Cover Image: Saved

Saved

*Thank you to NetGalley for this ARC in exchange for my honest review. All thoughts are my own!*

I honestly had to think hard when trying to write this review! This is my first book my Angel Payne and wow she put me through all the emotions…

This book had me in all my feels. It made me laugh, it made me want to cry, it made me angry, but mostly it made me happy!

I loved Garrett as the hero but he definitely made me want to slap some sense into him! He thought he lost the love of his life (his fiancé) but he ends up saving her. But as he trying to protect her from the people after her, he also felt he had to save her from himself for wanting to explore being his submissive and experimenting with BDSM.

But when Sage gets taken for a second time my heart shattered for not only her but for Garrett as well! All I thought was he can’t lose her again && she can’t deal with this again. I love the strength that Sage has. She’s a true fighter!

It made me happy when the both realize how they’re both holding back and with exploring BDSM it could help their relationship && help them heal as well!

This book was truly amazing and definitely worth the read! You can’t help but root for the love between Garrett && Sage while wanting to kill the bad guys yourself! I know I definitely wished I could jump in the book && ring a could necks, lol. I can’t wait to read the next book cause if it’s anything like the first, I know I won’t be disappointed!! It’s a must read.
This story wasn't what I had hoped it would be. Garrett is part of the Special Forces and is reckless with his life after losing the love of his life, Sage. As a coping mechanism, Garrett is into some hardcore BDSM. However, a mission leads him to find Sage alive after a year of brutal captivity, and now he struggles with keeping this side of him under control.

I had several issues with this storyline. Initially, it felt like a military romance, but that plotline is scattered throughout. There are sex scenes, but Garrett spends too much time internalizing why he shouldn't show how he's changed in the bedroom that the angst is on high heat for most of the story.  My biggest issue, however, is with Sage. She was rescued and injured, yet they're "ensconced safely in the US Embassy guest quarters," getting ready to climb into bed. Instead, she's walking around in his t-shirt and underwear—no mention of seeing any medical team. She is "weak as a fawn and shaky as a newborn colt" yet has the strength and energy to initiate sex with Garrett.

Overall, there is potential, but there are too many inconsistencies to make it a story I'd revisit.
This was my first novel by Angel Payne and I have mixed feelings thus far. I feel slightly deceived with this one! I thought it would be much spicier than it ended up being. Despite this, I did enjoy the bit of spice and tension that was included in the book. I really enjoyed the first half of the book and the overall plot however the ending was a bit abrupt for me.
I really thought this was a really captivating book. There was a lot of darker and heavier subject matters that was handled really well and with a sense of respect that I admired. The spicy parts of the book matched the energy and themes of the story in a way that I didn’t expect. I think people will really like this book
For this book I really like this book it was a little hard to read at first but I kept going and turned out to be one of my favorite books
I voluntarily read and reviewed this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Novel was very sexy and very boring. The first few chapters were enjoyable. The balance of the book
very predictable. It was an enjoyable read.
Thank you NetGalley for a free copy for an honest review

I have fallen in love with this book!
Can’t wait to continue on in this series.
I love me some smut and there was a lot of action/suspense as well.
Garrett, a high-ranking member of a military special forces unit, believes he lost the love of his life, Sage, when she was among a group of aid workers who were kidnapped and killed in the jungles of Thailand a year earlier. He is in the midst of grieving the loss of his beloved when Sage and her teammates are rescued and the world as he knows it is turned upside down.

This is the first title in a series of romantic suspense novels. This is the first title I've read by the author but I'll definitely be checking out more. This novel is FREE right now wherever you buy books

✦ Goodreads ➜ https://bit.ly/3fd4Vuv
✦ Amazon ➜ https://amzn.to/3fifoF7
✦ Apple ➜ https://apple.co/3GjFm6N
✦ Google ➜ https://bit.ly/3HTBOsw
✦ Kobo ➜ https://bit.ly/3K56RmY
✦ Nook ➜ https://bit.ly/3HQTRPY

TAGS: fiction, romance, erotic romance, bdsm, military romance, romantic suspense, 2nd chance romance

*Thanks to NetGalley, Waterhouse Press & Angel Payne for providing a free eARC in exchange for my honest review #BookReview #NetGalley @NetGalley #Saved #WaterhousePress @WaterhousePress #AngelPayne @angelp912
New to me author Angel Payne writes Saved, a super sharp, dark love story with an engaging storyline.  Garrett and Sage's journey to deal with their pasts in order to move on with their future is gritty, emotional, intense and captivating.  I recommend it highly to anyone who enjoys an epic love story with heart and soul.   #Saved #NetGalley
Garrett is a broken man after his fiance disappears and is presumed dead.  When she is found alive he must struggle with how they have both changed.  Add in the fact that all of his protective instincts are on overdrive and Garrett is a mess.  Sage is a fighter who managed to survive a year on the run and in captivity but she might not survive the changes in Garrett.  She is desperate to reconnect with him but doesn't understand why he keeps her at arm's length.  Can they find a way to communicate their needs to each other?  Will their love survive the danger that follows Sage home?

I really liked the concept of the story.  Garrett and Sage should have never been a couple because of the rules of the military but they couldn't resist each other once they met.  Garrett has spent the year leading up to the story mourning the loss of Sage but also realizing that he has certain urges that he has no outlet for.  He is terrified of unleashing these new found needs and wants on Sage because he thinks she will reject him.  Sage just wants to reconnect with Garrett and has no idea why he is so distant.

