The New 500 Low-Carb Recipes

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 19 Feb 2019

If you are looking for a cookbook with low carb recipes this is a good find. Even if you aren't reducing carb intake there are some delicious recipes in this cookbook for everyone. You'll find some detailed informational chapters then recipes including main dishes, desserts and more -- but I think there are more main dishes than anything. You'll also find nutrition information included for each recipe, which is good for those of you looking for low carb recipes.
If you’re looking to reduce the carbs you eat this is the perfect book to help you along your way. Containing 500 recipes I’m sure there will be a few that become firm favourites.
A very basic cookbook with simple, easy to read instructions and ingredients - the layout of the recipes was the best part about the book. I was a little surprised to see a recipe about hotdogs and eggs (personally my kids wouldn't eat it) and the use of american processed cheese (Velveeta) in another recipe. Overall, there are a good amount of solid low-carb recipes that would appeal to just about anyone.
I have the first edition of Ms Carpender's Low Carb recipe book. I wondered how she'd top that - I use it constantly.
Well, glad to be able to say that this book of recipes is great, it has some oft he old tried and true recipes, but oh so many new ones! The variety of recipes and ideas are sure to please and the progressive layout is intelligent . I WISH THERE WERE PHOTOS of the finished products, at least one or two per section,  that would have made this a five star book for me.
As it is, I will gladly add this book to my collection.
I read my copy through NetGalley under no obligation.
The New 500 Low-Carb Recipes is a handy reference for individuals looking to start or maintain a low carb way of eating. I like that the book includes a variety of recipes without any overly complicated instructions or hard to find ingredients. However, this book would be greatly enhanced if it included photos of the recipes. I like to know what a recipe is expected to look like. Otherwise, this is a good book to include in your low carb library.
An easy to read, low-carb cookbook, easy and great recipes!

Many thanks to NetGalley, the publisher, and the author for my ARC. All opinions are my own.
Thanks to Netgalley for my copy.

This book is full of information on products to eats and what to avoid on a low carb diet. Easy to follow recipes and instructions. As a visual cook though I would appreciate photos alongside the recipes
Fair Winds Press and NetGalley provided me with an electronic copy of The New 500 Low-Carb Recipes: 500 Updated Recipes for Doing Low-Carb Better and More Deliciously.  I was under no obligation to review this book and my opinion is freely given.

This cookbook includes every type of recipe that readers will need to be successful in regards to low-carb eating.  The New 500 Low-Carb Recipes is divided into logical sections such as Hors D-oeuvres, Snacks, and Party Nibbles; Eggs and Dairy; Breads, Muffins, Cereals, and Other Grainy Things; Hot Vegetable Dishes; Side Dish Salads; Chicken and Turkey; Fish; Beef; Pork and Lamb; Main Dish Salads; Soups; Condiments, Seasonings, and Sauces; and Cookies, Cakes, and Other Sweets.

The author is very candid in the introduction, telling readers why the cookbook was conceived and the reasoning behind different recipes.  I like how honest Dana Carpender is, giving readers recipes with a wide range of carbohydrate counts because there are many reasons for people needing or wanting lower carbs.  The cookbook has variety, which is key for a successful lifestyle change such as low-carb eating.  Not making any claims as to anyone's success but her own, this approach is refreshing and often missing from diet based cookbooks.  The New 500 Low-Carb Recipes doubles as reference material, as the author goes through different types of ingredients, some of which may be unfamiliar to readers.

Many of the recipes are simple, with many varieties of similar dishes.  The biggest problem that I had with The New 500 Low-Carb Recipes was the lack of visual references to the finished dishes.  There were simply too many recipes and no photos to break up the monotony.  This is not a cookbook that I would use with any regularity because of this, so I would be hesitant to recommend it to other readers.
I’m always looking for good lower carb recipes to try, and this was The New 500 Low-Carb Recipes by Dana Carpender. I received a copy to review through NetGalley. There were tons of great options for recipes in this book. I made Lemon Pepper Chicken and Gravy. It got a rating of ‘very good’ from my husband, which is pretty rare, and it’s so easy that it will definitely be a recipe I make over and over again. I chose to serve it over rice, which isn’t very low carb, but it would also be delicious with cauliflower rice as suggested in the book.
I'm so looking forward to trying most of the recipes in The New 500 Low-Carb Recipes book. I recently decided to try to cut down on carbs and a lot of these recipes are going to be what gets me through. While this book does not have pictures, it is easy to navigate and has wonderful information. I suggest this to anyone looking to cut down on carbs.

