Cover Image: The Rosie Result

The Rosie Result

Unfortunately, I did not have the opportunity to read/review this book due to other commitments.  I will certainly update this review if/when I have the chance to read the book.  Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for the advance copy.
I loved this book. It is the final chapter of The Rosie Project. This last book in the series was the best. We caught up with the lives of Don and Rosie, seeing how they've developed and structured their lives together. There's a lot to take from it. We can learn about being different, from both sides. It offers empathy and entertainment. Thoroughly recommend the whole series, especially this book.
A great follow up to a fun, fresh series. While this book was definitely not as good as the first one, I still enjoyed reading it. Anyone who loved the first book should read this one just to see what happens next!
Give me Don Tillman any day! Yes, book 2 was exasperating, but my love for Don has not waned. Don continues to put his foot in it, but this time it costs him his job. Rosie and he are now raising their son Hudson, who is showing signs that he may have Asperger's Syndrome. As Hudson's school pushes for a diagnosis, Don is forced to reflect about his own personality. A lot happens in this book and this review is already starting to read like a summary. Pick it up and judge for yourself. I hope you are not disappointed.
I really loved this--the whole series is wonderful and I'm sad to see it end. Graeme's character development is lovely and the plot moves along. His writing reminds me a little of Nick Hornby, but more relatable and easier to read.
3 formulaic stars

This is the third Rosie book I’ve read by Graeme Simsion. Everything was pretty much as I anticipated. Sometimes that’s good, sometimes, I’d like some surprises.  The narrator with autism, Don, is amusing, but predictable. He can get annoying. “I shook her hand, matching the light pressure that I knew to anticipate from most females and trying to suppress the thought that we were facilitating virus transmission.”

Simsion does a good job bringing various aspects of autism to light as Don and Rosie conduct the Hudson Project for their son. The school wants a diagnosis of autism for this quirky kid so they can get more aid. In the end, Hudson says, “What I learned… is that autistic people shouldn’t have to do all the changing, and my goal is to make the world a better place for people who are different.”

As expected, no spoiler alert, the end is full of formulaic Feel Good. A little comfort in our unpredictable world is OK.

Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for providing an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.
2.5 stars.

A disappointing conclusion to this unique and quirky series.

I read and loved the first two books in this series a few years ago.  I remember laughing out loud while reading, smiling while following Don’s eccentric journey and feeling truly invested in the characters and storyline.  Unfortunately, none of that happened for me in this third instalment.  I’m not sure if it is because my reading tastes have changed over the years or this story wasn’t as quirky and fun as the previous two books or this simply didn’t live up to my expectations.  It was nice to get back into these characters’ lives but the story left me feeling underwhelmed.

There have been many fantastic reviews, so please make sure to read those as I am definitely the outlier.  I stand by my high recommendation of the first two books in this series which were terrific!

Thank you to NetGalley and my lovely local library for providing me with a copy of this novel.
This is the final book in the Don Tillman series. I absolutely loved the first book and enjoyed the second as well. This one was pretty good as well.

I had already connected with both Don and Rosie in the previous books and still love their characters. We get more insight into Don this time around, but as in the previous book, don't get as much insight into Rosie. There is less focus on their relationship in this book, focusing more on their son Hudson.

Hudson takes very much after his father, though has his own personality. He's bright and likeable, in many ways a typical kid.

Many of the characters from previous books appear again, and new characters have been introduced. The most notable character is Hudson's best friend Blanche, who is battling her own identity issues.

The book touches on some relevant topics and explores autism, albinism, racism, and traditional medicine vs homeopathy through a unique lens.

If you have read and enjoyed the first two books in the series, I definitely recommend picking this one up as well. If you haven't read the first two books, what are you waiting for? The Rosie Project remains one of my favorite books!

