Social Skills for Kids (Ages 5 -12)
13 Strategies to Bully Busting, Forging Unbreakable Friendships, Perceiving Others’ Feelings and Raising Socially Smart Kids
by Josh Evermore
This title was previously available on NetGalley and is now archived.
Send NetGalley books directly to your Kindle or Kindle app
To read on a Kindle or Kindle app, please add firstname.lastname@example.org as an approved email address to receive files in your Amazon account. Click here for step-by-step instructions.
Also find your Kindle email address within your Amazon account, and enter it here.
Pub Date 01 Sep 2023 | Archive Date 07 Dec 2023
CSD Digital Enterprises, LLC, Independent Book Publishers Association (IBPA), Members' Titles
Transform your child’s social awkwardness into confidence and connection at each stage of their development...It’s a no-brainer that you want the best for your kid, right?
Love, care, and all those essential ingredients that create a fulfilling childhood? Check, check, and check!
And yet, there seems to be a missing piece... a gap that needs to be filled.
Your child is having a tough time connecting with others or struggling to make friends.
They seem a tad uncomfortable in social situations and find it hard to express themselves or understand others. And on top of that, they throw tantrums when things don't go their way.
Well, guess what? These are all clear signs your child could use a helping hand in the social skills department.
Social skills are not about being the most popular kid in class. They’re the building blocks for genuine connections and meaningful relationships — the secret sauce that'll lead your child to the path of lifelong happiness and fulfillment.
And you need to start nurturing your child’s social skills from the get-go because the development of these skills is a gradual process that builds upon itself over time.
That’s where this book comes into play. It's a 13-step roadmap to social confidence packed to the brim with proven techniques and tons of insightful advice — all tailored to your child's specific stage of development.
Here’s a fraction of what you’ll discover inside:
● 13 Social Superstar Strategies designed to help even the shy little wallflower
blossom into a butterfly
● How you can be a good example for your child — because what you do matters more than what you say
● Fun activities that not only break the ice on why differences are cool but also
instill a deep respect for diversity
● How to make AND maintain friendships, even if your child has always felt like
they're on the outside looking in
● A no-nonsense guide to facing bullies head-on (and what to do when the school bully happens to be a friend)
● Effective techniques for positive reinforcement, customized to suit different age groups — because what works for a 5-year-old may not work for a 10-year-old
● Interactive games and exercises designed to nurture empathy, active listening,
and effective communication in children, regardless of their age
● The ‘Kid’s Corner’ — a special section that seamlessly transforms social intricacies into child's play
And much more.
Listen, without the right, age-appropriate social skills, your child could be in for a world of isolation, loneliness, and that dreaded feeling of being misunderstood.
But with this book in your hands, you'll have all the tools and knowledge to support your child's growth, boost their confidence, and unleash their inner social superstar.
Don't let your child go through the pain of social awkwardness when there's a solution right at your fingertips.