I think it's a great concept but the characters fell flat, in my opinion.  I connected with Sage's confusion more than I did with Garrett's confusion.  I also felt that their final move into a new type of relationship (I can't name it or I'll have trouble posting this review....but it's an adult-type thing) was fast and furious and it wasn't believable.

This is a contemporary, military, second chance romance with a bad guy subplot.  If you like alternative lifestyles discussed in your romances then you might like this one.  This is an angsty love story.
This is an edge of your seat kind of book!  I felt deeply the emotions that Angel Payne brought forth with these characters.  I literally cannot wait for the next book in the series.  I love her Wild Boys with the Special Forces and want much more.
Opinions are my own.
I voluntarily read and reviewed an advance copy of this book provided by the publisher, Waterhouse Press, via NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own. This book was slow to me until the very end with the action. The erotic part and the characters just fell short to me. I wanted to like it as I generally like this authors books.
Angel Payne brings us the first book in her Honor Bound series.  We meet Garrett who is in Special Forces whose life was turned upside down when the love of his life was kidnapped and killed.  Ever since then, Garrett goes on missions with no regard for himself.  All this changes when a mission in Thailand reveals Sage still alive and captive after all this time.  Will their love be strong enough to withstand what they each have gone through, or will they walk on eggshells and eventually break their bond for good?

Angel Payne draws you in when Garrett discovers Sage still alive.  She keeps you with them as they readjust to life together and what that means with the trauma each has lived through.  You want to know if they can overcome their own insecurities and demons enough to let each other in and allow love to win.

I have read an advanced copy of this book.  All thoughts and opinions are my own.  I would like to thank NetGalley and Waterhouse Press for this privilege.
Angel Payne, has forever been a favorite author for me. The writing style is fluid, and unlike most erotic novels, the books are not cheesy. You will be put on a fast paced roller coaster. Instantly hooked with the first page. This story definitely did not drag. I also loved how strong the female characters were described.

This is not your typical romance novel as the sex scenes are very intense. If you are looking to binge a series, this is definitely for you.

Saved, is the first in the series of the Honor Bound Books, there is 12 all together so far.

The way that Garrett loved Sage was indescribable. I was completely consumed by their story. At times it was also heartbreaking.

I don't want to spoil much more, I just want you to go out and purchase this book ! You will not be disappointed!
Great book. Really enjoyed. My first time reading this author and I was impressed. Garrett Hawkins "Hawk" has been mourning the loss of his fiancée Sage Weston for over a year. He has throw himself into his job with special forces living on the edge. On a rescue mission in Thailand he is shocked when discovers and rescues Sage from trafficker's. Garrett has discovered that he is a dominant that wants to dominate her but he is afraid to hurt her. Sage is all for it but Garrett struggles with accepting this side of himself. What follows is a very emotional story filled with lots of angst and suspense.

I received this copy as a ARC from Netgalley for my honest review.
Saved was the first book that I have read by author Angel Payne ~ I received a free copy from Netgalley. I am a sucker for military romances, so this was right up my alley! Hot alpha male, steamy sex scenes, wow!! I also appreciated that despite the title of the book, the female characters in the story were not weak victims waiting to be "saved" by the men, they were actually strong women who could hold their own.  I believe this is the first of a series, I will definitely be looking for the next one!
please dont shoot the messenger/reviewer..
i did not care for this even tho the concept and blurb were right up my alley.
the reality of it just didnt connect here are my issues with it
<spoiler>
special forces guy just allowed to be getting drunk until mission calls in Thailand.. not really accurate
love of his life sage was in the sex trade industry for years and then boom sees Garrett and is perfectly normal?
neither MC saved the other one
who was an aid worker? what is an aid worker? how did they get kidnapped? what?
the book lost its marbles when ONE spank was so naughty and twisted.. and also didnt trigger ANY PTSD from Sage.. shes like ooh he spanked me once what a kinky man okay
there really isnt any dominant ... this is truly a NORMAL sex story... with like no sex? this is labeled erotica.. and yet where was it .. two scenes? only one truly being "hot"
</spoiler>
so for that I am sorry!
Suspenseful and action packed live story about love lost and the work needed to gain it back. Loved this read.
Garrett is the most valuable asset to his Special Forces Unit as he doesn't care if he lives or dies. He will go into anywhere needed. He had lost his desire to live when the love of his life was captured and killed with her medical unit over  a year ago. He has turned himself into  a finely tuned fighting machine. His world was upended when he was rescuing a group of kidnapped aid workers in Thailand and the love of his life, Sage was there. He had changed drastically since he last saw Sage. His tastes in passion are much darker as he has become a dominant. Their relationship has challenges as they try to find their way back together. I recommend this book for anyone that likes erotica.
Garrett is Special Forces. When him and his team go to take out a human trafficker, he finds his fiancee who was said to have been killed over a year ago. Sage was on the run in Africa until she's captured and taken to Bangkok to be sold. Once their back stateside Garrett fights his dominant nature but Sage wants him to let go of the leash and explore this with her. When she is 're- kidnapped and he goes in to rescue her, he must finally show his dominance over her.
This was a sexy story about hot military men and a man fighting his dominant nature. He goes to another woman to try and get it out of his system. He doesn't actually have sex but almost. He then goes right back to Sage with scratch marks on his neck. I thought she should have tossed him out on his butt or beat the crap out of him. Apparently this was called SAVED BY HIS SUBMISSIVE when I read it the first time. Because after reading it, when it pops up for a review that was the titled and I’d already wrote a review. In that one I wrote about him going to another woman but in this one he just gets drunk. He does come back with scratches but they never say how he got them. I really did like the story this time around and don’t even remember reading it the first time.