Cover Image: ReWired

ReWired

Thank you so much for the opportunity to read this book. Unfortunately I have been unable to get into it.
DNF at 66%
This book just wasn`t for me. I was generally bored and the characters fell flat and bland.
I was able to read this book through NetGalley.

I will say it was a decent YA novel. The book was well written, minus a couple of typos. I felt like the characters were enjoyable, but a problem I found is that the main romance/relationship in this novel seemingly happens out of nowhere. One minute, they're not even really friends and the next, they're kissing and have strong feelings for each other. That part didn't feel very believable to me.

However, I still enjoyed the book. Reminds me of something I would have been interested in reading in my teenage years.
Cover ⭐⭐⭐

Overall: 2 stars

POV: First Person (1)
Target Readers: 12-14
CWs: Death, Sexual References

I thought the premise for this book sounded great but unfortunately I found the execution disappointing. It started off well enough and the first third of the book kept my interest, but it seemed to devolve from there.

I feel like this book didn't really know what it wanted to be and had it's finger in too many pies. I personally think it would have done a lot better had it focused purely on the drama - the mystery and suspense - instead of having all these pointless action scenes. The caving, the ropes, the fire, I'm sorry but I hated it and those scenes were purely to try and make the story more exciting but they just felt so out of place and unnecessary.

They also didn't aid in any character development either.

Overall, I didn't mind Ada, I thought her voice and POV was fine. I also enjoyed the hacking aspects and thought it was the book's strongest suit and what it should have stuck to. Romance on the other hand, should have been left out completely. Not only was Fisher the worst character of the bunch but the chemistry was non-existent. It was worse than forced.

The setting had potential, it had creepy boarding school vibes, but was again let down in the execution. I'm also wondering how big this facility was? There's a couple of scenes that make it sound like this place was chocked with kids, but, we only ever see 2 faculty staff and the group have no interactions with any other kids whatsoever.

The story was just unrealistic and bizarre. All the near death experiences seemed forced and then when there actually was a death, it was kinda just skimmed over and had little effect or emotional impact.
ARC Review: Received for free via Netgalley for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

Honestly it was not the best , I was not into the main character and the development was not as strong as I hoped for.
Was it bad? No, but I wouldn't  read it again.
I do think it would please a younger reader though.
This is a medium paced thriller it is a shorter read in my opinion. The plot is sort of predictable to me. The story revolves around ada who was caught by her father hacking the fbi, she was then sent to the same reform school where her best friend was sent and committed suicide. Read the book to find out what happens.
This book looked like a promising thriller and then delivered a lot of problematic clichés, a slow then too fast pace and forgettable characters.
I really enjoyed this YA thriller! The topic of technology and online privacy is very important nowadays and here it is packed into an interesting, fast-paced story with intriguing characters. I thnk teenage readers will identify with Ada and her dilemmas. She is a strong character, although some of the choices she makes aren't exactly smart.
I would recommend this book and would like to read more books written by the same author.
I finally got around to reading this book and while it was not something that I would have ordinarily picked up, it was still quite enjoyable. The characters were engaging and the plot kept me entertained. I look forward to reading more by this author!
Loved the book. Definitely rereading it some time later on. It's a really short read. Read it in one sitting.
I was intrigued. This is a title I will recommend along with the likes of WarCross by Lu for my gamer students. I saw this as a visit to a world I have no understanding of -- computers and hacking. I enjoyed the cyber world of Ada.
I had many high hopes for this book when I began reading it based on the author and the hype already associated with this novel. Unfortunately it did not meet my expectations. Given the world we live in and the constant increase in need for technology this novel falls short in that regard. "Hacking" "Coding" these are all the new buzz words in YA lit these days and with that comes a larger expectation when it comes to authors bridging into that area. This novel hits all the buzz words without ever actually having a story. wonderful concept with a poor execution. This is a table side pick up and put down in between book for readers.
Ooh, how I wanted to love this book. Working with high schoolers as a school librarian, I was sure that this would be a hit. After trying to get into it, though, I struggled. I found the characters to be a bit cliche and the plot to be somewhat predictable. I suppose this would be a perfect read for a certain type of kid, but when purchasing books, I look for ones to recommend to multiple students. I apologize for not being able to give this a glowing review. Thank you for allowing me to review this book.
A great book for fans of the genre who look to explore tech and what effect it has on our lives. A quick read and one that can pull you in. It asks as many questions as it answers.
It was fine. I wouldn't say it's anything new to the YA world but it was fine. It was engaging enough to read until the end.
This is an interesting book for young readers and it definetely gives consideration to many issues at large in our technological society such as hacking and online privacy. When Ada is caught hacking by the FBI, she is sent by her senator father to a reform school called ReBoot, the same school her friend was sent to before she committed suicide and Ada blames for her death. She must now survive a new school while simultaneously tracking down information about what happened to her friend. The characters, including Ada can make some stupid choices at times, making parts of the book difficult to read, but teenagers often do so in life as well.
There seem to be so few techno thrillers, especially in YA, and after reading this, I'm not sure why! A really awesome read that had me drawn in not only by the cover, but the comps: Heist Scoiety meets Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. Seriously, definitely recommend if you're interested in techno thrillers!
I'm shocked it took Johannes four years to write this book.
Unfortunately, the characters were flat and cliché and the plot was dragged out longer than it should have been. Unfortunately we are stuck in Ada Lovelace's head which made everything ten times worse. She's self-centered and very often cruel to the people she calls friends, and honestly, just plain stupid. Oh and throw in random girl-girl hate because they like the same boy. That never happens in the real world.
Also, yes we get it social media = bad blah blah blah ugh.
Maybe I should just stop reading books that have plots mainly involving a rehab-type situation. So far, authors just don't seem to get that they need to be respectful about suicide, addiction and all that shebang.
Overall, I'm just disappointed. The end of the book seemed like it was setting up a sequel, but I don't think I'll be picking it up.
Overall, the book was interesting enough. It was a quick ready for me so it would be good for students wanting a longer chapter book while still being able to follow along without being bogged down with big words and complicated scenarios.

The is book is about a teenage hacker, Ada,  who just happens to be a senator daughter. After being caught trying to hack into a large social network, Ada is sent to a school called Reboot to rehabilitate her life to focus more on life and less on technology. Ada’s best friend had just completed a stint a Reboot, and then tragically committed suicide the day after her release. Ada, still in morning over her friend, has disconnected with the real world and has no other friends besides her online hacking group. During her time at Reboot, Ada begins to unravel information that leads her to believe that her best friend’s suicide may not have been just that. Along the way, she meets some interesting characters and begins to form the “in person” relationships that have been missing from her life.
Wasn’t sure about this one at first and even though the story was good enough to read the whole thing, it still fell a little short for me. I would still recommend readers to give it a try and see if it’s a better fit for them.