Thanks to netgalley for this free book in exchange for these honest thoughts.
This book really has 500 recipes, not that I was counting. But it features a lot of staple simple recipes and I am really grateful for that. It also has a lot of theory on low-carb which is great for people interested in lowering their carb intake.

I did wish for pictures though, but that's just me and what I like in my cookbooks.
I was provided with a complimentary copy of this book so I could give an honest review.

Since I am hypoglycemic, I am always looking for new low-carb recipes. The New 500 Low-Carb Recipes: 500 Updated Recipes for Doing Low-Carb Better and More Deliciously by Dana Carpender was just the book I was looking for. There were several recipes that I wanted to try immediately.  Some of them include: Skillet Chicken Florentine, Lo-Carl Clam Chowder, Polynesian Pork, Country Sausage Skillet Supper, Teriyaki Steak, Green Bean Spaghetti, Skillet Stroganoff, Ellen's Noodleless Lasagne, Parmesan Shrimp, Cheese Grits, and Shrimp Alfredo. I tried to narrow it down to my favorite 5 recipes but I struggled narrowing down to just 10.

My favorite is "Joe". It is a one-dish skillet supper with ground chuck, frozen spinach, onions, garlic, and eggs.

I do not enjoy cooking but I do it. I prefer someone else to cook for me or to go out to eat. However, these recipes were easy enough for me to make and do not use a lot of ingredients.  They also often use normal, every-day ingredients you would have in your house. I found that to be extremely helpful because I really do not like when I have to buy an ingredient that I would probably not use again.

Review published on Philomathinphila.com, Smashbomb, Goodreads, Facebook, Twitter, Amazon, and Barnes and Noble on 2/23/19.
Dana Carpender’s newly revised cookbook, The New 500 Low-Carb Recipes, is an excellent book for anyone who is concerned about the amount of carbs in their diet.  The layout of the book is logical and well-conceived, the recipes are appealing and there is a wide variety.  Furthermore, the recipes are well-written and easy to follow and there some introductory chapters that offer explanations about ingredients as well as general information about nutrition.

I would recommend this cookbook to anyone who is interested in low-carb cooking.

Many thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for providing a copy of this book for review.
I have tried a few of the recipes so far and have found the recipes to be simple and they taste great! I love this cookbook!
I received a copy of this book via NetGalley and Fair Winds Press for an honest review.
Any cookbook that has lovely tasty Low carb food recipes and I will love it and use it to feed the family horde. This wonderful book is filled to the brim with so many tasty and healthy recipes that are suitable to many different diets. So many people are on Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Dairy Free diets etc it is very hard to cater for all and in this cookbook many of the recipes aid the reader in this dilemma.  I seem to be serving more and more vegetables and less meat to the hungry horde and the many different vegetable recipes are very helpful in solving the daily prob;em in how to make the meals just that bit more different and also enjoyable especially when it comes to the dreaded Brussel Sprout and the much loved 'Spinach" and 'Broccoli'. As for the desserts I loved the Chocolate Cheesecake recipe as it sounds just wonderful for a sometimes for a special treat dessert. I can highly recommend this book.
I received a copy of this book from Netgalley for an honest review.

I read the author's other book "500 Ketogenic Recipes" and I thought that one was better.  "The New 500 Low-Carb Recipes" has good things in it too but she omits a lot of the recipes I liked in the "500 Ketogenic Recipes".
 Also, she still feels it is not necessary to include pictures in her cookbooks and still likes to lecture readers on dessert.
I received an Advanced Reader Copy from Fair Winds Press and Netgalley for my unbiased opinion of the book.  I really loved this book!!! I loved the simple easy to follow recipes and all the helpful insights and the caloric breakdown for each recipe.  I just wish there were more pictures.  Anyone looking a good way to cut carbs in their diet this is the book to do it.  I am cooking my way through this book and enjoying every minute of it!
Quite a comprehensive collection of low-carb recipes. The only negative comment I can make is that there were no photographs. Otherwise, all of the recipes looked delicious and full of flavor. There was a wide variety of recipes and certainly something to suit all tastes!

Thank you, Fair Winds Press and NetGalley!
You are looking at over 300 pages. With the font size, there are at least two recipes per page - so that can be good or bad depending on the reader. A varying mix of 2 to 5 steps and a few ingredients to a lot. Does give icons of whether it is keto, gluten free, grain free, and/or dairy-free, which can be helpful.
Some new recipes.  A lot of old tried and trues.  This would probably be super helpful for someone new to the low-carb scene.  While there are a few new options, I'm not sure I would recommend it to someone who has been doing this type of diet for a while.