Puppet's Shadow

Pub Date 31 Jul 2022 | Archive Date 24 Oct 2022

Talking about this book? Use #PuppetsShadow #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Madison and Piper were identical twins, mirror images – on the outside

Confident, head-strong Madison Sterling possessed it all – a devoted twin sister, hundreds of male admirers, invitation to swank social events and captivating beauty. Except Madison was never content. Boredom with her mundane life and rebellion to authority led her to make questionable choices steering her down a self-destructive path. Her life spiraled out of control.

Brilliant but human Piper Sterling always succeeded – except with rescuing her sister. Piper’s heart ached as she watched her sister burn bridge after bridge. While distracted with saving her twin, Piper lost sight of her own principles. As the angelic sister, Piper was faced with her own daunting decision.

A tragic accident changes everything. Only one twin will survive but which one? Does anyone really know?

Madison and Piper were identical twins, mirror images – on the outside

Advance Praise

"Caramie: ""In Emersyn Park’s second novel, you realize that she gets better with each book. I loved seeing the differences between Piper achieved all she ever set out to do while Madison was bored and just overall “the better twin” in the eyes of her friends and family.

As an identical twin, it was really great to see all the similarities my sister and I had to both Madison and Piper. We’ve lived our entire lives being compared, picked apart and looked at as a single package. It was refreshing to see it shown how Piper and Madison lived to be their own person and break away from the twin facade. The character building by Emersyn Park was top notch- each character felt like someone we’ve all known at one point or another. The ending was one of those ones that you think you’ve gotten pegged the entire time- until you don’t. I loved the guessing game and the whodunnit aspect throughout the story.""

Emily: ""Alternating POVs makes this book a real page-turner! Switching between Piper, Maddy, and Eleanor, a character we question their tie to the twins, we follow along as they tell their versions of the story. Be ready to want to binge this in one sitting!""

Laura: ""What I love about Emersyn's writing is the excellent character development! Reading a character's perspective, learning their backstory and feeling their motives. Within this story we follow three character perspectives: Madison, Piper, and Eleanor - a fellow classmate. I felt the story flowed seamlessly from character to character, successfully entangling their lives and decisions. There were unexpected twists, short chapters, and a satisfying ending, all within the beautiful backdrop of the Midwest!"""

Send to Kindle (PDF)

This was such a well done book, it had a great suspenseful atmosphere with interesting characters. I really enjoyed every part of reading this, it did what I wanted from the description. The characters worked so well in the story and I was glad to get to know them. I loved the alternating pov chapters and it does what I wanted. It was such a well done mystery.

"When he asked permission to enter the room because he was two minutes early, my smile crept onto my face without hesitation. His charm and wit were breaking down my wall."