The Night Before

A Novel

Pub Date 14 May 2019 | Archive Date 31 Dec 2020

Talking about this book? Use #TheNightBefore #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Twelve hours earlier, she was...

Now she's gone.

Twelve hours earlier, she was...

Now she's gone.

ISBN 9781250198679

When I got the rare opportunity to do a super early read of Walker’s latest I was ecstatic! This one isn’t even out until next summer, no cover yet even and the blurb is still very short so I’m going to keep this brief so as pique your interest but not to spoil anything. Really the only thing you can tell from the brief blurb is that a woman is missing, that’s Laura and then you also hear from her sister Rosie. This is not your run of the mill missing persons story, Walker puts her own unique spin on things and she wrong footed me more times than I can count. I had a new theory practically every single chapter and in the end none of mine were right. The pacing was awesome, it started out strong and steady, hooking me instantly and then the closer you get to the end the faster it gets. It all ends in a whirlwind of surprising revelations and it’s only then do you realize the depth of Walker’s plotting and keen ability to weave a dark tale. I loved this one and urge you to preorder it, must read! Overall rating: 5/5 Thanks to the publisher for my review copy. The Night Before in three words: Compulsive, Fast and Clever.

Laura's gone out with a man she chose off a dating site and she hasn't come home to her sister Rosie's house so Rosie goes looking for her. This tale of a woman wrapped in by a man has several levels- Laura's high school date was killed, she's worked with a therapist to get through her trauma, and now, something isn't right about Jonathan, if that is his name. The chapters move back and forth in time and between narrators, although they are primarily Laura in the first person and Rosie in the third person. This one will have you guessing for quite some time. The first twist seemed gratuitous and I wasn't sure why it was relevant. The second twist- the big one- could have been better foreshadowed because it came pretty much out of nowhere. Nonetheless, this was a quick page turning read. Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC. Be careful who you date!

Have you ever read a book and thought "holy crap, I need to read every book this author has written, right away?" Well, that's me right now. I read it in almost one sitting, and got irritable when my husband interrupted me. "I'm at 98%, Lemme BE!" It's a good thing he is so forgiving. Wendy Walker got my attention with this book. A protagonist who returns home to her sister and their group of life-long friends in small-town CT in order to heal from a bad breakup in NYC. The next step in the recovery plan: try dating again. One first date. Only, the next morning, she is missing. And in the shared past of the four friends is a murder...and the past has them second-guessing everything. Well-developed story. Believable characters. Very good read. Suspenseful. Ending feels satisfying. #TheNightBefore #NetGalley #Goodreads

I enjoyed reading Emma In The Night. So, when I got the request to read another book written by Wendy Walkers, I dropped what I was doing and started reading. I could not put this down until I finished reading it. The description doesn’t give you much information. But that turned out to be part of the attraction to the book. I don’t think the technique would have worked if I had not already read and enjoyed one of Wendy’s books. So, take it from me you do not want to miss reading this book if you like psychological thrillers, suspense or mystery. This is a must read! After you have finished reading this book you will be a Wendy Walker fan reading her others. I don’t want to give any spoilers and keep in line with the brief description. In addition to being one of the best psychological thrillers I have read, it was also a great family drama with enjoyable lifelong friendships. This was not a predictable storyline. There were plenty of twists and turns I did not see coming. The author alternates from past to present and from different characters points of view. I felt this was an effective and enjoyable writing style for this particular book. I would love to see this book made into a movie. I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book courtesy of NetGalley. A special thank you to Jordan at St. Martin’s Press and to Wendy Walker for choosing me to read the book prior to publishing in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own. If this review was helpful to you please click the link below.

4.5 stars This book is a prime example of what a psychological suspense thriller should be! By far, it’s my favorite thriller read so far this year. The publisher blurb: "Twelve hours earlier, she was...
 Safe.

Now she's gone." Now that is a perfect blurb! It’s best to go into this read with as little information as possible. Laura goes on a date with a man she met on an online dating site and doesn’t return home. From there, the story alternates between the ‘night before’ chapters narrated by Laura, and chapters featuring her sister Rosie, who attempts to piece together the clues in an increasingly desperate attempt to locate her sister. Interspersed throughout the book are chapters detailing sessions between Laura and her therapist. I love how the author brings a psychological slant to all her books. I picked this up early one morning to read and three hours later I was still in the same spot. If life had not intervened I would have read this cover to cover in one sitting. The pacing is perfect and the author reveals additional information at just the right times to keep the tension and suspense high. The ending had my pulse racing and I couldn’t flip the pages fast enough. If you’ve given up on thrillers because many are less than thrilling my advice is to put this on your radar for the May 2019 publication date. It will restore your faith in the genre! *thanks to St Martin's Press for an e-galley of the book in exchange for an honest opinion. *Many thanks to the Traveling Sisters here on Goodreads, for the pleasure of reading and discussing this book as a group. * review to publish on Amazon in May 2019

Twelve hours earlier, she was...Hopeful. Excited. Safe. NOW SHE’S GONE That was all the publisher said, so if they want to be vague, and have readers go in blind, I am not going to say much more.....but, I will give you a smidgen more.... Excerpt : (page 2) “ Lipstick, cherry red. I choose the color because it’s bright and cheerful. It’s optimism in a tube. And, that’s exactly what I need tonight.” The guest bathroom at my sister’s house is impossibly small, with slanted ceilings and a tiny oval mirror. The lipstick hovers on the edge of a pedestal sink. I put it on first, so I won’t change my mind, rolling that optimism right across my lips.” Is that not gorgeous writing? I had the opportunity to read this through Netgalley super early, in exchange for candid feedback, as this book is not scheduled to be released till May 14th, 2019. All I can say is that if you love thrillers with a twist...pre order now. If you have a sister, you have always had to look out for...pre order now... If you love stories told through two narratives, and a transcript, pre order now... I will be making time to go back and read the author’s first two books, after reading this one.. I would like to thank Netgalley, St. Martin’s Press and Wendy Walker for the ARC. All opinions are my own.

If you’ve read a book by Wendy Walker before then you know how she likes to play with red herrings and twist her plots like someone wringing out a wet sheet. Just when you think you have it all figured out, she throws you off the trail completely. The story is about two sisters, one of them lives under a dark cloud of suspicion because of a tragic event in the past. Everything Laura does, especially when it comes to romantic relationships, is always brought back to what she may or may not have done in the past. Subsequently the reader is never quite sure whether they are dealing with Laura the secret psychopath or Laura the insecure victim of odd circumstances. When she goes missing after arranging to meet up with a man on dating website, her sister Rosie goes into meltdown and believes the worst has happened. She rounds up the troops before time runs out for Laura. Simultaneously the reader is privy to events between Laura and this mysterious man, and let me tell you Walker presents an excellent cat and mouse game between the two of them. You’re just never sure which one of them is the predator, which makes the read even more exhilarating. Is Laura disturbed, are the rumours true? Has someone got a vendetta against her, is this simply a misunderstanding or is there something more sinister afoot? It’s an enthralling well plotted psychological thriller, which will keep you guessing until the very last pages. Walker doesn’t disappoint.

