Buzz Books 2018: Spring/Summer

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 15 May 2018

My TBR stack always grows by so much with every edition of this! I love reading the excerpts and It really helps me pick out new books that I will love, find books I might not have even given a chance, or to know which books I wont like as much. Thanks Netgalley!
Good overview of what's coming. Always appreciate these Buzz Book roundups. Not sure what else to say here for the 100 characters :)
It was cool I had the chance to see new books and stories. I ’m always excited to see previews. It is so helpful in deciding what to request !
As I've come to expect, this was a nice collection of the upcoming books that will be published in the coming months. The excerpts allow you to sip from the books and choose the ones you're most excited for while still having a nice general overview of what will become available.
I love these samplers and how great they are for readers looking for new authors and some good underrated books. I didn't find anything that I wanted to continue reading but I love the idea of these and will continue to request.
I appreciate this handy book. It's helpful to get a taste of some of the hot, forthcoming books--either for my own reading and to inform other readers about specific titles they might want to keep an eye out for. I ended up getting a hard copy at BookExpo which I consulted more than the digital edition.
I found a lot of great books in this edition  It makes it so easy to request the ones that are available, and assess the ones you might buy.  I appreciate having this resource available, and finding out about new books coming out.
I love getting a chance to read a sample of new highly anticipated books coming out ahead of time! Both as a person who loves reading and a librarian who orders books for a library collection, this is truly helpful.
This is not really a review but I found this was very useful for finding upcoming new releases.  Thank you!  Glad this is available!
Worth snagging to get a glimpse into upcoming releases whether or not you're looking to increase your monthly or yearly tbr.
What can you do during a hot summer? I can read one of the books included in this inspiring list of books that will be published soon.
Great opportunity to test out some of the most anticipated releases! I got this only to read French Exit by the amazing Patrick DeWitt but I enjoyed quite a few of these previews!
This was the perfect preview to get me excited about forthcoming books! I enjoyed the preview excerpts of How To Walk Away and Baby Teeth! Thanks for directing my attention to books I may have otherwise missed!
I adore these mini collections that give readers a sneak peek at forthcoming titles! I always find something new to read that I might have overlooked!
Amazing selections; I can't wait to read so many of these titles! My summer reading list is officially set!
A fantastic resource to have has a blogger who likes to know the newest and exciting upcoming reads . A great way to discover hidden little gems that I might not otherwise hear about.
so excited for some of these!! I just genuinely like the idea of being able to pick up my next reads from before, and I can say that some of these were really good and I just really hope that the full books will be just as interesting. Maybe not all of them suited my usual genres that I pick from, but I am still very much excited..
Buzz Books are one of my favorite ways to discover new books! Here are the titles from this edition that caught my eye:

How To Walk by Katherine Center:

This one sounds sad, but left me wanting more. Margaret has her whole life ahead of her with a loving fiance, dream job, bright future, but then it's suddenly ripped away. How will she cope? What will she do next? Will she be able to go on?

Our Kind of Cruelty by Araminta Hall:

Not my usual type of read as I'm not a big fan of stalkers or jealous ex-boyfriends, but the writing grabbed my attention and wouldn't let go! Mike and V used to date, but now she's marrying another man. To be honest, they both sounded like jerks. But V doesn't seem to know that Mike doesn't believe they really broke up and is just waiting for the right moment to "rescue" her. Just like the bar game they used to play, where he'd be the jealous boyfriend chasing off anyone flirting with her. Now I'm wondering what Mike will do next?

Good Luck With That by Kristan Higgins:

Three overweight teenage girls meet at summer camp and become lifelong friends. Sixteen years later, one of them winds up in the hospital, morbidly obese. Before her body gives out, she makes her friends swear to a deathbed promise. What was in the envelope? What had her friends promised? Definitely left me wanting to find out what happens next!

This I Know by Eldonna Edwards:

Grace is the daughter of a small town Evangelical pastor and has a gift, although some seem to think it's a curse. Grace knows things. Things that she shouldn't. Like when a little boy drowned in a nearby lake. Or that her mother is pregnant again. And there's also the small issue of talking to her twin brother, even though he died at birth. Another sample that left me wanting more!

Sometimes I Lie by Alice Feeney:

Woman wakes up in a hospital. She's in a coma, so can't communicate with the people around her. What happened? Was she in an accident? Why can't she remember? And why is she so sure that her husband had something to do with it? Inquiring minds want to know!

Tell The Machine Goodnight by Katie Williams:

Intriguing story about a woman who works as a Contentment Technician for a company that knows what will make you happy after a simple cheek swap. A machine spits out recommendations. Check everything off the list and you'll be happier! With a 99.97% approval rating, there's gotta be something to it. There's also her relationship with her unhappy bulimic son, but I was more interested in learning more about her job.

A Handful of Happiness by Massimo Vacchetta:

A non-fiction story about an Italian veterinarian who discovers his new life's passion while caring for an orphaned baby hedgehog. How could anyone resist a baby hedgehog?

Already looking forward to the next batch of samples!
I love this feature!! I look forward to the Publishers Lunch. It gives me a heads up and new titles.
I always love receiving the previews that Publisher's Lunch puts out. This one did not dissappoint! There are many good previews in this Buzz Books