A Pen Dipped in Poison

Pub Date 30 Mar 2023 | Archive Date Not set

Retired schoolteachers Liz, Pat and Thelma are back at their usual table at the Thirsk Garden Centre café with a brand-new mystery to solve…

Curious white envelopes have been delivered to friends and neighbours. Inside are letters revealing the deepest secrets they have tried to hide.

As one by one, careers are ended, marriages destroyed and no one is beyond suspicion, the three friends decide enough is enough. They must take matters into their own hands before more damage is done.

But as they work to uncover the truth, they begin to wonder just how far someone will go to silence this poison pen…

Could a murderer be in their midst once again?

The second totally addictive and page-turning cosy mystery featuring these very unlikely sleuths. Fans of Agatha Christie and Midsomer Murders will be hooked from the very first page.

Readers love this book!:

‘A charming read with a cast of characters you’ll really connect with’ Faith Martin, author of A Fatal End

‘The ingredients for the perfect modern cosy crime: intrigue, characters you care about and a good dollop of humour' Ian Moore, author of Death and Croissants

‘As delightful as it is deadly, A Pen Dipped in Poison is a feel-good, fun and fabulous cosy mystery that had me utterly gripped from page one. J.M. Hall proves once again he's one of our very best cosy mystery writers. I absolutely loved it’ Jonathan Whitelaw, author of The Bingo Hall Detectives

‘A gently quirky cosy mystery with plenty of twists and turns, and an intriguing cast of characters – some endearing, some not so much!’ Fiona Leitch, author of The Cornish Wedding Murder

Malice and mayhem spur a school reunion of three modern Marples – and some of their Thirsk community learn a lesson they’ll never forget!’ Sarah Yarwood-Lovett, author of A Murder of Crows

‘So brilliant… I loved this so much! Perfect cosy crime – I am a big fan of this author!’ NetGalley review ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Three Miss Marples for the price of one! Extremely well-drawn characters… the plot is carefully assembled… the writing is so good… I loved this story!’ NetGalley review ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

‘I could not put this book down! What a perfect book…! I loved the three main characters… I highly recommend.’ NetGalley review ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

‘This book would make a great movie! The characters are likeable and quirky, the story moves quickly and this talented author leaves us wanting for more…!’ NetGalley review ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Curious white envelopes have been...

EDITION Ebook
PRICE £2.99 (GBP)
PAGES 400

Send to Kindle (EPUB)

This book was sent to me electronically by Netgalley for review. Thanks to the publisher and the author. Almost like Agatha Christie…who sent the letters? What will happen next? Who is guilty? This book would make a great movie. The characters are likable and quirky. The story moves quickly. This talented author leaves us waiting for more of the same. Enjoy.

I really enjoyed this book. As a retired teacher I loved the three main characters, and the way academies are represented is absolutely fantastic! The way money is the priority not children, the constant use of improvements and beacon schools, new maths and writing initiatives, marks schemes, all are so accurately portrayed. In particular the ‘Children of the suits’! At one local MAT here, it looked like the senior staff had all gone shopping together to buy their matching blue suits and brown brogues. I sincerely hope there are many more books to come from Thelma, Pat and Liz.