4.5 stars! UNPUTDOWNABLE!! This was a fast-paced, tension-filled, edge-of-your-seat thrilling read! I couldn’t flip these pages fast enough! I absolutely love this author’s writing – it pulled me in from page one and kept me fully captivated and intrigued until the very end. The blurb describing this novel doesn’t give much detail: “Twelve hours earlier, she was... Hopeful. Excited. Safe. Now she's gone.” Knowing the caliber of this author’s writing, I knew I would be in for an intense and gripping read, which is exactly what this was. Once again, Wendy Walker, mastered the art of brilliant narration. One of my most favourite books is her debut, “All Is Not Forgotten” which had such unique and clever narration. Although that remains my favourite of her books, this comes in a VERY close second. I loved the characters – my suspicions were bouncing all over the place. The various perspectives flow perfectly, revealing new pieces of this addictive and twisty story that will have you changing your theory more than a few times throughout. The gripping and speedy pace, the vivid characters, the skillful narration, the unwavering tension. It all adds up to one fantastic story that will leave you in high anticipation of what Wendy Walker will come out with next! As you can tell, I highly recommend this incredible novel! This was a Traveling Sister read that we all truly enjoyed! A huge thank you to Jordan at St. Martin’s Press, Wendy Walker and Brenda and Norma for inviting me to be part of this Traveling Sister read!!

I have read two of Wendy Walker's previous books and they were just ok at best. But this one! Wow! She has hit her stride! She has all the elements of a great suspenseful twist-filled story. A woman with a trouble past goes on a date with a man from a dating website and never comes home. Her sister is left to untanlge the leads and find out what has happened. There was a lot of history and back story to process, there were a lot of shady characters who could have been involved. There was a lot to process and think about to try to guess the twists and figure out just what happened. Well done, Wendy Walker!

I was so excited to get an advance copy of this book as I loved the authors previous novels. This one was just as gripping. Very twisty story line and I didn't have a clue what was going on. Loved the alternate chapters from the different points of view. Really good read!

The Night Before by Wendy Walker is not released until May 2019. I have read her previous books and loved them so when I was invited to read this new book super early I jumped at the chance. Going into a book hardly knowing anything about what is going to happen is a fun way to read. The publisher didn't give a lot away but enough to hook me in. I started reading this book at lunch time and finished it in the evening. It just kept calling me to finish it. Not going to give too much away in terms of storyline, just to say if you like psychological thrillers then you need to read this book. The story is told from the point of view of 2 sisters - Laura who is the night before and Rosie who is the next day. We learn so much about this family from the 2 sisters who are remarkably different. It twists so many times that you will not figure it out until the very end. Thank you so much to St Martin's Press and Netgalley for inviting me to read this book so early. Big Wendy Walker fan and this book is fantastic. All opinions are my own and are in no way biased

This was such an addictive and gripping read that I could not put it down! I was glued to his book and read most of the book in one day. I just had to know what was going to happen next. Walker did not disappoint; the action was consistent and the twits and revelations came at the right intervals to keep me on the edge of my seat wanting more! I love that the book blurb does not give a lot of information - just enough to pique the readers interest! This book is cleverly told through both Laura and her sister, Rosie's points of view using differing timelines which are clearly dated and labeled. This was a HUGE plus. I never felt lost and experience no confusion when the timelines jumped around. The book blurb teases the reader with the fact that a woman is missing. I will only tell you that Laura has gone on a date with a man she met on an internet dating site and Rosie, her husband, Joe and their childhood friend, Gabe, become worried when Laura does not show up the next day. I loved that there is never any downtime in this book. The pacing is consistent and adds to the feeling of dread, suspense and mounting anxiety of the characters (and me while reading). I loved how the Author gives bits and pieces about the main character's past throughout the book. I loved that I never knew the entire story, so I was continuously guessing and creating theories. For most of the book, I kept wondering who was reliable, who was unreliable, what is real, what is the truth, is anyone lying, and where is Laura? I love putting on my super sleuth hat while reading! I love when an Author can fool me. I found the storytelling to be clever, extremely well thought out, and riveting. By the time the book concluded, I had experienced so many feelings – anticipation, dread, anxiety, happiness, hope, shock, surprise and although my theories were wrong, the Author tidied everything up so nicely that I was not only happy I was wrong but was thrilled by it. Nothing really came out of left field, one does not really need to suspend disbelief while reading. What you do need to do is find a comfortable reading spot and dive in! This was my first book by Walker, but it will not be my last. Highly recommend! Thank you to St. Marin's Press and NetGalley who provided me with a copy of this book in exchange for an hones review. The thoughts and opinions are my own.

Just as she did with Emma in the Night, Wendy Walker explores the complex relationship between sisters. Laura is the broken sister who moves back in with her sister and brother-in-law after a devastating break-up with her boyfriend. Laura accepts a date with a stranger via an online dating service and then disappears. The story peels back in layers in a way that keeps the reader on edge. Great character development and ongoing tension. Loved it!

I love Wendy Walker's books so I was excited to read this one. Wow! Seriously, it hooks you from the beginning and doesn't let up for one minute. Each chapter I kept thinking, "Wait. Huh?? What just happened?" Secrets, lies, obsession, internet dating...what's not to like? Plot revolves around sisters, Laura and Rosie as Laura is attempting dating life again after being dumped. But of course it's a man she met on a dating website so he's a virtual stranger, and when she goes missing after the date...well, you may think you know where this is going but I assure you that you don't! Prepare to have your head spin!

