Buzz Books 2018: Fall/Winter

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 15 Jan 2019

So many great books to add to my TBR! I love these previews. It's a great way to get introduced to the new books that will be coming out soon!
A broad array of recommended books to curl up and read during the colder months. I have read the Spring and Summer edition and loved it so I requested for this one too. As expected, I loved the books being featured and I’ve added them to my TBR list.
This catalogue was useful, but I no longer need it to show up in my "review this title" area. :) :) :)
I have been a regular reader of Buzz Books for years. They do a great job compiling upcoming books for preview by readers.
I liked having access to these books to preview. Some were better than others so I skimmed through those. I found ones that I really liked...The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides kept me in terrifying suspense to the very twisty ending!  Dianne Chamberlain is a favorite author of mine and  I loved Dream Daughter. Thanks for this collection  that helps me to see if I like them enough to read the whole  book.
This Buzz Book had forty different excerpts to read through to get an idea of some of the books coming out, this might be my favourite selection to date as it had so many different options that appealed to me. Did I like every item? No, but I liked the ability to see if I might like it!

I'm quite excited about Lisa Gabriele's "The Winters" which is a reimagining of Du Maurier's "Rebecca" and Stephen Carter's "Invisible: The Forgotten Story of a Black Woman Lawyer Who Took Down America's Most Powerful Mobster."

Also, thrilled to see Deborah Blum has a book here, I really loved her book "The Poisoner's Handbook" on the NY Coroner's Office. I've picked up Christine Lagorio-Chafkin's "We Are The Nerds" already.
Buzz Books always manage to provide some great extracts and this 2018 Fall/Winter edition is no different
Excellent preview of upcoming titles - appreciated the format as well as the selection.  Added a number to my TBR list!
This helps me talk about upcoming titles that are sure to be popular. The sneak preview gives me a chance to prepare readalike suggestions to keep patrons satisfied if the holds queue is long.
I love these opportunities to sample upcoming releases. This has helped me add several new authors to my reading list. I’m looking forward to the release of several of these stories.
Here is another wonderful collection of suggestions for future reading - and so my Wish List grows longer.

It's great when you discover another book by a favourite author such as Diane Chamberlain who has written Dream Daughter, or Barbara Kingsolver with Unsheltered. But it's also wonderful to discover a new author to try out, as in Stephen Giles (The Boy at the Keyhole) or Hiro Arikawa (The Travelling Cat Chronicles).
I also discovered a book that sounds fascinating amongst the non-fiction - Maid by Stephanie Land.
Amongst the debut authors I was immediately drawn to Friday Black by Nana Kwame Adjei-Brenyah and White Dancing Elephants by Chaya Bhuvaneswar.
And my final choice from this selection was Leif Enger's Virgil Wander.

Yet again, spoilt for choice. Thank you Buzz Books.
The Buzz Books give you a look at forthcoming books. They also provide, in some cases, a few pages of the book so you can get a sense of the quality of the writing.
I so appreciate the Buzz Books previews, it's such a nice way to find out and sample what's coming up!  Thank you!
Great info as always! The Buzz Books always help me add to my TBR list. I look forward to seeing what is coming because it helps me plan out some of my reading schedule.
Loving all these samples and being able to read excerpts of upcoming books! They’re worthwhile so we can see which books grips us from the beginning
Very helpful for me, as always. Obviously not applicable for library purchase, etc.

Thanks, as always, for this helpful tool.
Fabulous resource for upcoming titles! This was my first time utilizing the resource, and I'll be happy to use them in the future as time permits. I enjoyed the variety of titles included.
Love this opportunity to see what’s available. Thanks so much to Netgalley and the publishers for the opportunity to preview.
Looking forward to many of these titles...especially Unsheltered by Barbara Kingsolver.  Also found several debut works that are worthy of consideration.  I enjoy reading these and the excepts to help decide titles to add.  Thank you!
Buzz Books always combines nice excerpts from many much anticipated upcoming books. While terrible for the TBR, it does give a great overview and gives one the impression that he/she is ready for the upcoming book season. Would recommend.