Disclaimer: I received an eARC of this book through Net Galley and the publisher {Text Publishing} in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
The Rosie Result is the third book in the Don Tillman trilogy by best-selling Australian author and playwright, Graeme Simsion. But for job applications and performance reviews, life is virtually perfect for Don, Rosie and young Hudson in New York. A mere eight months later, a job-related return to Melbourne has unsettled Hudson, now eleven, and Don rates this the most severe of the five problems that he has identified as affecting his overall contentment. It needs some drastic action, and Don has learned from experience to present the solution to Rosie before implementing it, but Rosie has always considered problem-solving as one of Don’s strengths.

While this third installment could stand alone, there are many references to characters and events from the first two novels, so readers new to Don and Rosie ought to begin their enjoyment with The Rosie Project. Hugely entertaining but also thought-provoking: a wonderful read.
This book is charming, heartwarming, quirky and quite funny what else could you want in a book?  A perfect ending for this beautifully written quirky trilogy.  This book takes place ten years since we last visited these characters and now Hudson, Don’s son, is a ten year old who is having similar issues in school, with social interactions and following strict routines as Don himself had had at that age. Don tries to parent him and creates ‘The Hudson Project’ with his own experiences in mind, thus in a way completing a full circle.

Thanks to NetGalley for the free ARC for my honest opinions.
Don and Rosie have returned to Australia with their son Hudson. The school Hudson attends continues to call Don & Rosie in for meetings to discuss problems the boy is having. The school’s solution is to get Hudson diagnosed as autistic. Don understands only too well the difficulties of fitting in at school; he has had problems all his life. But he and his wife are not sure they want the label to be affixed to their son.

Don’s solution is to quit his job so he can spend more time on what he calls: The Hudson Project. He is hoping that spending more time with his son will help Hudson. He rationalizes that with his help, his son might avoid some of the pitfalls Don himself encountered growing up.

What is special about this book is the question of labeling children, for good or bad. It’s about allowing for inclusiveness, for acceptance, for allowing children to be themselves rather than a cookie cutter student. It raises interesting issues.

Back, once again, are the always interesting Don and his family and eclectic friends. Though not filled with as many humorous incidents as some of the earlier novels, this will satisfy lovers of the series. It does drag a tad with the Hudson Project, but one can’ t help but fall in love with Hudson and his own set of peculiarities.
3.75*
I've been a big fan of the Rosie series since early 2015 when I read The Rosie Project and laughed so hard at Don Tillman's antics. It's rare that a book can make me actually laugh out loud but this series does just that ... over and over and over. There's just something about the way Don sees the world ... it's that awkward funny, like Michael Scott or Larry David. I just love it and I love his family and all of the characters Graeme has created. I was so unbelievably happy during the first two books and my heart soured with joy when I saw that we would get a third instalment.

Don and Rosie's 11-year-old son Hudson is having trouble fitting in. Since Don also experienced similar social issues, he decides to embark on The Hudson Project to help his son learn how to fit in. It's hilarious, it's heartwarming, and it's the perfect end to the trilogy. The only thing wrong with this book is that it's the last one in this trilogy so my time with Don Tillman has come to and end (until I reread the series).

Note: An egalley was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.
The Don Tillman series is just good, and this one certainly did not disappoint. We rejoin Don when he son is older and is struggling to come to terms with whether or not he is on the spectrum as we watch Don finally realize that he might be on the spectrum too. I thought that the author handled the story and the topic very well.

I would highly recommend this series if you haven't read it.
This is the last book in the series and I enjoyed this installment very much.  In The Rosie Result, we find Don Tillman parenting his 11-year-old-son, Hudson, in his unique way.  Although there were funny moments, the way Don and Rosie dealt with their son, who might be the autism spectrum, was eye opening.  There were a lot of diverse characters in this book that made for a compelling storyline.

