Cover Image: A Quick & Easy Guide to Queer & Trans Identities

A Quick & Easy Guide to Queer & Trans Identities

This was a very colorful book that explained a lot of terms and what they meant. It tracks snails as they learn about human sexuality with some random animal comic thrown in.  Overall it didn't give me much more information that I already knew; it doesn't get very deep and doesn't go much past titles other than with asexuality.  I think this would be fun and educational for terms but not for truly understand the ideas and seeing the humanity that goes with those ideas.
This was adorable and engaging without being preachy. The drawings were supercute - I don't even like snails usually (although perfect choice of creature for the subject matter due to them being hermaphroditic and asexual as well as sexual!) I knew a lot of the material covered but I learned some new stuff as well. Very well done.
This is informative, quirky and fun. It's a clever way to inform about gender and sexual identities. I also love the illustrations, the colors, the characters and all of it. The way it's structured, with clear questions and a new chapter for every subject is also good. Love how it's honest and very careful to assure that every bit of the spectrum and everything around it is perfectly normal and the most important thing is to love yourself.

Thank you so much Netgalley and Oni Press for the opportunity to read this ARC.

/ Denise
I didn't really find this book to be easy to follow and it was kind of cheesy and weird and not sure of the demographic it was trying to reach? I thought it would be a cute way of explaining it but instead I ended up just being kind of lost in the imagery and confused unfortunately.
This is an adorably  illustrated guide to identity.  The information is clear (even as it is delivered by the cute snails and sproutlings) . "There's no right or wrong way to be gay, straight, male, female or whatever you are.  Don't put yourself in another box.  You just came out of one!"

Questions to provoke thought, such as "Do you have friends/family members who will support you?" were appreciated. From asexuality to gaslighting to relationship aspects, things are explained in a clear, and as the title says, easy manner.  The difference between gender and sexuality is also clearly defined.

I thought this book was very well done, especially for teens.
I was very excited to read this book, but the eARC provided did not paginate in the correct order. Further, there was a problem where there was a white bar halfway through the page on every single page. I read the previous book in this series and am very excited to read this book, but disappointed to be unable to.
Interesting and useful, and something that should be widely available and used as a resource for younger people unsure of themselves or others.
I did not enjoy this book. I felt like the book was not very good at explaining the information in a way that is easily understandable.
I was very interested in this book, because I have to admit that I lack some information on the subject. I'd like to be, and I'm far from bigoted (so is most of my closer environment), but the LGBTQ+ community here is way more closed up here than in e.g. the U.S. I know there are people that make their life harder everywhere in the world, but here it's very much a taboo. Mostly people simply don't talk about it at all. Sure, gay, lesbian, trans are all part of the everyday language people use, and most of them are more or less aware of the meaning of these terms, but for example gender fluidity and more complicated stuff are something most people here I think don't understand, many don't even know it exists. What I want to say is that the awareness here is basically non-existant (unless your a student from a bigger city or spend half your life on the internet).

That being said, I think it's time to talk about the book itself. I wanted to get some information in an easy, understandable way, and it succeeded at that. I was reading about a lot of things I already knew, some that I had known of but never fully understood. It was quick and fun learning. I have to admit, though, that I'm not sure which age group this book is aimed at. It's actually recommended to anyone interested in or influenced by the subject, but I'm not sure I agree with that. It's a very sweet and easily understandable beginner's guide, but I ended up with more questions than I had at the start by the time I finished. It raises interest, emphasizes accepting, empathy and understanding, it explains some basic things. However, the proportions are a bit off in my opinion. A huge part of the book consists of general advice on having and maintaining a healthy relationship, which is awesome, but it was 1. only relatable to very young, inexperienced people, and 2. not at all specific to LGBTQIA+ people.

The illustrations were cute, I loved the snails and 'sproutlings', though in general I think it would've been alright with people. They were lovely, though. The rose/pink predominant coloring bothered me a bit, not only because I myself don't really like that color, but also because it felt like too one-sided. The book is about how colorful and amazingly different people are - I think something more colorful, a whole illustration in different colors, a world of rainbow would've been a better match.
A very easy yet comprehensive book that helps understanding the variety of sexual orientation and gender choices available nowadays. It helps especially if you want to address and approach them properly, including as a writer or journalist. I've found the visual pastel presentation a bit too much, but otherwise, the idea to express such complicated issues visually is a good one.
Wowow can you believe it? Another book I loved just before 2018 is over! I sure am glad!

This was a wonderful book and the title says it all to be honest, no need to further explain.

The drawings of cute little snails made this an enjoyable and quick ride and even though I knew most of it already it's nice to have everything together in one book. You hear so many explanations on the internet that all seem to slightly differ from each other and to be honest, this graphic novel really did seem to capture it all.

I absolutely loved the colour schemes throughout the book and the drawings put a smile on my face.

I especially loved this sentence in the outtro that was written for loved ones of people who might identify as queer (or lgbtq+) that said: "Just be ready to learn, unlearn and learn some more."
Which honestly describes everything perfectly.

(Also I read this one in one sitting as I could not put it down and did not want to take a break in between reading it.)
Honestly, I like to consider myself pretty knowledgable about the LGBTQ+ communities but this still taught me a lot. Nonbinary folks are definitely the area I knew the least about and now I feel like I know more. I also learned a lot about Asexuality! Highly recommend this if you're curious to know more about the queer community. I also think this should be in every library and classroom!
A book that library and schools must have. It's a very informative read about Queer and Trans Identities. Especially it accompanies by beautiful illustrations. Highly recommended if you are interested in this topic :)
Two stars for tone and quality of information given. However, contrary it seems to most reviewers, I actively disliked the style in which this comic presents said information.
This was fine. It was informative, enjoyable but wasn't the best thing I ever read. There was a lot of stuff that I already knew. but despite that, I can definitely see myself giving this book to someone who wants to understand more about queer and trans identities.
I'd love to properly review this but the file I got was completely out of order. It rendered it unreadable. The artwork, however, is really good and the pages I could piece together were good. My library is definitely going to buy this and I'll get to actually read it then.
This is the perfect book for any teen (or adult, for that matter) that needs a primer in understanding the diverse identities that fall under the Queer/Trans umbrella.  The information is handled in an easy-to-understand way and is engaging, quite the feat for non-fiction.  It doesn't come across as preachy as some books can.  Definitely a default buy for our library.
Very informative, and the art is gorgeous. A Quick & Easy Guide to They/Them Pronouns has been one of my store's best sellers, so I was looking forward to this book, and it did not disappoint. This book is guaranteed to be a hit at my stores.
This was a very educating read. I did not really enjoy the illustration (it just wasn't my thing) but I loved how informative the comic was and how easily accessible and understandable that information was.
This was very unique and insightful. It kept my attention and i appreciated the fact tgat there were still some things i didn't know and learned from this book. Plus the style of the book was a nice change of pace.