Cover Image: An Indecent Proposal

An Indecent Proposal

I did not finish this book. The story did not capture me and I did not love the premise once the book began.
This is the first book I have read by Julia Ross, I enjoyed the book,, given it is not the kind of book I would actually purchase for myself.  It’s agood light beach read so if you want something that you can pick up and read at leisure which doesn’t require too much thought this will do the job.  I’m not sure if I would look forward to reading anything else from the author, I’m more of a Harlan Coben, Kate Morton, Robert   Bryndza kind of reader.  Thanks to net galley and the publisher for the Arc.
I did like this story very much it had me from the first page to the last. I enjoyed the interactions of the three main characters and the romance was delicious.
This book was great and I loved that it was set in Europe.

I felt the love triangle situation was well written and I enjoyed all of the characters!

Glad to have read this book and full review coming to my site soon!
One of the first things I noticed was that it seems to be written by someone with English not as their first language or it was translated into English, poorly. This meant that sentence structure, especially in conversations, was difficult to follow sometimes. You had to figure out who was doing the talking and that lead to some frustration.

This certainly reads like a young adult novel but with adult topics. I didnt like that. The writing did not go with the story.
This was a decent book. Well written but didn't grab me as I was hoping it would. The story flowed nicely but didn't seem too realistic and I wasn't able to feel connected to the characters too well either. It would be a great weekend read as I feel you could flow through this rather quickly if you have alone uninterrupted time to just sit and read. Overall I feel this deserves 3 stars just due to the fact that I didn't build a strong connection to the characters. Story was well written but just felt it was lacking that extra that would make it hard to put down.
Bio:

The sensual, disarming story of a love triangle and an indecent proposal… With a failed relationship behind her, 25 year old Sara decides she has nothing to lose and accepts a new job in Switzerland. Feeling lost in her new surroundings she's befreiended by her work collegues Leo and Oscar. Blue-eyed, fair-haired Leo is gentle and sensitive. Oscar, his best friend, is the opposite: dark-haired, brown-eyed, and direct to the point of brusqueness; to her surprise she feels strongly attracted to them both. They make her a proposition – a long, no strings attached weekend in Barcelona, going along with anything they suggest. But what happens in Spain leads Sara to find it impossible to keep to their agreement...

Review:

This story was seriously lacking. For a twenty five year old, Sara was a huge freaking cry baby. She acted more like twelve than twenty five. "Oh there's a problem let's run away and cry about it." The only sensible person in this whole story is her best friend, who tries to get her to think about her choices... but of course she doesn't.

Oscar and Leo were okay characters. They could have been developed a little better with a little more backstory to make them less 2-d, but that's just my opinion. Oscar is a self righteous down right dick at times. He is harsh and mean. Not someone I'd wanna jump in bed with. Leo is too love sick and unavailable that it's pointless for her to even try to do this crap with them.

And then there's the ending. I was very angry with the ending. It was a complete letdown. And I hate saying that about any book, but it really was.

This was not my cup of tea as far as stories go. The sex scenes were mostly hot, but the actual story was lacking. A lot of people loved this book, I however did not.

*I received this advanced reader copy from netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
Wow... This book really left me speachless. I loved it. The perfectly drawn out love triangle, the passion, anger, regret and doubts accompanying all of it...
This really was a rollercoaster of emotions and I think I'm going to re-read this book several times!
A very uncomfortable read .. whilst by no means a prude, it was just too much for me and I struggled to finish it.

I'm sure there are plenty out there who thrive on this kind of read .. I'm just not one of them.
An Indecent Proposal was definitely not what I was expecting. I was expecting an erotic, steamy love triangle but what I got was an angst ridden, confusing story about 3 people I don't like, and whom didn't seem to like each other, either. Neither Sara, Leo or Oscar has much depth, or a strong connection. I felt lost from the very beginning, as if I were thrown into their story with very little explanation of their history. Apparently they had a fling 5 years previous and something happened to end it. Now, 5 years later at the wedding of Sara's best friend, Maddy, Sara is confronted once again with both men, and suddenly feelings are happening all over the place, and explanations seem to be needed.

