The Hotel on Mulberry Bay

Pub Date 01 Sep 2015 | Archive Date 06 Jul 2015

Escape to a hotel by the beach with Melissa Hill, the internationally bestselling author of SOMETHING FROM TIFFANY'S and A GIFT TO REMEMBER.
Mulberry Hotel, perched on a clifftop above a sweeping bay, was once the heart and soul of pretty seaside town Mulberry Bay. Run by the Harte family for years, the place itself is almost as beloved as cheery landlady Anna.

The hotel was also once home to thirty-something sisters Eleanor and Penny, and while youngest sister Penny still lives close by, it's been some time since Elle has visited. But following a family tragedy, Elle is forced to return from her busy London life and reassess her past.

When it becomes apparent that the hotel is in dire straits, Elle and Penny are unprepared for the reaction of their father, Ned, He steadfastly refuses to give up the family legacy, revealing that he's given up something equally precious once before. Startled by their father's surprising revelation, the sisters unite, with the local community behind them, in their efforts to save the hotel - and, in the process, heal the fractures in the Harte family.

Mulberry Hotel, perched on a clifftop above a sweeping...

EDITION Paperback
PRICE A$29.99 (AUD)

Send To Kindle (PDF)

I was provided a copy of this novel by the publisher Simon & Schuster (Australia) and Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. Subsequent to reading this novel I have also purchased the novel as an ebook for my collection. When their mother dies suddenly, sisters Elle and Penny discover that the family hotel is in financial ruin. The Hotel on Mullberry Bay tells the story of the Harte family while filled with grief having to find a way to save their mother's legacy and in doing so find out much about each other and themselves. This is a nice, well written light read. It is very descriptive - you almost feel as if you are there in Mullberry Bay. The story has plenty of romance as Elle muddles through her reacquaintance with former sweetheart Rob and unlucky-in-love Penny finds happiness with the unconventional hotel guest Colin. For me the most engaging part was the subplot centred around father Ned and his passion for Beatles music. While the storyline does become a bit predictable as Melissa Hill plays it safe (I was waiting for a twist that never came), I must admit the feel-good ending did bring a lump to my throat. Overall a nice summer romance story.