Haiku, Ew!

Celebrating the Disgusting Side of Nature

Pub Date 02 Apr 2024 | Archive Date 31 Mar 2024
Lerner Publishing Group, Millbrook Press ™

Talking about this book? Use #HaikuEw #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Nature is beautiful! It's magnificent! It's amazing! And it's also super gross!

Fourteen hilariously icky haiku present the grosser side of nature. Check out flamingos that keep cool by pooping on their legs. And butterflies that emerge from oozy caterpillar soup. The haiku are accompanied by additional facts that will delight—and disgust—readers of all ages.

Nature is beautiful! It's magnificent! It's amazing! And it's also super gross!

PAGES 32

Send to Kindle (EPUB)

I LOVED this book! This book is definitely for older children due to its advanced scientific language but its also HILARIOUS and educational for adults too. It really combines so many cool features with learning about haikus, strange scientific animal facts, and humor. The artwork and general design/layout of the book was also impressive. Being a science nerd, I loved it and would definitely recommend.

Thanks to Lerner Publishing Group, Millbrook Press for the chance to read this ARC in exchange for an honest review. This book lived up to the title. Haikus...check! Disgusting....check! My favorite was learning how herring fish communicate through farts. As an upper elementary teacher, this book would be great to help get informational text fanatics to read some poetry. It would also be a fun way to introduce haiku poetry. It would be easy to connect to life science, writing, and reading standards. I will be adding this to my classroom library.