Annie LeBlanc Is Not Dead Yet

A Novel

Pub Date 04 Jun 2024 | Archive Date 18 Jun 2024
St. Martin's Press, Wednesday Books

Every ten years in the strange little town of Lennon, California, one person is chosen to return from the dead…

Wilson Moss entered the town’s top-secret contest in the hopes of resurrecting her ex-best friend Annie LeBlanc, but that doesn’t mean she thought she’d actually win. Now Annie’s back and Wil’s ecstatic—does it even really matter that Annie ghosted her a year before she died…?

But like any contest, there are rules, and the town’s resurrected dead can only return for thirty days. When Wil discovers a loophole that means Annie might be able to stay for good, she’s desperate to keep her alive. The potential key? Their third best friend, Ryan. Forget the fact that Ryan openly hates them both, or that she and Wilson have barely spoken since that awkward time they kissed. Wil can put it aside for one month; she just needs to stop thinking about it first.

Because Wil has one summer to permanently put an end to her loneliness—it’s that, or lose her only friends…again. But along the way, she might have to face some difficult truths about Annie’s past and their friendship that, so far, she’s left buried.

PAGES 320

Send to Kindle (EPUB)

Oh, this was so cute!

I mean it’s teen angst followed by teen angst followed by teen angst, however it’s also so sweet and sad. I wanted all the characters to find their happy – even our dead one. I won’t tell you if they do – I’ll just tell you that the author handled the end beautifully!

And good lord, I wouldn’t want to bring someone back to life for 30 days. Much as I would want to see them and tell them everything and ask them everything more, the end game of that would break my heart.

And because of that conundrum, you can expect some depth added to the fluffiness of this one.

Bittersweet and all the feels.

• ARC via Publisher

Such a breath of fresh air to have a totally unique premise. The thought of being able to bring someone back from the dead and then giving that decisions for a teenager proved to give this book a fresh POV. If you want teen angst and coming of age this one hits on both cylinders perfectly. I was worried the end would leave me disappointed but the author hit a home run there too.

What a great idea! Stories about second chances are numerous but this one puts the ‘winner’ in charge of the redemption and in this JV novel we learn all about teen angst of all types. I thought this was very good and the characters were fully developed and very likable and the ending was so life-like in a teenage-y way that the bittersweetness will stay with me for quite awhile. Thank you to #netgalley, #wednesdaybooks and @mollymorris for this copy of #annieleblancisnotdeadyet to read and review, all opinions are my own.

Annie LeBlanc Is Not Dead Yet will knock your right in the heart! The romance with the magical realism to this story was a great twist! This is the type of book that I could keep reading over and over again. Highly recommend this to lovers of YA romance.

A special thank you to NetGalley and Wednesday Books for an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

This book was great! I really loved the story, it was very creative and original, and I loved seeing as the friends grew apart, and then together, and then apart again, ending up as best friends in the end. The plot had so many twists, and it was so exciting to see how everything played out!