Wow! This is what suspense is supposed to be like! I could not put this book down. It is a book best gone into with no information. To talk about the plot at all would give away hints and spoilers and I’m not going to do that. I’ll keep everything very vague for that reason. For most of the book I had no idea what actually happened the night before. I’d think I had it figured out but it kept surprising me. The final twist completely shocked me and I would not have guessed what had happened. The last 20% or so was when things started to become clear and it was an absolute nail-biter of an ending. This story features a classic unreliable narrator. No one trusts her completely and she even has serious doubts about herself and her own possible capacity for violence. My opinion of her changed several times throughout the story and I really didn’t know what to make of her until the end. The supporting cast is also quite interesting and I really enjoyed all the reveals through these secondary characters. You never know who to trust and pretty well everyone is suspect in some way. So without any spoilers and without giving away anything I can tell you to pick this one up when it comes out. It’s a long wait but it is worth putting on your “To Be Read” list now. In my opinion it is the most exciting, suspenseful and clever thriller I’ve read this year, maybe even one of the best of all time. It’s super surprising, very smart and one you don’t want to miss! Thank you to St. Martin's Press for providing an Electronic Advance Reader Copy via NetGalley for review.

O.k., before you even think it let me address a few things. First, this is a way-early review based on publication date but really, why wait? Secondly, this is not a final cover. Third, it is a very short description. I know all of these things but I assure you that a cool, intriguing cover is not necessary.  Because the blurb is so short and mysterious, I'm going to try my best to give an adequate review without giving anything away. Basically, a woman named Laura has left New York City and moved to Connecticut to live with her sister Rosie, Rosie's husband Joe, and their toddler-aged son, Mason. Also in the mix is their lifelong best friend, Gabe, one of their "four musketeers." Laura has lived through a horrible tragedy in her past, has recently suffered a bad break-up, and is preparing for a first date with Jonathan. Told from multiple points of view and time periods, The Night Before weaves a twisted, suspenseful, and ever-surprising tale about Laura's past, "the night before," and what really happened.  I first fell in love with Wendy Walker after reading Emma in the Night. I know that I still love and respect this author beyond words can say, but I find myself wondering, "how in the world does a normal person think this stuff up?" I liken this to something from Stephen King in the way that it is a thriller, it's unbelievably suspenseful, at times it's disturbing, but then shocking and surprising yet again, and again. This is one of those novels that you will think, "oh, I've got it," but then something else will be thrown into the mix, again and again, leaving you completely confused about why you had your original thoughts in the first place. At times, every single narrator was unreliable, building incredible suspense and surprise, but also causing me to feel as if I was an unreliable reader! This one is an edge-of-your-seat read that has an enormous psychological element and I feel sure will hold your attention and every breath until you finish it.  *Many thanks to NetGalley, St. Martin's Press, and the author for providing this ARC in exchange for my honest review!

Review by 2shay.......... This is a very strange and gripping story, a story that is a little painful to read and impossible to put down. It took me the better part of the book to like Laura. I didn’t understand her issues at first. As the story unfolded, with segments told in parts, some before and some during the events, it became clear that someone, possibly Laura herself, is crazy. Homicidal, in fact. Laura was raised in a great neighborhood with lots of kids having kid adventures and a lot of fun. Rosie and Laura were best friends with Joe and Gabe. They went everywhere together and were tightly bonded from a young age. The bond was so tight, that eventually Rosie and Joe were married. Rosie and Joe were perfect together while Laura and Gabe went away to college. While still in high school, Laura had been present at the death of a young man she had a crush on. Even though the killer was caught and brought to justice, there were some who never believed that Laura wasn’t responsible. There are many long held secrets revealed as the story progresses. No matter how well you think you know your neighbors, no one really knows what goes on in other lives. Some of those secrets impacted Laura in ways she never understood until recently. It broke my heart. Ms. Walker has written an especially touching story. Tightly plotted, one segment leading seamlessly into the next, she has displayed all the style you expect in a great read. It’s a complex story. Life is complex, with no easy answers to why some get thrown so many curves, like Laura, while others, like Rosie, have a smoother path. And, like Rosie and Laura, the love of family has few boundaries. Grab a copy and..... Enjoy! ARC graciously provided by St. Martin’s Press and NetGalley for an honest and voluntary review.

Oooohhh my! If you’re like me and loved Wendy Walker’s novels, than The Night Before is an absolute MUST READ! This twisty, turny novel will hook you immediately and I promise you won’t be able to function until you finish! I couldn’t get this book off my mind- whether I was washing dishes, food shopping or even watching television (I knew I had to put life on hold and finish when I was daydreaming about this book while watching This Is Us lol)! In true Wendy Walker fashion, the storyline was cleverly written to create the maxium amount of suspense that keeps you turning pages until waaaaay past your bedtime! It’s official, The Night Before is a 2019 favorite for me and a total 5 star read! Wendy Walker is an definitely automatic 1-click author, but even she outdid herself with this gem!

5 plus stars. Unputdownable. While I was trying to figure out what was going on, I admit I hadn't completely had the picture solved and that's not a common thing to happen for me, when I read thrillers. I thought it was intense, loved having multiple points of views, timelines, to hear more of the backstory. It's definitely a puzzle that will keep thriller lovers working their brain into a pile of mush. You don't know whose who and whose the good or bad characters and likely will not until the author gives you the answer the way she wants. A must read. Chilling in many ways! Will let Chapter Chatter Pub know all about it, when it's ready to be promoted to them!

The night before by author Wendy Walker is a MUST READ! It is one of the most tense books I’ve read this year!! I it was fast paced and beyond great! I cannot recommend this book enough! I am planning to write a full review closer to release (May 2019) This is a book you really won’t want to miss. Full of well structured characters and a solid plot. So much thrill and psychological aspects, I was excited and unsure what to expect at first. All I knew was I loved reading “Emma in the Night” and Wendy Walker did not disappoint with her newest novel, The Night Before! Thank you VERY MUCH to the publisher and Netgalley for my arc copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Brilliantly tense thriller. So many secrets need to be uncovered before the finale and how tightly plotted they are. Read it in one hit, totally unputdownable.

Something happened ten years ago that caused Laura to leave her hometown and not return except for an occasional day trip on a holiday. Now after suffering a broken heart she returns to stay with her sister and her sister's family for a while. She finds a date on a dating website and heads out for the evening, but never returns... This book is told through three different points of view - Laura's, her sister Rosie's as she searches for where Laura is, and sessions Laura has with a therapist. All three points of view are at different points in time, but they work really well together. Wendy Walker has done a great job of keeping the different narrators separated, but keeping the story together. This story has lots of twists and turns and leads you in many different directions. The ending was amazing and as you read it, you can think back and see how the story was pointing to it in an indirect sort of way. I did not guess what was going to happen, but I really liked the fact that it wasn't just out of the blue, there were clues I just did not pick up on. Laura is an unreliable narrator, which has been done a lot recently, but The Night Before was different than other books. In only took me a few pages to get sucked in and realize that it wasn't the same old story line again. I highly recommend this page turner!

