Book Love

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 01 Jan 2019

As a book lover, I really enjoyed this book. It was totally relatable, some of the comics made me laugh and some made me think of how much I love books and how they have really been a comfort these past few years. Although I think book lovers with more access to physical books might appreciate it more than those who mostly have access to  ebooks and audiobooks, im sure all book lovers will enjoy this book.
Cute. Something I would gift to a young reader. I really enjoyed the pictures, but wasn’t what I thought it would be.
This is a very cute and relatable book. I could relate to almost every little comic. I loved the artwork, especially when we got a full page artwork (the ones with few words). Those were really pretty.

I did not care how lightly the subject of suicide was taken; like the punchline to a joke. It seemed insensitive and really out of the blue. Someone who might be triggered by it would not expect it in a book like this.

I wish it had more of a connected storyline, but overall, I enjoyed it.
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I love the artist and follow her on Instagram so I may be bias. I just love finding other book nerds. I love that the artist can convey the way many book nerds and introverts feel about books.
Title: Book Love

Author: Debbie Tung

Genre: Nonfiction, Graphic, Teens, Bookworms, Art, Comic, Books

Plot: The love of books has fueled an entire industry for centuries but more importantly, it has fueled the imaginations of readers all over the world. Books inspire us, connect us to complete strangers, provide conversation starters, distract us, inform us and force us to expand our horizons and consider other worldviews and whole worlds. Books comfort us when we are feeling blue or in need of some companionship in a lonely point of our lives. Books can be our shelter or the diving board of life. And you are never too old or too young to pick up a book and dive in.

Through her beautifully drawn artwork, Debbie Tung visually captures what it means to be a book lover, to value reading real books in a digital world and what the definition of book love really is. This is one book that every book lover should have on their shelves.

Likes/Dislikes: I told my husband he has to buy me a copy of this book and he said, "You want a book about reading books?" I enthusiastically said yes and shoved it in his face to look at but he was more amused than interested. Fingers crossed that I get a new book for Mother's Day. In the meantime, this book is perfect. The size is adorable and very travel friendly, the artwork is beautiful while still being accessible to non-artistic people like me and it exactly captures what every reader goes through. Plus, it smells amazing! You have to buy this book!

Rating: G-all ages. Highly recommended

Date Review Written: March 25th, 2019

I received a copy of this book from Netgalley, lost that digital copy and found it at my library. I wasn't required to write a positive review and the opinions expressed in the above review are my own.
RATING: 4.5 STARS
(Review Not on Blog)

LOVED this comic on the love of reading and books.  Any, every, book addict will understand the scenarios that Tung depicts.  I could find myself nodding and smiling to myself as I read through.  I highly recommend this to any book lovers out there!

***I received an eARC from NETGALLEY***
I saw a page from Quiet Girl in a Noisy World in one of my groups on social media and it made me laugh, so I decided to check out Ms. Tung’s Book Love and I am unbelievably glad that I did! I absolutely loved this book of comics — it was beyond wonderful to read and I truly enjoyed every minute of it! Every thought and feeling I’ve had about books, Debbie Tung managed to capture perfectly. If you’re a bookworm, every page of this book will have you nodding and laughing because you feel that exact same way as the girl in the comic or you will do the things that she does. Book Love made me feel so happy and warm inside, it made me love and appreciate books and reading even more and feel so connected to the author. I can’t wait to see what Debbie Tung comes up with next!

~ A Hopeless Romantic's Booklandia, 5 Stars
This is the cutest book ever! Every book lover should have a copy of this on their shelves. Not only is it the most relatable thing that you will read, but the graphics are spot on.

This book is for all of those who read the book before the movie, who cannot pass up a book sale, who walk in to buy one and walk out with 10. Each graphic is unique, all telling a different part of being a book lover. From the passion you may have towards a book, to the defensive nature of not wanting to lend them out, Debbie Tung has covered it all.

This book had me laughing with how relatable it was, even tying in bookstagram into a few of the images.

