Ameya's Two Worlds

Pub Date 03 Sep 2022 | Archive Date 19 Oct 2022

Talking about this book? Use #AmeyasTwoWorlds #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Ameya is excited about attending her cousin Vaishali's wedding!

She is also worried about how she will communicate with her extended family. As an Indian American girl Ameya stands on the borders of India and America constantly struggling with her identity.

Will Ameya feel Indian enough to cross the barrier of language?

Read all the Sparkling Me children's books by multi0award winning author Aditi Wardhan Singh. Grab the lesson plans and language glossary of the books from RaisingWorldChildren.com

Ameya is excited about attending her cousin Vaishali's wedding!

Advance Praise

" A powerful resource on helping kids to embrace our uniqueness and differences, empower children to embrace all parts of you and your heritage." - @apniheritage

EDITION Paperback
ISBN 9781956870008

Send to Kindle (PDF)

#AmeyasTwoWorlds #AditiWardhanSingh #VictoryEditingNetGalleyCo-op # #NetGalley

Raising world children is the theme of this book.

How do you raise a child with a multicultural background?

"Know that you belong everywhere" is the sage advice.

Ameya, a child growing up in the US with an Indian mother visits India for a wedding.

As she joyously takes part in the haldi, mehendi, sangeet and baraat ceremonies, her mom tells her she can be whomever she wants to be and that a person can be many things at the same time.

She realizes that she values the diversity of traditions and customs in the US while celebrating and embracing her heritage and culture in India.

This is a great ARC that teaches the importance of accepting oneself and appreciating all the different influences that make us who we are.

Thanks to Netgalley and Publisher for the e-ARC!

Ameya's Two Worlds was a short and sweet story about identity and fitting in. I liked how the author tackles Ameya's culture while also staying true to her upbringing. Kids of today, especially ones ailing from disapora communities will definitely see themselves represented in this book!

Excellent story, beautiful illustrations. I loved that speaking different languages was likened to having a superpower!
The explanations of the traditions were spot-on. I highly recommend this book to help with cultural awareness and appreciation. Bravo!

Amazing read!

Definitely go for this book as it represents perfectly the life of an Indian family living in another country, specially that from the perspective of a growing child who's asking questions about their identify feeling confused in midst of their peers.

The illustrations are amazing and yes you will get to know how an Indian marriage ceremony is!

Thank you, Raising World Children LLC, for the advance reading copy.

4,5*
Thank you so much to Aditi Wardhan Singh, Raising World Children, and Netgalley for giving me access to this ARC in exchange for an honest review.
You can clearly see how Ameya is struggling at the beginning with being in touch with a culture that's her but having lived outside of it for so long. She's hesitant to show her concerns but her family comes to the rescue.
I can't imagine how special this book will be for children with multiple nationalities/backgrounds! It teaches us that we don't need to exclude part of ourselves but rather embrace it and be multiple things at once.