Baby Sign Language
A Fun and Simple Guide to Early Communication
by Mary Smith
This title was previously available on NetGalley and is now archived.
Send NetGalley books directly to your Kindle or Kindle app
To read on a Kindle or Kindle app, please add firstname.lastname@example.org as an approved email address to receive files in your Amazon account. Click here for step-by-step instructions.
Also find your Kindle email address within your Amazon account, and enter it here.
Pub Date 15 Nov 2022 | Archive Date 08 Dec 2022
Quarto Publishing Group – Fair Winds, Fair Winds Press
Start signing with your baby today! This comprehensive book makes signing easy with photos of real kids using 100+ signs, plus expert advice on teaching your baby to communicate early.
In Baby Sign Language, Mary Smith—ASL interpreter and founder of popular sign language education business Sign ’n Grow—shares everything you need for learning how to sign with your 0–3-year-old.
Maybe you’ve seen it online or remember a friend and their baby signing MILK or MORE. No matter why you’re interested, what you’ve heard is true: signing is one of the best ways to kickstart communication. When your baby can sign, they'll get frustrated less—and you will be able to bond more closely.
At the heart of the book are a broad array of photographed signs that are easy to understand thanks to the real kids signing them. You’ll find everything your baby wants to tell you, including:
- Mealtime Signs: Milk, Food, More, All Done, Drink, Water, Please, Thank You, Yes, No, Hungry, Thirsty
- Daytime Signs: Help, Open, Up, Pacifier, Light, Bath, Diaper, Blanket, Bed, Sleep, Morning, Night, Potty, Poop, and A Variety of Clothing Signs
- Playtime Signs: Again, Read, Book, Play, Toy, Dance, Music, Ball, Try, Friend, Take Turns, Gentle, Dog, Cat
- Family Signs: Love, Mommy, Daddy, Baby, Sister, Brother, Grandma, Grandpa,
- How Baby Feels Signs: Feel, Happy, Silly, Sad, Angry, Scared, Frustrated, Sleepy, Hurt
- Outdoors Signs: House, Walk, Outside, Playground, Grass, Tree, Car, Airplane, Sun, Moon, Stars, Rain, Snow
- …And many more!
With songs, stories, and games to encourage learning, and insider tips to boost your baby's language development, this is truly an all-in-one guide for helping your baby tell you their wants and needs before they start to talk.
Available on NetGalley
Average rating from 8 members
Readers who liked this book also liked:
Vanita Oelschalger; Kristin Blackwood
Nicola Lathey; Tracey Blake
Austin Channing Brown
Sanji Moore; Taylor Moore
Shelley Shepard Gray