by Robert McCaw
This title was previously available on NetGalley and is now archived.
Send NetGalley books directly to your Kindle or Kindle app
To read on a Kindle or Kindle app, please add firstname.lastname@example.org as an approved email address to receive files in your Amazon account. Click here for step-by-step instructions.
Also find your Kindle email address within your Amazon account, and enter it here.
Pub Date 06 Jun 2023 | Archive Date 31 Jul 2023
In the back alley of a bar on Hawaii Island, a young man is found stabbed to death. When Hilo Chief Detective Koa Kane begins investigating the crime, the murder weapon is recovered only a few feet away from the body. Crime scene technicians find fingerprints on the knife—they are a perfect match for Koa’s younger brother, Ikaika.
As the brothers scramble to prove Ikaika’s innocence, another crime sends shockwaves through the Hilo police force. A sniper tries to take out Makanui, Koa’s closest colleague. As Koa tries to figure out whether these crimes are linked, the sinister force continues their killing spree, threatening Koa and his loved ones at every turn.
Could Koa be the real target? If so, who is behind this trail of retribution? With his own secret criminal past, Koa confronts an all-out offensive against those closest to him and his police force to which he has devoted his life. As the bodies pile up, Koa finds himself the ultimate target of a ruthless adversary and must risk it all to survive.
Perfect for fans of Michael Connelly and James Lee Burke.
While all the novels in the Koa Kane Hawaiian Mystery Series stand on their own and can be read in any order, the publication sequence is:
Death of a Messenger
Off the Grid
Fire and Vengeance
Treachery Times Two
Praise for Retribution
“Robert McCaw brings you Hawaii in the way that C. J. Box delivers Montana. Fast-paced and engaging, Retribution is everything you want in a thriller. Another great addition to a compelling new series!” —Ward Larsen, USA Today best-selling
Praise for the Koa Kane Hawaiian Mystery Series
“McCaw ably blends police procedural, espionage thriller, and guilt-ridden personal saga. Readers will look forward to Koa’s further adventures.” —Publishers Weekly
“In Off the Grid, Robert McCaw has fashioned the year's most original mystery-thriller set, appropriately enough, in the equally original setting of Hawai‘i . . . a relentlessly riveting tale that races out of the gate and never lets up for a single minute or page.”—Jon Land, USA Today best-selling author of the Murder, She Wrote series
* “Readers who crave watching a smart cop work in a crackerjack police procedural will find a beauty here. Want a good espionage adventure? It's here, too, with intrigue, betrayal, assassination.”—Booklist (Starred Review)
“[A] plot-driven mystery that gets bigger and bigger. And to solve what prove to be multiple crimes requires a lot of ingenuity and plotting on the part of the Hawaii police. Yes, Fire and Vengeance is ingenious and igneous fun.”—English Plus
“. . . interesting local details and a crackling pace.” —Kirkus Reviews
“Off the Grid is flush with action and vivid descriptions. This unputdownable book is sure to make a mark in the literary world.” —New York Journal of Books
“Readers who love a complex hard-boiled detective with flaws and secrets, and depictions of Hawaii’s culture and beauty, will be drawn to Koa Kane and the mosaic richness of an American paradise.” —BookTrib
“With one deftly crafted cliffhanger of a plot twist after another, Death of a Messenger by mystery novelist Robert McCaw is an inherently riveting read from cover to cover.” —Midwest Book Review
Hardcover PR & Marketing Highlights:
• Mailing of physical & digital ARCs to major trade publications, notable bookstores, book reviewers, social media influencers and digital media
• Submit for BookBub promotion
• Pitch title at Distributor Sales Conference
• Goodreads giveaway of 100 digital copies, 2 months prior to publication
• Advertising in trade publications
• Featured new release in Oceanview monthly newsletter
• E-blast to Oceanview’s email list of 7,000 mystery, thriller & suspense fans
• E-blast to Oceanview’s email list of 15,000 booksellers, and librarians
• Launch month feature on Oceanview’s social media and website home page
• Submission for award consideration
• Amazon A+ description/feature
• Ongoing co-op advertising with Amazon, Ingram, Baker and Taylor via distributor
• Ongoing submission for special promotions with major retailers
• Author has hired a publicist