First Light

A Novel

Pub Date 23 Apr 2024 | Archive Date 23 Apr 2024

First Light, the riveting sequel to Liz Kerin’s Night's Edge, is about seizing a brighter future by confronting the shadows of our past.

“I came all this way to watch you burn.”

It's been nine months since the catastrophe in Tucson sent Mia fleeing from her home. But she’s not running away from the darkness—she’s running toward it, obsessively pursuing the man who gave her mother a thirst for blood and destroyed their lives.

But when Mia finds the monsters she’s been hunting and infiltrates a secret network of fugitives, she discovers she might have been their prey all along. To escape their clutches, she’ll have to reckon with her mother’s harrowing past and confront a painful truth: that they might be more alike than she ever imagined.

“A morally gray and timely story that is bursting with Sookie Stackhouse vibes but will also appeal to fans of Catriona Ward and Zoje Stage.”Booklist on Night's Edge

“I came all this way to watch you burn.”

It's been nine months...