The Night Before is the latest story from Wendy Walker. Ms Walker is consistent, making this book difficult to put down, as were her previous titles. In The Night Before, the current story takes place in just a couple of days with the past woven in, bringing the reader needed information. I was given an early copy to review.

I received this book "The Night Before" from NetGalley and all opinions expressed are my own. "I don't know....She was just born that way. Born with fists for hands. It's hard to love a girl like that." Laura has felt unloved her whole life and this is her story. This book has to be the best book I have read this year! I loved this book!!! Suspenseful, page turner, did not want to put this book down, words flow smoothly, must read, will keep you guessing, highly recommend!

What a rollercoaster! This book had me on the edge of my seat for most of the read. I was thoroughly satisfied with how the book turned out and how it ended. A well written, suspenseful psychological thriller.

I received an early ARC - reading the premise had me curiously interested. I enjoyed her two previous books, but this one blew me away! WOW!! I highly recommend this book!!! She was hard to love as a child and was told so. So she rejects anything remotely feminine- the color pink, dresses, smiles, ...willing away all "girly" things and her good looks Now, escaping a previous boyfriend who was a manly man, who made it safe to lay down her sword and shield. She had a starving inner child who was hungry for love, for some compassion and understanding I could completely relate to character!! I highly recommend this book!!

This book moves at the speed of lightening. It grabs the reader from the start and the intensity does not let up. Laura is looking for love and turns to online dating, and finds a match in a fortyish year old man who describes himself as being in finance, recently divorced, and who drives an impressive BMW. Laura reaches out to Jonathan and quickly arranges a date. Laura and Jonathan meet, and not all of the things in Jonathan's online dating profile are what he projected in his online profile.The lies begin.....and start to pile on....and then Laura doesn't return home that evening from her date and her sister and brother-in-law begin to worry that Laura's past history of poor decisions is repeating. Will they be able to save her this time...will they be able to find her...what happened to Laura??? The reader is taken on a fast paced ride, with many twists and turns, and just when you think you have this figured out....the ending comes in to pack its final punch!

Hands-down, one of the most suspenseful, heart-racing, and stressful books I’ve read this year. The red herrings had me guessing after every chapter. Most of this book is set over the course of 24 hours, with a conversation between two adults. I found that the author provided just enough, to really keep you guessing. I am a huge fan of Wendy Walker and loved both her previous books. I didn’t see the ending coming! http://posting on social media this week: instagram.com/deebibliophilia

Laura has gone missing after a date with someone she met online. The chapters switch from past to present to help set the tone of the characters and the history involved. The people who care for Laura try to fit the pieces of the puzzle together and figure out what has happened to her. By far, this is the best thriller I have read this year. I have never read anything by the author, Wendy Walker, but I enjoyed the twist and turns of this book. Just when you think you have it figured out, Ms. Walker blows your mind. I was excited to receive an early copy of The Night Before from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I was given the chance to read this book and give it an honest review. Thank You NetGalley for this opportunity. This book kept me interested right from the start. I had a really hard time putting it down when I was supposed to be going to sleep, and finished it as soon as possible the following day. It’s full of suspense and intrigue, and I absolutely love it!!!

Wow, talk about a page turner?? I could not put this book down!! 4.5 twisty stars! This is my third book by this talented author and my favorite so far! Laura goes out on a date, excited and hopeful and then never returns....... “Twelve hours earlier, she was...Hopeful. Excited. Safe. Now she's gone.” Laura was a complicated character and I loved the psychological aspects about her past.. This book was quite suspenseful and had me glued to the pages, very fast paced and well written! I highly recommend to all fans of psychological thrillers and suspense! I cannot wait to see what this author comes up with next! #fan A huge thank you to St. Martins Press and NetGalley for allowing me the opportunity of an advanced readers copy!

Loved the good pace, and twists - oh my! This story is narrated by two sisters where you learn their thoughts about what's happening. Once you know the ending, many pieces fall into place at the same time the characters figure it out and it’s nicely done. I love how not much is given away by the book’s write-up. Once you start reading, you think hmm... and the pages begin to turn quickly. Solid read!

A chilling thriller full of unexpected plot twists and turns readers won't see coming, this is a strong contender for spring best seller lists . I couldn't put it down until I'd figured it out, and that didn't happen until the last Page was turned . Strongly recommend!

I am so impressed with Wendy Walker yet again! I really enjoy the twists and turns she takes as she builds the story. You are going to be guessing pieces through to the end. Highly recommend!

Two sisters with very different lives are brought together in a whole different way when Laura disappears after going on a blind date shortly after moving back in with her sister. Fearing the worst because of Laura's past, Rosie takes the search into her own hands. Alternating between the two sisters from the night before and the present search for the missing woman, Wendy Walker's latest thriller is not to be missed.

Do not start this book unless you have the time to devote to devouring it! And devouring it, was exactly what I did. I was hooked from the very beginning of the first chapter. I voraciously kept reading, delaying other responsibilities “calling my name,” vis a vis, life at hand! I do not want this review to contain any spoilers nor will I write about the plot, as one can glean a synopsis from the book flap or a review online. Wendy Walker is an author now on my radar. Her characters are well developed. The format is interesting and she never lost me. The plot is intriguing and mysterious. Thank you Nethalley and the publisher for the opportunity to read and review this terrific novel.

Wow! What a fast paced novel! "This is why no one loves you. You are damaged and broken and no one ever will.." This is what Laura believes and has thought since she was a young girl. Always angry, always ready for a fight, and not understanding why she felt this way. She always chose the "wrong" people to love, because she felt she was not "worthy" of having anyone who would adore her. BUT... there is a reason for these feelings. This book had me turning the pages at all hours of the day and night to see how it would end and it is just amazing! It's a psychological thriller, mystery, and family story all rolled in to one!

The Night Before by Wendy Walker is a book not to be missed! Laura and Rosie are sisters. Rosie is happily married to Joe, one of their childhood friends. and they have a young son, Laura has struggled most of her life with bad relationships. She has recently ended a relationship, quit a good job because of it, and moved in with Rosie and Joe. Laura decides to go on a date with a man she met online. When she doesn't return, Rosie is sick with worry. Told in alternating chapters from Rosie's viewpoint of the day after and Laura's viewpoint of the night before, details of their past and what happened to Laura are slowly revealed. I love when author's use this technique because it makes for a fast, unputdownable read. I couldn't stop because I had to read just one more chapter...over and over again. Thank you to the publisher and NetGalley for the ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review. DO NOT pass this book by!!

