Cover Image: Gut Feeling

Gut Feeling

Thank you Netgalley and the Publisher for my ARC in exchange for my honest review. This was an enjoyable book.
This book read like one of those $1 books that people put in bookstores for the sole purpose that they would like to get rid of them, or as something on the kindle that you read because it was free and you didn’t want to pay for books. I honestly wanted to like this book, but I quickly had to DNF. I struggled with the writing, and the character wasn’t very likable to me. There was nothing for me to root for, and therefore I had to close the book and walk away.
I was just so bored, I don`t know what i had hoped for but I didn`t like the story and ended up skimming the last pages because of it. None of the characters had much development, Dave had some development but his brother? ugh, don`t get me started on the arrogant pig. But I don`t know, this book didn`t interest me, sadly.
Thank you NetGalley for this arc ! This book was okay. Not the best not the worst. Seems scattered but it was  worth a read.
I enjoyed gut feeling, the story was well paced and easy to get into.

The characters I felt needed a little more fleshing out, they all seemed very 2 dimensional to me.

Overall though, a quick and enjoyable read.
Gut Feeling is a lovely story about friends and second chance. Ashley is afraid to trust a man after a heartbreak. She must decide whether or not she's ready. With the love and support of her friends, it's an engaging story. The characters are loveable and fun. The plot is intriguing and unfolds at a good pace. Good read!
eARC provided by NetGalley and the Publisher in exchange for an honest review.
1.5/5 stars
It was hard to follow and the characters were hard to care about. It felt very repetitive and it got annoying. I got bored pretty quickly and struggled to finish. I am sorry to say it was not worth the read.
I quite enjoyed this romantic novel.

Gut Feeling introduces us to Ashleigh Lands, a dental nurse living in London. Her family has decided to move to New York. Ashleigh remains in London to be with Lee her boyfriend.

However, when he cheats on her Ashleigh she spirals into a life of alcohol and only thinks about work. Several months later she decides it is time for a change. In comes Dave who meets at the dental practice she is working.

Life could not be any better. Or could it?

The author developed the characters in a way that makes you want to meet them in real life. Overall, the storyline was easy to follow, enjoyable, and a fairly quick read.

Great story and I am looking forward to reading more by this author in the future.
This was a fairly quick read with some great fun. I was not familiar with this author's work prior and will look into others by them. This book did not hold my attention like I would have liked but overall was a fun read for something different.
I really liked the premise of the book. I loved Dave - he's a sweetheart. Ashleigh, though, the MC, often made a lot of not well thought out conclusions, which was quite frustrating, and I disagreed with her inner thoughts and her actions most of the time. In addition, the craft and execution of the writing and the plot were quite basic and not very well honed.  I'm not sure where my opinion of the book is, but probably somewhere between 2 and 3 stars. I'm going to round up to 3.
Really enjoyed this story.  Flowed well and had me hooked in reading it. The first book from this author. Will find more books from them.
This book came at just the right time. I was home quarantined for 14 days, so I had nothing but time. This was a great, funny and quick read which helped keep my mind off being stuck inside. It was mixed with a little of everything. I found myself laughing quite a lot. Especially when Ash and her friends went on vacation. The romance in the story made me feel all mushy inside and I found myself cheering.

This is a must read, it is quick and wonderful.
Thank you to NetGalley and Neville House Publishing for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an honest review.
A lovely book to read. Would be a good book club read for discussion. Going to try and read more by this author. Well done.
This ARC was provided to me via Kindle by Neville House Publishing  and #NetGalley for my honest opinion.

A cute, short little read. Victoria Browne never fails to disappoint me.
The blurb caught my attention but after that I lost my interest and didn't read this book. Maybe next time.
Gut feeling follows the story of Ashleigh a very relatable 20 something year old who is living the pretence of everything being fine in her life while secretly feeling a sense of despair. We follow Ashleigh as she is still trying to get over her ex Lee and start a new relationship with new comer Dave.

I struggled to like any of Ashleigh’s friends. I found them self absorbed, superficial and the worst kind of friends. The whole time I wished that Ashleigh would pack up and join her family in America.

Unfortunately I didn’t finish this book as I struggled to identify with the characters and follow Ashleigh much further than chapter 5. I loved the cover it is very eye catching with a green to yellow fade with a young woman in the centre with an airport scene behind her. If this book was on a shelf I would definitely pick it up. I love this style of cover it feels like the modern take on chick lit.
I thought this was going to be a quick romantic fun read but it wasn't. I didn't connect with the characters and found that the story was slow and not my cup of tea.
We meet our main character Ashleigh in the midst of self medicating with alcohol to get over her cheating ex. Enter our love interest, Dave. A man who is struggling to find love again after the love of his life has passed away. Ashleigh and Dave begin to fall in love while trying to over come their individual past experiences. This book should come with two trigger warnings, one for alcohol dependency and the other sexual assault. Dave has nothing short of sexual assault, and our secondary characters attempt to laugh it off at first which is extremely problematic. This book is simple and short, the writing is to the point and a little one dimensional.
Great book. I think it was relatable because tons of people feel competitive towards siblings especially when they are figuring out life.  The plot was cute.
The story takes place in London. Ashleigh stays behind to be with her boyfriend while her family moves to America.  Then she breaks it off with said boyfriend. Her no good cheating ex wants her back and will stop at nothing for another chance. When she meets Dave he is too good to be true. Definitely a book to read in 2021