Bluebell Season at The Potting Shed

Pub Date 30 Mar 2023 | Archive Date 30 Mar 2023

Talking about this book? Use #BluebellSeasonAtThePottingShed #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Spring has arrived at The Potting Shed and things seem to finally be going Maddie's way. Her relationship with lovable lawyer Ed is going well and the business is thriving with the help of her new friend Jo and his bright orange coffee van.

But troubles are just around the corner... the upgrade of The Potting Shed from a nursery to a garden centre is at a critical point, turning part of Maddie's business into a building site. And just as she has to temporarily move out of her home, a major garden centre announces its grand opening only twenty miles away.

With money running out Maddie and her sister Sabi must think fast – they only have until the end of bluebell season to save The Potting Shed.

Bluebell Season at The Potting Shed is the sequel to Frost Falls at The Potting Shed, part of a new series by #1 Kindle bestselling author Jenny Kane that revolves around a family-run plant nursery.

Praise for The Potting Shed series:

'A perfect feel-good story about family dynamics and sisterly love, with characters you truly care about. Loved it. Highly recommended.' – Jennifer Bohnet

'I really loved this book. It was warm, funny and smart and made me want to get out into the garden. If you love reading and gardening then this is a perfect combination. A gorgeous story with a beautiful setting.' – Kate Forster

EDITION Ebook
ISBN 9781801102018
PRICE £2.99 (GBP)
PAGES 352

Send to Kindle (EPUB)

This series and author have been a delight to discover this year. I appreciate the author allowing the characters to not only grow, but do so in a way that feels very realistic. Especially the character of Sabi. This book is a lovely combination of a sweet, cozy read and real family issues. I hope the author continues on with this series.

Jenny Kane has done it again. This was delightful! The plot was well-paced and captivating from start to finish. The characters were charming and witty. I highly recommend this fun and quick read! Many thanks to the author, publisher, and NetGalley for the advanced copy of the book.

It was brilliant to be back at the Potting Shed but you can read on its own. Loved how they moved on with the plans and the work with children. Some nice twists. Your past can catch up with you.. I felt for Jo and I got a bit confused with his story. A good read. Much enjoyed.

Enjoyable book with great characters and story. Sadly though, I did not read book one (this is the second), so I did not catch the early development of the romances and the story hints of the past were not something that I could follow that well. My fault of course, but do recommend this book, but encourage you to read book 1 first.

This was a wonderful book of how plants qnd. And flowess heko people qnd get them through hard times. This book is approved by netgalley and the publisher for me to read and review.

I loved being back at the Potting Shed learning how their late dads dream of turning the Potting Shed into a garden centre were progressing. There were lots of interesting bits, the bluebell garden planted with the Little Acorns, puddle jumping, the cheese stall and the garden question time to name a few. Jo featured a lot in this book but I did get a bit confused at times as his back story gradually unfolded. I enjoyed this easy read book and would recommend it

two sisters try to turn their Dad's potting shed into a garden center. very sweet story, was a quick read.

Bluebell season at the Potting Shed, second time around at the Potting Shed felt good. It was lovely to see progress in the lives of the characters both in work and personal life.

A sweet story of two sisters trying to bring their late father's dream to life. The pacing was a little slow in places, but overall a nice read.

Thank you to NetGalley for a copy of this book in return for my honest review.

A sweet story about two sisters who are trying to make their late father proud, trying to navigate life without him and trying to make their mark on the world. A little bit slow in places but overall a good read.

What a delightful read. I thoroughly enjoyed revisiting the Potting Shed and I thought this second book in the series was even better than the first. This was a really enjoyable read and I quickly reconnected with the characters, enjoying seeing them grow and the story progress. The storyline is very good and deals with issues in a very thoughtful and sensitive way.

The story continues from book one with Maddie and her sister Sabi trying to cultivate their business (excuse the pun) from a nursery to a garden centre. I loved seeing how Maddie dealt with everything that came along and how all the other characters are getting on, as well as meeting a few new ones. They are such a nice group.

This is a really good, easy read, the sort of book you want to pick up when you need a break and just sit back and enjoy the story. I do hope there are more books to come in this series as it is very enjoyable.