To begin with and certainly to end with Ms Walker's latest novel is a roller coaster. The reader will be pulled into the book, and certainly will not be let go until it is finished. It has everything that a psychologically oriented story should have. Murders, of course, three of them. A woman traumatized by an event in her childhood and unable to come to grips with reality. A possibly cheating husband. And a great friend looking to find sunlight for all his friends. Laura is staying with her sister Rosie temporarily as she attempts to break out of a down mood that has haunted her for many years. While staying there she is persuaded to go out on a date obtained via a dating site after a bad episode with one man. Laura goes, and apparently disappears - yes out of sight with no contact and the man she dated is apparently a professional Casanova. Rosie and Jim her husband, begin looking for Laura even getting the police involved. While Ms Walker guides us through the search and utilizes thoughts and actions of the individual characters she also provides plenty of ammunition for the reader to constantly change theories about what is happening and what will happen. The guiding of the reader's opinion is very well handled making the finale almost a relief to reach. The ending is logical and completely in sync with the actions of all protagonists in the story. A book to sit back and thoroughly enjoy in one sitting.

OMG this story was sooooo good!! I loved the flashbacks, the back and forth between the sisters, the twist and turns. Great beginning and even greater ending. Highly recommend!!

Ingenious, enthralling, & brisk! When Brenda and I got the opportunity to do an early group read for Wendy Walker’s new book with our Traveling Sisters we were absolutely thrilled. Wendy Walker has quite a few fans in our Traveling Sisters group including myself. If I were to give you one piece of advice while reading this book would be to put all your other books aside so you can totally be immersed in this tale. This book needs to be read without any interruptions and quickly because the intensity level is all in the execution here and to even let it go for a few hours loses that appeal of needing to know what the heck is going on. Now I wouldn’t necessarily say that you actually need to do that but boy do I ever wish that life didn’t get in the way of this book! THE NIGHT BEFORE by WENDY WALKER is an intense, thrilling, suspenseful and compulsive psychological thriller novel that was quite the entertaining and enjoyable read for me. I was actually quite stunned and very impressed in the end with how well a seemingly straightforward story turned into something that was so much more complex and felt nothing but new and original. WENDY WALKER delivers an intriguing, clever and engaging read here with quite a few surprising twists and turns. The story is told in multiple timelines with alternating points of view between two sisters, Laura and Rosie and therapy sessions between Laura and her therapist. The intensity level of the story increases slowly as the story progresses and had me guessing and questioning almost everything that was happening in this book. I absolutely love that feeling of not knowing where a story is headed and when the reveal brings everything together in the end it is just so satisfying to me. What really made this novel for me was Laura’s character and the ending. She was a complicated, relatable, believable and realistic character. I did have a suspicion early on about one of the reveals, but having guessed that did not take away any of the shocking reveals in the end. I was genuinely impressed with how emotionally attached I got to Laura’s character and the ending for me was absolutely beautiful and very touching. Expected Publication Date: May 14th, 2019 Norma’s Stats: Cover: I just noticed the cover for this book and it immediately grabbed my attention! My first thought was WOW what an absolutely gorgeous and striking cover, very eye-catching and an impactful design! What a GREAT cover! Title: Intriguing, suspenseful, and a simple, but yet an impactful title which represented the story very well. Writing/Prose: Well-written, mysterious, gripping, stirring and effective. Plot: Complex, suspenseful, twisty, action-packed, compelling, fast-paced, held my attention and entertaining. Ending: Shocking, pleasing, impressive, and I was completely satisfied. Overall: Even though I lost a little of the momentum to the story with having to put it aside it definitely did not take away how appealing and brilliant this story was. I devoured every single word! Would highly recommend! Thank you so much to NetGalley, Wendy Walker and St. Martin’s Press for the opportunity to read a free, electronic ARC of this novel in exchange for a review.

Besides the great characters, for me, this worked so well because of the pacing of the book. I was absolutely hooked until the end. It kept me guessing and interested and had believable dialogue. Loved the ending! :)

The Night Before by Wendy Walker was a really fun suspense novel. I did something I don’t normally do and kind of went in blind for this one. I knew the genre, but nothing more. The beginning of the book caught my attention right away, but I found myself hoping for more around the middle point. I thought this to be like so many books I’ve read before. While I was enjoying it, in my head, I’d already figured out the ending. I kept reading anyway and was pleasantly surprised to learn that I was wrong. So very wrong! There was a twist or two that I didn’t see coming and it made the book so much more exciting for me! I really enjoyed that this book was broken down into two time frames: The night before and present day. This made it really easy to follow and made for a fun, fast-paced read. It wasn’t confusing and flowed so nicely. Thank you to NetGalley and St. Martin’s Press for the advanced copy of this book. All opinions are my own.

This book! Wendy Walker has definitely made her mark with this thriller. This is the third thriller I've read by Walker, and it wasn't until this novel that I can say I am a definite fan of hers. Wow. Split between the night before and the day after, between Laura and her sister Rosie. This story doesn't only twist and turn, but causes a reader to question what they thought they knew. I found myself flipping back and forth in who I thought was to blame and even when I thought I had it figured out, another twist threw me. For fans of suspense, this is a must.

Ooh, this was good! I couldn't turn the pages fast enough. I wanted the book to just end already because I couldn't stand not knowing what happened to Laura. This is told from Laura's point of view and also from Rosie's point of view while she's worrying and looking for her sister. Both sisters' stories are weaved together so well that you don't miss a beat. This book is full of suspense and twists and ugh, did I mention how good it was?! I was pleasantly surprised at a few things.. I thought I had it all figured out but I was wrong. Loved the characters and the depth of this whole book.

Read this book in a day. Fast paced, great story and twists the actually surprised me! I feel like I can guess almost all the twists these days. Characters were interesting and it again made Wendy Walker a favorite in this genre.

The Night Before is a book you won't put down. There are twists and turns you may not see coming. This is a thriller that everyone should read. Wendy Walker is a fabulous author.

This book is about the complications between sisters and how far we will go for the ones we love. There are many times throughout when I thought I had everything all figured out. To my delight, I was wrong. I don't want to ruin this for anyone. I would advise going into this book blind and trusting that Wendy Walker knows what she's doing. An actual thriller that is well written and well characterized. I enjoyed the style of telling the book from the night of and also the night before.

Twelve hours earlier, she was... Hopeful. Excited. Safe. Now she's gone. We've all heard the saying, "don't judge a book by it's cover", this is one book that is a prime example of this saying! Very exciting and thrilling book with alternating points of view, which I liked. The writing is excellent. Wendy Walker uses such beautifully descriptive words that just pulls you in to the story. An absolute must read! Thank you # NetGalley for this ARC of #TheNightBefore by Wendy Walker! Pub Date: 14 May 2019

An outstanding book! It hooked me within the first few pages! I continued my quest for answers, right alongside the other characters. Right up until the last pages I was kept guessing! Thank you to NetGalley for providing me this advanced copy!