Even if graphics are not your preferred genre, you will definitely want to check this book out. It is a super quick read, but it will have you referring back to it, letting you know that all book lovers are alike in one way or another.
Book Love by Debbie Tung is a charming collection of comics from the prospective of a book lover. Fans of her first collection, Quiet Girl in a Noisy World, will find much to enjoy here - Tung's art is sweet and light, and her reflections are easily relatable to those of us who live in a world of books!
A book full of black and white illustrations that depict the varied aspects of the love of books. What an excellent  gift book, for the book lover , the librarian, the bookseller, any reader at all.  The sentiments are simple but well illustrated.  Debbie Tung is talented and expressive.
 I received my copy through NetGalley and am under no obligation to the publisher.
Great book for bookworms! I plan to buy a hard copy for myself. It also would make an excellent gift for a fellow bookworm.
Debbie Tung reminds every reader why they enjoy reading in this collection of books all connected with reading in one fashion or another. A fun, quick read!
This book was pure joy for a bookworm like myself. The comics really got to the nerve of how a book lover feels, how we act, and what we do to keep our bookish lives interesting. Looking forward to more from Debbie Tung!
How to review 130-odd pages of sweet cartoon drawings, on the subject of being a true bibliophile? Urm, it’s really good! :)
Simple drawings, many truisms about being a book lover. There is nothing not to love about this book. It’s cute more than funny – although some of the bookish situations are so true to (my) life that they did make me laugh – but that’s more than fine. This is a huge warm cosy blanket of a book that says “I’m a bookdragon, too, let’s bond over our love of books.” Not crime novels or fantasy books, but the sheer pleasure of reading.
‘Bookworms rejoice! These charming comics capture exactly what it feels like to be head-over-heels for hardcovers. And paperbacks! And ebooks! And bookstores! And libraries!

Book Love is a gift book of comics tailor-made for tea-sipping, spine-sniffing, book-hoarding bibliophiles. Debbie Tung’s comics are humorous and instantly recognizable—making readers laugh while precisely conveying the thoughts and habits of book nerds. Book Love is the ideal gift to let a book lover know they’re understood and appreciated.’

This. So much this. Debbie Tung's Book Love speaks to my soul. It's like the author has been spying on my (admittedly boring) life! It's clear she's an avid bibliophile herself. This book was an awesome reminder that we book-lovers are not alone, even when it feels like no one around us understands. I loved that she sketched out myriad amazing books others might enjoy. They were so varied, there's sure to be something for everyone. I made a reading challenge using these panels.

One sketch is about how to get more reading done, and a panel included keeping a list of books you've read. Such a great idea! I've done this since 1993, and going back over the list is a great mnemonic tool. I can pull up a wealth of memories by scanning the list. A perfect gift for the bibliophile in your life!

***Many thanks to Netgalley/ Andrews McMeel for providing an ecopy in exchange for a fair and honest review.
I LOVE this book! A sweet simple ode to book love! I will be recommending this to all my introverted and book-lover friends!
This was wonderful!
The drawings were quirky, charming and very relatable. Page after page, I could see myself in Debbie's portrayal of bibliophiles.
Thank you Netgalley and Andrews McMeel Publishing for giving me an ARC in exchange for an honest review. I enjoyed every moment of this comic goodness!
Do you feel the weight of the world lift off your shoulders the moment you walk into a bookstore? Is removing persistent sticker residue off of your brand new books one of the banes of your existence? Have you ever used an e-reader as a bookmark? This book is for you! Debbie Tung captures the joys and dilemmas of book lovers everywhere with her adorable, cozy comics.

Book Love is a great gift for any book lover in your life. I also enjoyed Tung’s other graphic novel Quiet Girl in a Noisy World: An Introvert's Story. You can view Debbie Tung's artwork at her blog Where's My Bubble, website, and Instagram.

______________
I received this book for free from Netgalley and Andrews McMeel Publishing. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review. It’s available now.
I enjoyed this book. I read it in one sitting and bought it for my library! I thought it was very cute.
What a fun and cozy read! I LOVE Book Love by Debbie Tung. Told through mini-comics, this is a love story about books. Have you had to choose between buying food or books? Have you complained about how many books you own but haven't read and then proceed to buy 10 more books? Do you love all things bookstores and libraries? There are how-to tips on creating a perfect reading nook as well as some beautifully illustrated covers of the author's most beloved books. With adorable drawings, laugh out loud moments, and all things books, Book Love  is a must read for any bibliophile.