I honestly hate to give less than 4 star reviews, but in this instance, I have to give it less than a stellar review because I had a really hard time even finishing it. One of the problems is that the author's writing is stilted, as if the original story was translated to English from some other language. At first I thought perhaps the author is British because some of her wording sounds British, but I've read books by British authors before and none of them had the odd, stilted wording of An Indecent Proposal. So, I'm not sure what the problem is exactly, I just know the writing style isn't smooth and flowing as it should be, nor is it very entertaining. And, because of the odd wording I had a hard time forming a connection with the story and the 3 characters. They don't seem to feel much of anything for each other aside from some anger on Oscar's part, basic lust (and not the steamy, interesting kind), and a whole hell of a lot of crying and sadness on Sara's part. I didn't feel love or anything approaching it, or even that all encompassing physical connection that usually embodies love triangles. Just a lot of blandness and crying.
Wow loved it. Love triangles do exist in the real world so it makes this book relatable.  If erotica is your genre then your bound to enjoy this novel by all means. This may be the book for you.Keeps you engaged throughout the novel , well that's how it was for me anyway.  The scenario and content were pleasing and certainly an must read novel.
Ah... what a mistake that was. I was very stressed recently, I had my master degree exam, I was studying a lot, so I needed a silly, fluffy and sexy read. I had this ARC on my Kindle for some time now, so I decided to give it a go. It was not enjoyable at all!

First of all, the writing is a bit off - the way conversations were written sometimes made us think that it was someone else delivering the line. To give example:

"Sara, by chance, do I have something on my mouth?" I started, not expecting the counter attack
or

"Have you really understood?" He seemed to hesitate a moment, but then his lips tightened in a cruel line.
or

"Good morning!" He grinned at her.
In each of the examples, the person that delivered the line, was not the person which action was described. It was like this again and again, making it difficult to understand parts of the book, and who said what

What's more, the main character - Sara is insufferable. She is overly dramatic and childish. She cries a lot, on average every second page we see her crying, and/or running away. She sometimes starts crying, and doesn't even realize it! She only feels how dump her cheeks are after a hot guy asks her what's happening. She is extremely self centered - at her best friend's wedding, she dramatically runs away after a drama involving her love interests from five years ago. Come on, who does such thing?

The whole mystery of what happened five years ago, on the memorable weekend it so, so disappointing and annoying. Really, this is why she disappeared, and this is why she is suffering for five years, and really no one moved on in those five years... I just can't. All the characters are strange and unlikable. They don't have anything in common with a real life person. I hated the trope of mysterious, bad guy that magically knows everything what the girl things and wants, and his penis is just the answer to all her problems. Relationships between characters were awful.

It's not a good book, writing is off, characters are annoying and underdeveloped, story is just stupid. Sex scenes are not helping the story, there aren't that hot. Skip this book.
i love this book; its a sexy read. definitely a must read.
This is the first book that I have read by Julia Ross and i enjoyed it i loved the premise of this story and the writing style i also enjoyed the characters. I was hooked from the very beginning and couldn't put this book down. I also loved the pacing of this novel and i will read more of Julia's work in the future.
The premise of the story is good but needs some work.
I have mixed feeling towards this story. Honestly, I hate Sara, the fact she is so weak, very confusing of what she's really want with her life, she's even confuse between the two guy. Even she has make a sexual intercourse with Oscar and Leo, still she's confuse which one of the two is her choice. I think she has hurt both badly, also she has hurt herself even worse by agreeing to Leo's and Oscar's crazy idea.

The ending of the story to me is happy and sad. I'm happy that Sara has make her choice and but I'm sad on behalf of Leo, but I'm left with puzzle of what happen to Leo?

Overall, the title has given me a promising stories but I couldn't hide, of what I have felt towards this stories because I felt its like a bit ridiculous of what the three of them have done.
Didn't finish. I don't write reviews for books that I couldn't read past 50%.