The Wind in the Willows

Buy on Amazon Buy on BN.com Buy on Bookshop.org
*This page contains affiliate links, so we may earn a small commission when you make a purchase through links on our site at no additional cost to you.
Part of Picture Book Classics

Pub Date Aug 01 2024 | Archive Date Jun 25 2024

Talking about this book? Use #TheWindintheWillows #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

After Mole and Ratty discover Toad Hall and the many curiosities inside, a tale of friendship and perseverance ensues! Readers journey into dark forests and giant mansions in this retelling of a classic story, as they meet charming and memorable characters that are sure to stay in their minds long after they finish the last page. With vivid illustrations and age-appropriate text, readers explore an exciting world of friends, celebrations, and important lessons about being cautious with one’s belongings! It will pique their interest and serve as a reminder to always be considerate to others.

EDITION Hardcover
PAGES 24

Send to Kindle (PDF)

This was a lovely, nostalgic visit to the riverbank for me, because the original book was a childhood favourite of mine.

It was fun to meet up with Ratty, Mole,
Toad and Badger once again, and to be reminded of the results of Toad's recklessness!

The illustrations are really nice, and this is a good way to introduce younger children to the characters from the classic story.

I loved the Wind in the Willows when I was younger, and it was wonderful to be able to revisit it with the Picture Book Classic version.

I think this adaption did a great job of capturing the spirit of the characters, and the illustrations were super cute! I would have liked to see a bit more of the plot, but overall a great introduction to Wind in the Willows.

Thanks to NetGalley, Angeles Peinador, and Rosen Publishing for the chance to review this advance copy!

The book was beautifully written and the illustrations were incredible and intricate. The author made careful word choices that were very impactful. Overall, the book was well written and I did really enjoy it.

I love the classic Wind in the Willows with crazy Mr Toad and his loyal friends. This updated childrens version is very cute and the art style is bright and beautiful, my only complaint is I wish it were longer.

Thanks to the publisher and artist for the e-arc I received via NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.

I've never read the original Wind in the Willows, so I don't have anything to compare this too, but the illustrations in this edition are colorful, vibrant, and very eye-catching. I'm sure my littlest library patrons would love getting to know Mole, Ratty, Toad, and Badger. Recommended.

I've read this story before, and I just read this version twice. This is such a hilarious romp, and every character is lovable. The pictures are great, and the layout makes this classic so accessible. Thanks to NetGalley for letting me read this.

Omg this book was so cute! The illustrations are pure art, the history is pure magic and cuteness. I really loved to be inspired by the message the author passed me. Truly amazing!

Thank you so much to Rosen Publishing / Windmill Books and Netgalley for the ebook to read and review.

The classic tale of The Wind in the Willows, the storyline follows Mole, Ratty, Badger and Toad who live amongst the riverbank. This is a condensed version of the story written for younger children, capturing all the important scenes of the story.

This was a great version of the story, it gave you just enough of the story, you could still easily follow it and understand who the characters were and what the story was. The illustrations were very bright and bold that went with it, sharing each part of the story.

I think this is a good starting read for getting younger children into classics, with all the animals, the funny story of reckless Toad who does incredibly naughty things. I think children would find it amusing. It also comes with a lesson and shows how Toad changes after what he did.

I love getting to read classics in different forms, seeing what scenes are selected and how they get interpreted and this one was done really well, it was a great story, with bright illustrations to go with it.

While it has been a while since I read the original Wind in the Willows, I found this to be a good adaptation of the story. Illustrations were bright and engaging.

Reading this version of The Wind in the Willows that was Illustrated by Angeles Peinador brought back so many memories for me. I read the original book to my children many times when they were little. This book was wonderfully illustrated. It will be a great way to bring this book into younger children’s reading library.
Thank you NetGalley and Rosen Publishing Group for this ARC. This is my personal review.

I adored this story as a child and this new edition continues to delight another generation of readers! Kids will love the bright and cheery illustrations, and get a kick out of Toad's antics. They'll also learn the importance of good behavior and the joys of home and friendship. After reading this, kids will want to go out and explore nature!

What a fun blast from the past. It's been a long time since I read this one. How long? Long enough that I couldn't remember what critters had to be evicted from Toad Hall. The story so many have loved is still there, albeit in a condensed version. All the stand-out scenes are there, however, illustrated with bright, colorful artwork that helps tell the story. It's a fun introductiion to the original, though I'd love to know how they decided on which scenes to highlight and how to illustrate them. That might be a fun discussion point. I was reminded how reckless Toad was, too, as well as how he learned from his mistakes. A good lesson for children. We're not always perfect angels but, hey, learning from our mistakes and doing better is always a good thing, right?

Bottom line, a fun flashback that gave me a delighted grin. Thanks #NetGalley and #RosenPublishingGroup - #WindmillBooks for this early look that reminded me of so many early memories of my world of books. Parents, this would be a great addition to your bookshelf and, hey, would make a great gift, too. It's also, hint-hint, a great excuse to dig out your own ol' copy of this story of Mole, Ratty, Badger, Toad, and all the rest. Enjoy!

Thank you to NetGalley and Rosen Publishing group this ebook in exchange for an honest review.

This is a picture book classic of The Wind and The Willows. The story is the same classic that's been told since 1908. However, this version has the fresh illustrations by Angeles Peinador. The illustrations were fun and modern but still felt classic. The colors were bright and bold and helped make the story stand out. This is a story that still stands the test of time for all to enjoy.

#netgalley #netgalleyreview #thewindandthewillows #angelespeinador #childrensbooks #illustratedbooks