Loved Frost Falls at the Potting Shed and love this just as much. Maddie seems to be getting things back on track. Her relationship with Ed is going well Then they hit a snag with trying to upgrade to a small garden centre

Bluebell Season at The Potting She'd is a sequel however, I have to state I love a good series of books as you can really get to know characters and build a better picture  of their surrounding. This is a novel based around love and friendship ❤.

Maddie's and Ed relationship and the  the business are both growning. Also there is an new addition to the team with Jo and his bright orange coffee  van 😀 !

Maddie is converting the ground floor of her dad's old house to a shop and upstairs is going to be a flat for Maddie to live  in.
Sister marred to Henry the architect  will make her Drem of pottery barn come true!
There will 'be no massive bill afterwards either

Maddie wants to hold lessons too children and vulnerable adults. Will that be possible?Teach them how to grow things and come back to watch them grow. It will become a way to start making money, she goes on to calll it Little Acorns Gardening Club.

Furthing on in the novel we are introduced to Hazel Cooper, she is out to make trouble from the start.
''Mr Wulland- Harris has entrusted the working of this project to me' borrowed Henry's key, 'A professional would not have borrowed a key  a junior member of staff and let themselves into someone's home without their knowledge to prepare for a meeting that their Clint did not sbout'.  She then gets a verbal warning at work'.

We meet  Kevin, Robert and Ahmed the apprentice, they are the builders 👷‍♀️ 👷‍♂️ that could make of break the project.

It's a race against time to get the garden centre ready in time, will the friends, builder's and family work together or will old foes break this original happy 😊 group be torn apart? Also 'certainly had one or two obstacles in your path' are these unreasonable?

Thanks to NetGalley and the publishers for giving me a complementary digital copy of this ebook in exchange for a honest review. All opinions are completely my own.

Spring has sprung, along with a new BIG Garden Centre not far away. Now that Maddie and Sabi have bitten the bullet and are extending their business it is all hands on deck.

Using Henry’s firm of architects for the works throws a spanner in the works in the shape of the new hire, Hazel Cooper.

Life throws what it can at Maddie and co but can they really be ready for a visit from the nations favourite gardener??

In the follow-up book to Frost Falls at the Potting Shed, we continue the story of Maddie and Ed. I probably wouldn’t call this a romcom, as the rom part of the story really happened in book 1. This just expands on their story and the stories of their friends and family. Off the top of my head, I can think of five different storylines happening in the book… but not in an overwhelming way! The author expertly blends them together.

Thanks to NetGalley for this ARC in exchange for my honest review. Watch for Bluebell Season at the Potting Shed to come out March 30, 2023!

Brilliant second book in The Potting Shed Series. Unlike some series that have the stories taken place in the same location but are not a continuation of the plot, this is a story with the many of the same characters from book one and the reader gets to see more of their lives. I adored the main character, Maddie, from book one, and was thrilled to see her taking a major role in book two. I am similar to her in the way that she “speaks” to her deceased father (in her mind) and he still gives her advice (since she knows what he would tell her). I also talk to my plants as Maddie does. Truly delightful to find a kindred soul. I am fond of so many of the other characters also, from the sweet dogs to the people of various ages that support the potting shed. A story is truly well rounded when many age groups are represented in it.

The main focus of the plot is the moving forward to change the Potting Shed into a gardening center, but there is a very important second theme throughout the book. The question of whether a person can change from who they were as a child/young adult. Are you always stuck in the mold of the person you were, or is change possible?

I thoroughly enjoyed this book, and I do believe that is because I read book one. I also think a reader can read this book independently, and fully understand it. Having the background of prior books in a series is always beneficial!

A huge thank you to Aria & Aries and NetGalley for giving me the pleasure of reading the advance reader copy, with no obligation to write a review. My review is written freely as a hobby, and is totally my own opinion, not influenced by receiving the ARC.

Thanks Netgalley and the Publisher. This was such a nice feel good read, great location, good storyline and great characters. I liked it.

Great to be back. Spring is in the air. Things are on the up for Maddie. Both in her business and love life. But things soon change. Lovely book to read. It’s very well written. A bit slow in parts.