Thank you Netgalley for an advance reader copy.
Better than the second book in this series I do think it is time to put these characters to rest. The unwillingness to recognize the child's problems was terribly disappointing since both parents are knowledgeable about the spectrum. I was disappointed in them. I found the book to be more of the same and hoped that the grown ups would have stepped up. But then there would have been no book!
The Rosie Result follows the events of the first two books, The Rosie Project & The Rosie Effect. I had high hopes for this book and really wanted to love it but it kind of fell flat for me. Don't get me wrong, I liked that the story shifted to The Hudson Project (Don & Rosie's son) but often felt that the context made Hudson out to be more of a teenager rather than an eleven year old. At times I felt more like I was reading about a sixteen your old. I also found the ending extremely rushed, it felt as though everything was just crammed in to finish it and didn't flow.

I did however have a few laughs, one in particular being Dons thirteenth wedding anniversary gift to Rosie, high quality running shoes with laces. Haha! -Since lace is gifted on the thirteenth year. That was funny and very much true to Dons character.

Overall it was just an ok read for me. But as usual, I'm in the minority. :)

Thank you to Text Publishing and Netgalley for my review copy.
While not as amazing as the very first book in this series, I enjoyed the opportunity to catch up with familiar characters in this latest installment. I still love reading about Rosie and Don's relationship, and the addition of their son was interesting too.
The Rosie Result by Graeme Simsion is the 3rd book in a series featuring geneticist Don Tillman who has one of the most interesting "voices" I've come across while reading.  In this book, Don, Rosie, and their now grown up son Hudson have returned to Melbourne.  The transition from New York to Australia does not go smoothly.  To help the situation, Don decides to take a year off from work in order to devote himself to the Hudson Project which involves trying to find ways to help his son fit in better at school.  In typical Don Tillman fashion, Don’s solutions don’t always go as planned especially when Hudson has a few of his own ideas for fitting in at school.
     This book featured a large cast of characters who interact with Don and his family along the way.  I wish I had read the other two books in the series more recently to remember some of the characters’ back stories better and how these characters know Don.   So, if you are reading this review and haven’t read the first two books yet, I think it would be a wise idea to start at book one and read the books in quick succession.
     As an educator, I liked how the author addressed the different issues related to autism and how students with autism could be accommodated or treated in different aspects of life.  I have witnessed different levels of support for students with autism as well as interacted with parents or guardians who have very different views about what they feel is best for their child who has autism.  It’s not a one size fits all situation when it comes to dealing with students or adults with autism, so I thought the final message that the author gives on this topic to be quite well versed.
     Overall, I thought the book to be clever, funny, entertaining, and worth reading.  Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for giving me the opportunity to read The Rosie Result.  All thoughts expressed in this review are my honest opinions of the book.
Three stars. I loved The Rosie Project, and while I enjoyed many things about this book, it struggles a bit to reclaim the magic of the original. I love the ingenuity of some of the dialogue, but I’m not sure the humor is as overt as I remember from The Rosie Project. Don (and now Hudson) are compelling characters, and I’m glad the focus was on them in this book (Rosie feels very much relegated to a side character).  However, sometimes this book felt disjointed, and I often had trouble following the dialogue. Enjoyable, but I likely won’t pick it up again.
I have been a true fan of Don Tillman and was thrilled when a third installment to the series was coming out.  The honest, no nonsense mind of Don is absolutely refreshing and eye opening.  Each of the first two books taught be important lessons on not judging someone on first impressions.

In The Rosie Result Don gets to test all of the lessons he learned about social situations and queues that others may develop intuitively on his son.  A fine line was drawn between Don and his son, Hudson, and their similarities.  Don made it a priority that Hudson did not have issues assimilating to the outside world in ways that he, himself, did at the same age.

Whether it was intentional or not, this book taught me to not give up and get frustrated.  I will admit, The Rosie Result took me a long time to get through. Much longer than expected and obviously anticipated.  Graeme Simsion gave this book a personality much similar to Don and Hudson's.  I had a hard time following the writing pattern at times and it took me way too long to realize that I needed to approach this story as if I was communicating with a human with patience and understanding.  Like I said, I have no idea if this approach was intentional, but the connection certainly struck home with me and put it on a whole other level of understanding the uniqueness of the human mind.