Beautiful Imperfection

Pub Date 27 Sep 2013 | Archive Date 19 Sep 2016
Pelican Book Group, Harbourlight Books

When witnesses to a mass murder start dying, breast cancer survivor Teddy Federline must push aside her anger and trust an ex-boyfriend to ensure she lives long enough to testify against the killer. Detective Sloan Michaels still has deep feelings for Teddy but realizes that after the way he left her years ago, he has a lot of making up to do. Now, he must keep his focus on the case and off the woman he loves. If Sloan doesn't keep Teddy safe, he'll never get a second chance.

A Note From the Publisher

Thank you for choosing this Christian fiction title from Pelican Book Group

Thank you for choosing this Christian fiction title from Pelican Book Group

EDITION Ebook

Links

Not set

A well written and moving second chance romance with suspense and is also Christian based. I was pleasantly pleased how the author, whom I have never read before, filled the pages with genuine, likable, yet flawed characters and engaging conversation. The plot was intriguing and kept me turning the pages. For reasons he never shared, Sloan was a fool to have left the best thing that has ever happened to him, and his heart never let him forget the incredible woman and the relationship they shared. Now, six years later, he is given another chance to prove how much he loves her, as well as protect her from a killer who is threatening her life. Teddy and her friend Claire find themselves witnessing a mass murder from behind the walls of the bar inside a night club. The men they were just seated with are slumped over and motionless. Teddy is a recent survivor of breast cancer and is determined not to die at the hands of a mad man. She and an active duty Marine decide to act, and together they take the shooter down. Arriving on scene to take statements from the witnesses is none other than Detective Sloan Michaels, the man who broke Teddy's heart back in college when he just up and walked away from her for no apparent reason. Give this one a try if you are looking for a really good, clean, Christian romance with suspense to boot! *I received this book, via Netgalley, in exchange for an honest review*

Not set

I never really thought about the healing that has to take place emotionally from having surgery like Teddy's. I never considered that the impact of surviving something as bad as Cancer could be devastating to your normal life. I picture surviving as the HEA. This book taught me the struggle that comes with it. I can't even begin to imagine. While the story on its own was REALLY good, I feel like i came out of this book with even more understanding. I wish someone had said..scary part coming, find a well lit room. Nope I was reading the cabin scene in the dark outside hearing noises. Holy Man that was intense. Amazing book! I will say if you are like me, you tend to shy away from stories with a cancer subplot. I use books as my escape and many times they are too real and they depress me. But this one didn't not even for a second. It was beautifully written and one that should be read over and over. Loved it.

Absolutely loved this book! I received this copy from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Omg had me hooked right from the start a super read first ive read by Kathryn J. Bain wont be the last recommended to all

I loved this book I was hooked from the very fist page and I couldn't put my kindle down while reading this book. When I was not reading this book I was thinking about what was going to happen next to the characters. I loved the romance and I enjoyed the writing this was the first book that I have read by this author and I will be reading more of her work in the future. I loved this book and the connection between the characters

It wasn't until I started reading that I realized that this book was a Christian fiction novel as due to the content it was quite an edgy read. The book starts with our main character Teddy going out on a blind date with her friends as she has finally been cleared and in remission from her breast cancer after she had a mastectomy. Her friends believe this is what she needs to make herself feel beautiful again. Unfortunately, the night will end in disaster and tragedy as the club they picked ends up being the scene of a mass shooting. Her friend Linda's husband ends up being among the casualties. Teddy and a fellow Marine have been hailed as heroes as they managed to stop the shooter Jack Sprague. It is here that Teddy will meet a blast from her past - Detective Sloan Michaels who was Teddy's first love and the guy whom she never got over after he dumped her without explanation. Sloan has never stopped loving Teddy and sees this as his second chance. However, he will have to make sure she can survive first as during the majority of the book - the remaining witnesses, the ones who were going to testify are being killed one by one and it looks like Teddy is next on the hit list. Can Sloan and his partner Raven figure out who is behind the hit list and why the killing spree happened in the first place as turns out Jack Sprague is just another random hired gunman? I have to admit for me this is where the book fell short, the reasoning behind all the senseless murders especially the way the book ended in terms of the killings that happened. Will Teddy after all this finally get her HEA that she deserves or will her life be cut short by a killer? Cancer couldn't kill her but will a gun? Find out in Kathryn J. Bain's Edgy Romantic Suspense / Christian Fiction "Beautiful Imperfection".