Offtrack

Pub Date May 09 2024 | Archive Date Not set

'Esha Patel previously published a book with these characters under this title - this is a completely rewritten title'

Formula One meets The Hating Game in this enemies-to-lovers romance between a legacy driver and F1’s first woman driver

Diana Zahrani is Formula One’s first female racing driver. All the other drivers are told to race carefully around her, and leave her to her real job: being a pretty face and good advertising for a hypermasculine sport. But Diana’s not worked this hard her whole life just to be a mascot.

World Championship favourite Miguel de la Fuente is not taking any rookie seriously, let alone a woman. With his first championship win looming, all he has to do is stay focused – and make sure Diana stays out of his way.

But motorsports is a small world, and as Diana and Miguel race their way through the season, they’re forced to face each other again and again. When sparks fly, Miguel and Diana must decide for the sake of their teams where their priorities lie: on track, with the championship, or offtrack, with each other…

Formula One meets The Hating Game in this enemies-to-lovers romance...

EDITION Ebook
PRICE £0.99 (GBP)
PAGES 384

Send to Kindle (EPUB)

Any Sports/ F1 romances will always have my heart but so far this one tops them all.
I love how the author made the FMC a F1 driver. This is the first time seeing it in any of the books that I’ve read and it makes me so happy to see that!!! I love this book so much and had a blast reading it.
I do wish there was a little bit more spice but overall it’s still a 5 star read!! I hope there will be another book :)

This was such a wonderful and enjoyable read!!!! I loved this book and highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys this genre. Thank you so much to the publisher and NetGalley for an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Diana is a female F1 driver racing her rookie season in an all male league. She is facing the challenges of a male dominated sport while all the other drivers are tiptoeing around her. She hasn’t worked this hard to quit now! Meanwhile Miguel is hoping to win the championship this year. Diana coming in is wrecking all his plans 🏎️

Growing up racing dragsters and being in a racing family, I understood a lot of what Diana was going through. This book is very F1 heavy with a romance subplot so keep that in mind. I really enjoyed seeing a strong female character that was confident to go against the grain🏆

“They underestimate us for being women, but that’s an advantage. They go easy on you, and suddenly, you’re out in front” 🏁

Thank you to the publisher for providing this ARC via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Offtrack will be published May 9th.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 3.75-4
🌶️ 1/5
Tropes: enemies to lovers & slowburn

Diana is a force of nature on and off the track, she is defiant and knows her value, which is tested as she enters into a sport where she is the sole female driver competing for a world championship.

I enjoyed this book a lot and as an F1 fan myself, my two highlights were
-the banter in the press scenes
And
- Diana and Paula dominating at their jobs while sacrificing none of their femininity in doing so.

‘Off track’ highlights the struggles women face in Motorsport and touches on specific examples via Diana’s experience, such as the adversity she faced in her “home” country where she legally couldn’t drive, thus setting her career back before it started. It also touches on the strain such a competitive and dangerous sport can have on the drivers and their loved ones.

Miguel for me embodied how a man can be an ally to a woman in what is considered a male dominated sport, while also highlighting how it can be a boys club led by family legacy.
Miguel and Diana have a sweet friendship that eventually evolves into something more and while I love an enemies to lovers trope, I loved how the romance didn’t take away from Diana’s character development and supported it instead.

‘Offtrack’ pays homage to women in Motorsport and you can tell Esha Patel did their research and is passionate about women’s involvement in F1, which is extremely relevant today.

This was good and I truly enjoyed the plot! However, and this has nothing to do with the actual writing, the way it’s edited in this format made it hard to read and that was unfortunate.

I thoroughly enjoyed both Miguel and Diana in this novel. I loved that Esha Patel was able to show the misogyny in F1, and it was done well!!

I loved watching their relationship bloom through the pages, and I loved reading every relationship throughout the book.

This was my second F1 book that I’ve read, and it did not disappoint.
I cannot wait to read more by this author and I will definitely re-read this in the future.

Diana Zahrani is Formula One's first female racing driver this century. All the other drivers are told to race carefully around her,
World Championship favourite Miguel de la Fuente is not taking any rookie seriously, let alone a woman. With his first championship win looming, all he has to do is stay focused - and make sure Diana stays out of his way.
But motorsports is a small world, and as Diana and Miguel race their way through the season, they're forced to face each other again and again.

As a big F1 fan, I’m always scared when I start a F1 romance. But wow, this book was surprise. I really enjoyed the racing throughout the book. I kinda shipped Diana with Nic for a big part of the book but then I was completely in love with Diana and Miguel. I wish we had more of the world’s perspective after their relationship was made public cause I think in reality (if it were ever to happen) it would cause a big mess and a lot of drama for the couple. I’ll definitely check futur works from this author.

I saw people complaining about the multiple povs but that’s my favorite way to read a book. I hate not knowing what the other one thinks during their relationship.

I AM IN LOVE! One thing is for sure, I am going to eat up an F1 romance like it's no one's business. It was such a refreshing take, and I loved every second of it. This is going to be an instant hit.

I couldn’t get enough of Offtrack and what we see happen within this story here. I was so hooked into the writing so easily, and the romance is very well done too.