A Literary Celebrity
by Peter J. Leithart
Send NetGalley books directly to your Kindle or Kindle app
To read on a Kindle or Kindle app, please add firstname.lastname@example.org as an approved email address to receive files in your Amazon account. Click here for step-by-step instructions.
Also find your Kindle email address within your Amazon account, and enter it here.
Pub Date 30 Aug 2022 | Archive Date 31 Jan 2023
Nelson Books, Thomas Nelson
Jane Austen is famous for such books as Persuasion, Pride and Prejudice, and Emma. Now learn about the author’s journey through a life spent making up stories that touched the lives of millions.
Jane Austen is now what she never was in life, and what she would have been horrified to become--a literary celebrity. “Janeia” is the author’s term for the mania for all things Austen. Dive into Jane Austen: A Literary Celebrity and discover:
- how it all began and Austen’s love of poetry
- her early masterpieces and the inspiration behind the stories
- her road to getting published and the health decline that led to her death
In this updated edition, you’ll also find discussion questions that work well for book clubs and ELA lesson plans. This biography is perfect for:
- Jane Austen fans and collectors
- men and women who have enjoyed Austen-inspired films and TV series adaptations
- anyone interested in learning about the varied sides of Austen’s character and the characters she created
Jane Austen: A Literary Celebrity is a fascinating look at a woman who never meant to be famous.
Available on NetGalley
Average rating from 15 members
Readers who liked this book also liked:
Anne Graham Lotz
Donna Flower Lawrence
Eugenia Anne Gamble