True You

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 06 Mar 2019

A sweet and heartfelt book about being seen and feeling heard. I relaxed and read this book in one nite. It's so nice to hear insights from a thoughtful, successful woman that didn't make me feel rushed or judged. I really liked her emphasis on self-awareness and how to keep moving forward no matter what the circumstances. her stories are very relatable and I felt like she was speaking directly to me.

This is a great book to give to your friends who feel like they are never quite good enough. Susan's voice can soothe your weary soul.
True You written by Susan J.Sohn, is a journey through different women’s life experiences that will leave you with peace and hope for the future. Through powerful, gut-wrenching, emotional testimonies women have shared, you will end this book knowing you are not alone. Because of they were raw about their life experiences, feelings, and emotions this book was able to be written. Their vulnerability has brought an opportunity for healing throughout every single page. There are various topics and situations covered from their heart to yours.

I personally related to many women throughout the chapters of this book. It is a book to meditate on, apply, and can bring healing if your heart is open. I really appreciated how at the end of each chapter Susan lists suggestions and questions to help you apply what you have read. There were a few scriptural references here and there. But, Susan’s heart and love for empowering and encouraging women shines throughout the entire book. At certain points during the book, I felt the book was hard to read due to the fact that I had not been through what they had been through. However, I know heart and soul was put into this book. I wish I would have read this when I was battling mental illness and dealing with abuse. It would have brought me so much more peace back then to know I was not alone!

Overall, I give this book a 4 out of 5. I believe that many people who pick up this book and use what Susan has given them will experience freedom and love like never before. I recommend True You to anyone who may be struggling with self-worth, depression, anxiety or may be feeling like they are alone. I also recommend this book to women who desire to be all God has called them to be. Each testimony is packed with true experiences from women like you and me.

A big thank you to the author Susan for putting her heart and soul into each and every page and changing the lives of each women behind each story. I also want to thank Broadstreet Publishing for giving me the opportunity to review this book!

“They triumphed over him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony;…”-Revelation 12:11 NIV
I was unable to put this book  down. It gripped my heart,  There were times when reading  it felt  like the author  had taken my journal and copied word for word what I'd written. I have been challenged by who I am, how to deal with disappointment  & finding  my voice. I was on a quiet  retreat  with God when I picked up this book to read & know  he will continue to lead me through what I've learnt.