Wow, this was really a page turner! Everyone seems to be telling the truth, then everyone seems to lying. Just what was going on??? So much fun to have my predictions proved false over and over again. Seriously - very, very enjoyable!

WOW! Ok so this book deff has a "The Girl On The Train" feel to it and that drew me in. I will admit I got very frustrated with Laura and Rosie at some pointes, but overall I loved it. This book is in two diff POV's Laura and one that is narrated, by who, we don't know. The writing is done wonderfully. The book is slow paced at first and towards the end, it likes you can't read it fast enough. Because it gets that good! Its filled with twists and turns and just when you think you have it all figured out, BOOM plot twists. I would deff recommend this book to a friend or family member because its that good!

I liked this one a lot better than I did Walker's Emma in the Night. Here we follow two sisters as they tell us what happened the night before. All we know is that years ago something happened in the woods that left a boy dead. Some think that Laura had something to do with that even though someone else was accused of the crime. In the present, Laura is trying to move on with her life after a bad break-up. So she meets someone online and decides to go on a date. When she doesn't come home, her sister Rosie is concerned. Rosie sets out to find out what happened to her sister. As we follow Rosie's progress, we get snippets of what went on that night with Laura. There are secrets, always! Those will start coming to the surface because lies and deceit can never be buried too long. I enjoyed this, it was highly addictive and I almost had it finished in one sitting. I never knew what was going to happen and who was actually telling the truth. It was very well-written and I highly recommend:) *Thank you to the publisher and Netgalley for an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Laura Lochner moves back to town after a devastating break up with her boyfriend. This is one of many failed relationships for Laura. Moving back to Deer Hill Lane stirs up plenty of emotions in Laura. You see, her boyfriend Mitch was murdered there and she was at the scene. Laura moves in with her sister Rose and her husband Joe. They have the perfect marriage, or do they? It seems like Laura and Joe are pretty tight. Staying up late into the night after Rose goes to bed. Friends since childhood, is Joe just being a shoulder to cry on? Laura signs up for a dating service findlove.com. She meets up one night with a charming older guy Jonathan Fields. Laura seems to be drawn into self destructive relationships that never work out. Is that why she is attracted to Jonathan? Is it because his story seems riddled with untruths? Laura never comes home from the date....the end...just kidding but that is the end of my summary. You will have to read the rest for yourself! I read this book with a group of my Traveling Sisters. The general consensus was that we loved it! I have never read a Wendy Walker book before and I loved her writing style. I flew through this book in less than a day. The unique and interesting thing about this book is the way the author leads you on. I literally had no clue as to how this would pan out. All my predictions at the half way point of this book were 100% wrong! If you want a book that will hold your interest, make you change your mind half a dozen times and still be wrong- this is the book for you! Thank you so much to Wendy Walker, St. Martin's Press and Netgalley for this fantastic ARC. 6 likes

The Night Before by Wendy Walker has very little information out about it. I mean, just looking at the 5 lines that are the synopsis tells you only that a girl is missing and we don't know why. With so little information going into this one, I wasn't sure what to expect - but I knew that I was immediately intrigued. Well, let me tell you - what follows is a twisting, layered and complicated story that in the end not only threw me for a loop but I genuinely enjoyed the ride to get there. "...Laura had been hard to love, the little girl with fists for hands. With rage inside her. But maybe they had created that rage-all of them. She knew this now, having her own child. How easy it was to damage them with nothing more than words. Or indifference." Laura Lochner has a sordid past, a sordid present and a seemingly sordid future. She's not your typical protagonist in a mystery / thriller who has a seemingly perfect life she decides out of no where to implode. No, Laura has been dubbed impossibly difficult to love from birth. Laura's difficulty finding and feeling love becomes the foundation of who she will become as an adult. She's constantly searching to belong, to be wanted and cared for in spite of her own failings and this leads her to be attracted to all the wrong men. We're given snippets of Laura's past here as well, having been found holding a bat over the bloodied, dead body of her first love. What we don't know - is what happened, if she had anything to do with it and who the real culprit might have been. As we're given little pieces of Laura's past, we see her present unfolding from her perspective as well as her sister Rosie's. It gets a bit complicated as Rosie is living out the present day, searching for Laura who after moving home and going on a date has gone missing, and Laura's perspective of her date the night before. However, despite having all of these shifting timelines, Walker did a phenomenal job of developing all the story lines. "I see Mitch and remember the swirling together of warm, lusty bliss and red-hot rage. Danger waking me from the illusion of safety. Fight-or-flight instinct taking over. My hands in fists at my sides, but a smile on my face because I knew how to win that fight. Or, at least, I thought I did." Laura is absolutely your unreliable narrator trope and while I don't generally have a problem with it, I do sometimes feel it's mishandled. However, The Night Before was a masterclass in the unreliable narrator. Laura was still a layered, complex and genuinely likable character that I think anyone who has struggled with self esteem issues would find something to connect to. The secondary characters left a little to be desired by way of development but I still felt like they were solid and based in reality instead of being too far-fetched. "Laura Lochner, men don't love you in spite of everything you give them because you are unloveable." All in all my take away from this was a really quick and fun read. While there were some things I saw coming from the get go, there was a lot I absolutely couldn't have guessed. Past that, even though I knew some of the outcome it didn't detract from the shock factor or how enjoyable the read was. I think Walker crafted a really fun little thriller here and anyone who enjoys the genre would do well to pick it up!

This book had me at page 1. Laura is getting ready for a blind date. She lives with her sister, her brother-in-law and nephew, moving in there recently after a bad break up. Laura has had a hard time. When she was younger she was involved in mysterious incident where here boyfriend ended up dead and a homeless man charged with his murder. Never was it clear what actually happened. The current story picks up fast with Laura not returning from her date, her sister Rosie worrying and trying to track her down with the help of her husband Ben and their best friend Gabe. The story moves quickly and there are many plot twists that kept me completely intrigued. The less said the better but the story is suspenseful & exciting and the twists surprising. Definitely worth reading!

If you are a fan of psychological thrillers, you will want to put The Night Before on your to-be-read or pre-order list for next Spring. St. Martin’s Press sent out some teaser advanced reading copies with very little description and got me hook, line, and sinker. I don’t want to give away too much of the plot too early, but you can expect twists and turns and lots of the psychological part of psychological thrillers. While I am most excited about the Anonymous Girl psychological thriller coming out in January, The Night Before is one to look out for as well.

