple of paragraphs per page. This book has the science and creation (Christian Faith version), right on point. Simple enough for children, to understand, but not too simple, to make it boring. The illustrations are really beautiful and the content is a lot better than I expected! Fantastic.
My almost 3 year old son really enjoyed this book. He loved the illustrations and seeing the animals, and I loved getting biblical principles in a story that he would be captivated by.
These illustrations are absolutely gorgeous! I love how it honors both creation and science— they are not mutually exclusive. Will definitely be buying a physical copy for my family.
This book was fantastic. It not only tells the story of Creation but adds science with it. Why plants are green or what is light. My kids love science and this was just a great addition to our reading listen. Not to mention the art work is fantastic.
Readers who liked this book also liked:
Stephanie Phillips, Dani Bolinho, PH Gomes
Children's Fiction, Comics, Graphic Novels, Manga, Middle Grade