Getting Through What You Can't Get Over
Stories, Tips, and Inspiration to Help You Move Past Your Pain into Lasting Freedom
by Anita Agers-Brooks
Pub Date 01 Apr 2015
"Anita shares from the deep painful places of her life and her walk with
God. Through the power of her stories, we are given an intimate glimpse
into the inner working of overcoming depression and times of
brokenness. Getting Through What You Can't Get Over should be required reading for every person battling depression and for those who love them."
- Saundra Dalton-Smith M.D., Physician, speaker, and author of Set Free to Live Free
“Getting Through What You Can't Get Over: Moving Past Your Pain into Lasting Freedom is an encouraging and inspiring read, especially for someone who has experienced depression, anxiety, or PTSD."
- Dr. J. D. Stake, LPC LMFT-S
“We never know when we might find ourselves in dire circumstances. Beautifully and sensitively written, Anita Agers Brooks tells true stories of various individuals who faced overwhelming circumstances and discovered the victorious life Christ died to offer us. Anita offers very specific steps you can take to climb out of despair and find the real and certain hope that exists. I highly recommend Getting Through What You Can’t Get Over with its strong Biblical principles that you can depend on, or give to a loved-one who is suffering, it will be a God-send.”
- Pamela Christian, The Faith Doctor with Your Rx for Life, author of Examine Your Faith, Finding Truth in a World of Lies and Renew Your Hope! Remedies for Personal Breakthroughs
“Getting Through What You Can’t Get Over,” by Anita Agers Brooks, offers help, hope, and healing insight. She rolls back the rules on transparency in telling personal stories and explores the process of returning to life anew. A must-read for those caught in the grip of pain, as well as those who desire to support someone who’s struggling. This is an amazing book, and will help a lot of hurting people.”
- Deb DeArmond, speaker, coach, and author of I Choose You Today: 31 Choices to Make Love Last and Related By Chance, Family By Choice and co-founder of WordGirls
“The first chapter gripped my heart and emotions. The stories are breathtaking, honest, and transparent. I wept through the first chapter and raced to start the next. Anita’s willingness to address tough issues will touch the hearts of women all over the world. Far too often we hide, live in secrecy, and wear our shame. Anita gives practical and helpful tips on how to cope, come out of the darkness, and heal. Getting Through What You Can’t Get Over will inspire and encourage women. They will come away understanding they are not alone in their suffering and that freedom is possible.”
- Tina Samples, award-winning author and Golden Scroll winner of Wounded Women of the Bible: Finding Hope When Life Hurts
"Agers-Brooks dislikes people saying, “Let go and let God.” She says she desperately wanted to let go, “but how do you let go of things you can’t get over?” That’s a question many of us ask. We all face those terrible times when life just doesn’t work right.
She presents a broad area of personal issues, and each chapter closes with practical and spiritual insights to enable readers to move through their own heartaches.
I liked this book."
- Cecil Murphey, author or co-author of more than 130 books including 90 Minutes in Heaven with Don Piper and Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story.