Fantastic psychological thriller! I was fully engrossed from start to finish. This is my first Wendy Walker novel, but I believe I have Emma in the Night, so I’m thinking I might want to check that one out now too!

This is one of the best thrillers that I have read in a while. The story follows sisters Laura and Rosie, Laura has just moved back to the small town that she grew up in with Rosie. Rosie has never left and is now married to her childhood best friend and they have a son. Laura goes on a date with a man she's met online after fleeing from her life in New York. This book was so engaging and it had me guessing the whole time. There were plot twist that made me gasp and the resolution was very satisfying. I highly recommend this domestic thriller.

The Night Before is a great upcoming new thriller by Wendy Walker. I had read, and loved, Emma in the Night so I knew I had to grab this one before I even read the description. It took me a little bit to get into initially, but once I did, I devoured it. I had to know what happened to Laura and who was involved. Laura was accused of a horrible crime when she was young, and she just can’t seem to shake it. Has it all caught up to her, or is she even the victim? If you’re looking for an unputdownable thriller that will keep you up all night guessing, this is the one.

Call me crazy, BUT "All is Not Forgotten", Wendy walker's first novel, was a 4 star read. I gave "Emma in the Night 5 stars because it was THAT awesome. BUT her third novel knocks it out of the park!!! Obviously Wendy Walker just gets better!! Sister drama! LOVE it! No spoilers. just READ IT!!! Thank you #NetGalley for the ARC!

Excellent book. Very satisfying to read and absorb yourself I to the story. The characters are stro g and well de developed. I just wanted to read and read to see what happened at the end . Highly recommend it.

The childhood traumas, that Wendy Walker brings to light in TheNight Before, is horrific and mind shattering for one of her of her characters. I almost immediately became involved so emotionally with Laura, that I cried a couple of times due to her distress. This is enthralling!

Laura can't seem to forgive herself for the death of her boyfriend back in high school. She was found clutching the bloody bat, with blood all over her clothes. She doesn't think she killed him. Now she has left everything behind and moved in with her sister, Rosie. Rosie's husband and their baby son. She has to get her life together. Thank goodness for her sister, and brother in law and her best friend, Gabe. They were always together, the four of them growing up. Joe and Rosie married each other. Gabe married someone named Melissa. Now they are together again. Finding a match on a web site can be challenging. You never know if they are really who they say they are. Laura decides to take a change. With her sister, Joe and Gabe by her side, she feels she can accomplish anything. Thank goodness for family and for best friends. This is a terrific read. I didn't want it to end. And, what an ending! Great characters, incredible storyline. A definite must-read!

Wow. This book amped up really fast for me and maybe it’s the two huge cups of coffee I’ve had today, but I just finished this book and my heart is pounding. It was so layered and twisty. A couple of things I figured out, but several I totally did not see coming. **Thank you #NetGalley for this ARC in return for my honest review. Great #thriller.

I'm not usually into mystery or suspense. I read this one because I loved Emma in the Night, and it was recommended to me. I do have to say that I was very caught up in the story, did not predict where it was going, and definitely was surprised quite a bit. I'd definitely recommend this to people who love mystery (or Wendy Walker); I was anxious as I sped through the story and definitely got caught up in the book. I read this one quickly so I could find out what happened.

I will read ANYTHING Wendy Walker writes... And I think I've read EVERYTHING she's published! Even her women's fiction from years ago. So... I might be a bit biased bc I think she's a truly gifted storyteller. There's a sharpness to her stories—a really keen eye for detail and brilliant bids of wisdom that makes me devour her books even as I want to savor them. The Night Before is no different- I wanted to immerse myself in the story but I couldn't help myself from racing through each page. I am not surprised at all that Wendy Walker has written yet another fabulous novel—and I am so grateful to have read it early!! Thank you!!!

Trouble follows Laura. Her past is so haunted, she has to change her last name. She second-guesses everything about her life, everything except for her lifelong friendships with her sister, her sister's husband, and their other close friend, Gabe. Rosie, Laura's sister, is nothing like her. She has a stable life, a good marriage, and a young son she dotes on. But Rosie is very worried about Laura. Laura's about to go out on a date after a fresh start, and while it should be innocuous, Rosie is afraid that it won't be. Laura's relationships have a tendency to end in bloodshed ... This is an exciting, twisty thriller shifting between Laura's POV during the date itself, and Rosie in the aftermath. It's almost immediately clear that something terrible has happened, but the readers are left to scramble for clues with Rosie, while Laura plumbs the depth of her past. There are shockers at the very end of the book, ones I had no idea were coming! My only problem with this book is that there is too much going on. I don't want to spoil the plot for anyone, but there is an explanation for why a character is acting a certain (suspicious) way, and that explanation could easily provide material for a whole new book. It's a BIG deal. But here, it's thrown in as fodder, just another distraction. I also wanted to feel more of a connection to the characters, especially the supporting ones. More importantly, I wanted to see how Laura and her band of friends behave around each other in non-traumatic times. There's a lot about everyone running around, trying to unravel the mystery of what has happened, but I think the real gems would be revealed in everyday interactions with each other. Thank you to Netgalley and St. Martin's Press for an arc.

A special thank you to NetGalley and St. Martin's Press for an ARC in exchange for an honest review. The night before...and the nightmare after. Even though Rosie and Laura are sisters, they are complete opposites. Rosie is happily married and stable whereas Laura is single and trying to break free from her troubled past. Laura is getting ready for a blind date, not entirely sure if she's going to go through with it. She's intrigued by the man's photo and the exchanges they've had so far have been easy and enjoyable so she decides to give it a shot. Only Laura doesn't come home from the date. As Rosie searches for her sister, the past comes knocking and her greatest fears are validated. Is it Laura that's the danger, or is it the stranger? Is she even still alive? Told in alternating perspectives and with dual timelines—the night before and the day after—The Night Before is a fast-paced, taut thriller about loyalty, love, and desire that boarders on obsession. Walker ratchets the tension over the course of the narrative. Her pace is spot on and the dual timelines are the perfect vehicle to execute the story. Her writing is hypnotic, and the plot is just twisty enough to keep your turning the pages like mad. I polished this off in two sittings, staying up way too late, but I literally could not put it down. It's been a while since I have been gripped by such a compulsive read. The alternating perspectives were incredibly effective. Walker utilizes this technique to reveal a little at a time, not only working the reader into a frenzy, but building on the momentum. What was most impressive was how Walker made this book feel completely original. It was sharp, clever, and utterly captivating.

