Trooper Down!

Pub Date 11 Apr 2023 | Archive Date Not set

Talking about this book? Use #TrooperDown #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Psychological thriller in the Hitchcock tradition told in first person by a South Dakota State Trooper who is shot in the head and tries to redeem himself.

ISBN 9781952427473
PRICE

Send to Kindle (PDF)

Having read most, if not all, of Anthony Neil Smith's writings, one thing I can say is that he has a knack for making the most deplorable human beings somehow sympathetic. In TROOPER DOWN!, Mal Braun is an utterly despicable character that, for some unknown reason to me, is the underdog for which I am rooting.

TROOPER DOWN! Is a fast paced Hitchcock style psychological thriller as promised. It is written in very unique style that makes that deplorable character even more sympathetic. Smith has a way of describing the scenery in his works that allows the reader to get an almost immersive feel for the actual atmosphere. After finishing this, I felt like I needed a nice Silkwood shower, a feeling I get after reading Harry Crews. If you know what I mean here, you know. If not, I'm sorry you have yet to experience such visceral writing.

TROOPER DOWN! Is definitely not for the faint at heart, but if you are a fan of Smith, you know what you are getting into when you choose to read on of his works.