Cover Image: The Night Before

The Night Before

Eh. Most of this was a stretch in believability and realistic expectations of what would happen in such situations. Just a huge stretch. Possible?I guess, but not really all that “real” to life. And the main character was just so unlikable. Ick. Just didnt think this was a great book. It was not terrible, but I wouldnt really recommend it either.
This is a very atmospheric and creepy thriller, the main character is so well done and so well immersed into the storyline that it makes this book seem like you’re watching a movie while you’re reading. If you’re into thrillers or just creepy books in general, this would be a great addition to your reading.
Two very different sisters, one goes missing the night before and the other tries to put the nightmare together.

The Night Before is a clever, unique, fast-paced story that had my heart racing right from the start. The characters are so well-developed and the well-layered plot drew me right into the lives of these two very different sisters, their bond and their dark secrets.

I love unreliable characters and Wendy Walker does such a great job here with keeping me on our toes with the best possible sense of dread as I tried to figure out who was the danger and who was in danger.

The twists and turns, red herrings had my head spinning from the excitement and I was going in so many different directions trying to figure out how it was all going to come together I didn’t see that unexpected ending coming that came together so well. I highly recommend!

Thank you to Jordan from St Martin's Press for my copy from NetGalley to read and review.
I really regret not reading this when it first released. I picked up The Night Before on a whim this past summer and didn't look up until I finished the book a few hours later! I thought I knew where the plot was going so many times only to be proved wrong at every turn. Wendy Walker is an auto-buy author for me now and I look forward to reading more from her in the future.
This is a thriller about a woman who comes to today with a lot of baggage. The story was good and for the most part it kept moving, but it was not one that I would necessarily recommend because it swept off my feet.

Laura is obsessed with getting someone to love her. So much so she overlooks a lot of red flags with her date, Jonathan. Laura's sister, Rosie, is worried when she doesn't return the next day. There are lots of questions and we really aren't sure who to trust. The twists and red herrings are pretty easy to see through and I had it figured out pretty much from the beginning but there were a couple of things that came as a surprise.
This book was ok. It felt like I have read the story before and then it was wrapped up too quickly too perfectly. The two points of view were very hard to differentiate. Once I got into the flow halfway through it got a bit better. The story was decent, the book was entertaining. Just not mind-blowing.
Thank you St. Martin's Press for the digital copy. Laura decides to give internet dating a chance after a bad break up. When she doesn't return from a date one night, her sister Rosie begins a frenzied search for her. She's not just worried about Laura, she's worried about what Laura might have done.

This is a solid psychological thriller. Good pacing and well timed reveals made for a swift and fun read. The multiple pov's gave the story more depth and kept the plot fresh. The big reveal was a great twist and one that I didn't anticipate. Although I found every character unlikable, I was still invested.

I would recommend this to avid thriller readers as well as newbies to the thriller genre.
The Night Before starts out very slow and I thought it was a basic thriller about internet dating gone wrong. But the book is so much more than that with twists I definitely didn't see coming. There was a lot to like about the novel but I particularly loved the narrative being told by two sisters, Laura and Rosie. Laura's chapters had so much tension that I felt on the edge of my seat the longer she spent on her date. There are some allusions to past trauma throughout the book and I liked how the author gradually gave us breadcrumbs until the explosive end. Overall rating 4.5/5 stars.
This book had me hooked. I immediately had to recommend it to my colleagues and friends as I knew that they would enjoy it as much as I did.
A psychological thriller, The Night Before will grab you from the beginning and not let go until the very end. Very well done storyline and great - well-crafted characters make this a must read.
It's great to be in a position to recommend much more diverse books to our young people at school. Building the senior school library as a place where students actually come and find books that they want to read as opposed to books that teachers think they ought to read is an important responsibility and one we take really seriously.
Books like this are such a positive move as they will appeal to a broader set of readers than we are usually attracting. Dealing with modern issues in a clear and captivating way with a strong narrative voice and characters that the students can relate to is critical as we move forwards. This book is both an intelligent and compelling read that will hold even the most reluctant reader's attention and keep them turning the pages long into the night. It keeps the reader on their toes and ensures that you give it your full attention too. I found myself thinking about its characters and events even when I wasn't reading it and looking forward to snatching kore time with it and I hope that my students feel the same. An accessible, gripping and engrossing read that I can't recommend highly enough. Will absolutely be buying a copy for the library and heartily recommending it to both staff and students.
This was so good! SO GOOD! I'm really starting to love this author. Thanks for the opportunity to read it!
I am sorry for not reviewing fully but I don’t have the time to read this at the moment. I believe that it wouldn't benefit you as a publisher or your book if I only skimmed it and wrote a rushed review. Again, I am sorry for not fully reviewing!
Such a clever thriller, weaving back and forward in time to create a thrilling suspense story that will leave you surprised at the end. Extremely compulsive and readable, this is also dark and subversive, with a message about the way we look at women. Unputdownable!
Wendy Walker has quickly become one of my favorite thriller authors. Her writing is so incredible and left me constantly guessing. I also really enjoyed the alternating perspectives between Laura and Rosie. I found both of them to be incredibly interesting and each chapter left me needing to know more. Overall, it was absolutely gripping start to finish and I will definitely be recommending this to thriller lovers.
I have wanted to love so many Wendy Walker books and ended up putting them down in frustration.  I'm going to pass on this one, I just don't think this author is for me.
I didn't know much about this book before I read it. Missing young woman, who leaves on a blind date and does not come home. Her sister is frantic the next morning.

that alone hooked me. And wow what a read!  The book is told thru Laura and her sister Rosie's point of views. They were long time friends with Joe, who marries Rosie, and Gabe.

When Laura goes missing the other three band together to try and find her.

I do enjoy a good psychological thriller and this book DID NOT disappoint!!!

I don't want to give anything away but i will say this book is compelling and surprising.

great entertainment.

Thank you to Netgalley for the complimentary e book in exchange for an honest review.
This book really surprised me!! I honestly thought I knew what was going to happen at the halfway point, but all of my predictions were completely wrong!

I really liked the way the story was told. I liked following the two sister's perspectives and going back and forth in time.

This is now my second Wendy Walker book, and I'm definitely going to be adding her others to my TBR immediately!
I read this book in one sitting . I could not put it down. Two timelines , two point of views. One sister missing and one searching. Great writing and great pacing. An intense and chilling must read.
It's been a long time since I was as underwhelmed with a book as I was with this one. Just an all-around non-starter for me. May do it for someone else, but for me it was trying to do too much and amounted to an eye-rolling experience.