Wendy Walker wrote Emma in the Night and All Is Not Forgotten, both were fantastic! The Night Before is her new book, coming this spring. This story will have you turning pages quickly, especially as the plot heats up during the last half of the book. I did NOT expect the twist! While I liked the story in the beginning, towards the end, I couldn’t stand the suspense and almost had to read the end before it was even over! I held off though, I did keep reading faster and faster and stayed up past my bedtime a few nights in a row. I liked how the author alternated points of view and I always enjoy a character who is a little unreliable with some secrets. SYNOPSIS: Rosie and Laura are as different as two sisters can be. One is stable and has a perfect family. The other struggles to break free from her troubled past. When Laura disappears after going on a blind date, Rosie takes matters into her own hands. But as Rosie begins to search for her sister, her greatest fears come to the surface. Could Laura be more of a danger than the stranger she meets or is the night before her last night alive? Told in dual timelines—the night before and the day after—The Night Before is a riveting thriller about family loyalty, obsession, and what happens when the desire for love spins out of control. Due out in May 2019

4.5 STARS ~ Full review closer to publication! All the tension and tidbits of hidden secrets kept me invested in the story line and wanting to know more about Laura. Told in Before and After Timelines, the past secrets sprinkle out as the story unfolds. When I hit the last stretch, there was no slowing down…. I had to finish! Never saw that end coming!

Okay, so I've met Wendy Walker and she is lovely. Nothing at all like the dark, damaged characters she writes about, damaged from the horrific acts which form the basis for her stories. The Night Before is classic Walker - two sisters, one of them carrying all sorts of baggage and secrets, plopped into a disaster that may or may not be of her own making. The structure is brilliant, bouncing between before and after, each chapter narrated by the other sister and building steadily to a whopper of an ending. Push this one to the top of your TBR pile, you won't be sorry!

This is a read-in-one-sitting type of book. I think to set it aside for even a short time could ruin the tautness and unease Wendy Walker has masterfully created in this story. I feel like I white-knuckled my way through this book like an addict needing a fix. I ate an entire bag of M&Ms, and I don't mean a single serving bag, I mean the giant bag with the red and green Christmas colors. So now not only do I have a headache caused by the tension in my neck, I'm pretty sure I'm heading for a diabetic coma. This could have easily been a 5 star book for me had the ending been less cluttered. After enjoying a gradual escalation of foreboding anxiety, I found myself jarringly thrown into a rushed and muddled ending. I don't know why this is a trend with thrillers as it ruins so many potentially exceptional novels. I much rather my finales like I enjoy my M&Ms, slow and deliberate until I feel like I might explode before I get to the end. I received an ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

The Night Before was a compulsive suspense novel that was easy to breeze through in a single sitting. The book kept me surprised and entertained throughout.

Wow! Just wow! Extremely fast paced thriller. The story of friends who grew up together and are forever linked by a chilling murder of ones boyfriend. If you enjoyed Wendy Walker’s previous books you will love this one. Dark, twisty roller coaster ride of a book that you will not soon forget.

I was given this book by Netgalley for an honest review - Friends that played together - but do you every really know each other? Then grown up - Laura goes on a blind date and disappears. Rosie , her sister searches for her and worries that Laura is in danger or maybe she is the danger after childhood trumas are remembered. This was a great red and an ending I wouldn't have guessed.

The Night Before is a fast paced thriller that I couldn’t put down! Wendy Walker always keeps you guessing and this new book was no exception. I loved the relationship between Laura and Rosie. They couldn’t be more different but the sibling intuition was super strong. Lots of twists and a great ending!

**I read this book 2 weeks ago and have sort of forgotten a few things** I did enjoy reading this book. It was fast paced but not like it was rushing through the stories. I like how the alternating perspectives worked together to tell the story. A great quick twisty and turn book.

Wow! A heart-pounding what will happen next Suspense! My heart is still pounding! It does not get into the; I cannot put down this book until about one-third of the way through! However, once it does, it plays with what you believe happened, and what is in reality happening! I highly recommend! Thank you Netgalley! carolintallahassee

I just loved this book! I think it is now my absolute favorite! The author's characterization skills are phenomenal. She has the knack of being able to make her characters very realistic. No cookie-cutter characters here. They are not all sweet and full of fluff. No there are some mean ones, some very stubborn ones, some pathetically clueless ones, as well as strong and forthright ones. This just makes the conflict in the story that much more real, which, in turn, makes the resolution of the conflict Thank you Netgalley for letting me read it

Thank you for the advanced copy of this book. My reviews can be found on my GoodReads page at https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1335387-kelly.

Thank you so much for this ARC! Wow, fabulous! In the past, I tried to read Emma In The Night but couldn't get into it. That was certainly not the case for The Night Before. This book grabbed and held my attention instantly. I loved the writing and how the story was told by both Laura and Rosie. The description is soooo vague, but do yourself a favor and read this book. You will certainly be surprised, I know I was!

Laura has had trouble connecting with men since her high school boyfriend died under clouded circumstances. Her last breakup sends her back home to her older sister's family. She never seemed good enough for her parents, but her sister, Rosie, always took care of her. Her online date takes a bad then when she disappears the next day. Rosie, her husband Joe and Gabe begin a search. The story flips between Rosie and Laura. One helps to set up and explain the other. I had a rough idea of who was guilty about three quarters through. I was thrown off a few times. It took awhile for all the pieces to be put together. It added to the suspense. It will keep you guessing. It will stop and turn you around while you think What?. Definitely, a good read.

Thank you to NetGalley for the advance reader copy of this book!! I have to say, I thought for sure I had it all figured out half way through - Boy was I wrong! The synopsis of the book was very vague - this book is so much more than that. I was drawn in and didn't put it down. The writing is well done, and is very easy to get involved in. I read it in 2 days and am so glad I did. I think it helped with the tension of the novel by not stopping. Definitely a must read!

Wow. Wendy walker knocked this thriller right out of the park. I read this within 2 days, I could not put it down. The style of writing was on point. I especially loved how she went back and forth between before and after. I never saw the ending coming at all. At first I was thinking Joe (Rosie's husband) was the one who kidnapped Laura. Then I was thinking someone from their past found out Laura was back in Bramston, never gave Gabe a second thought. Fantastic book, this will do very well.

Tense thriller unputdownable .Drew me right in as in Emma In The Night did another of the authors books that kept me guessing it revolves around two sisters. ,Will not give anything away raced through the pages Highly recommend,#netgalley #st.Martins.

This was an interesting read but a bit confusing and all over the place. It was good, but I can’t rave about it. Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for an honest review. 3.5/5 stars

This was d