True You

Finding Beauty in Authenticity

Pub Date 04 Dec 2018 | Archive Date 06 Mar 2019

Talking about this book? Use #TrueYou #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Your story matters.

After hundreds of honest conversations with women from around the world, Susan Sohn has come to understand the pressure women feel to maintain false, glamorized portrayals of themselves. Shame, guilt, and the burden of keeping up with the Jones is blinding women from seeing themselves as God does.

Susan dares to begin a dialogue that matters—one that addresses the unique challenges twenty-first-century women face. True You applies her insight and encourages you to:

•Reject the harmful lies society tells you and the lies you’ve told yourself.

•Connect and celebrate with women on the same journey to authenticity.

•Embrace pain and vulnerability as you learn to walk in truth.

•Get out of your own way and allow freedom to become reality.

•Know who you are in Christ.

Once we allow ourselves to be seen, known, and loved—just as we are—we become free to be who God created us to be. Find the true you and lead a life of authenticity.

Your story matters.

EDITION Paperback

Send To Kindle (PDF)

A sweet and heartfelt book about being seen and feeling heard. I relaxed and read this book in one nite. It's so nice to hear insights from a thoughtful, successful woman that didn't make me feel rushed or judged. I really liked her emphasis on self-awareness and how to keep moving forward no matter what the circumstances. her stories are very relatable and I felt like she was speaking directly to me. This is a great book to give to your friends who feel like they are never quite good enough. Susan's voice can soothe your weary soul.

True You written by Susan J.Sohn, is a journey through different women’s life experiences that will leave you with peace and hope for the future. Through powerful, gut-wrenching, emotional testimonies women have shared, you will end this book knowing you are not alone. Because of they were raw about their life experiences, feelings, and emotions this book was able to be written. Their vulnerability has brought an opportunity for healing throughout every single page. There are various topics and situations covered from their heart to yours. I personally related to many women throughout the chapters of this book. It is a book to meditate on, apply, and can bring healing if your heart is open. I really appreciated how at the end of each chapter Susan lists suggestions and questions to help you apply what you have read. There were a few scriptural references here and there. But, Susan’s heart and love for empowering and encouraging women shines throughout the entire book. At certain points during the book, I felt the book was hard to read due to the fact that I had not been through what they had been through. However, I know heart and soul was put into this book. I wish I would have read this when I was battling mental illness and dealing with abuse. It would have brought me so much more peace back then to know I was not alone! Overall, I give this book a 4 out of 5. I believe that many people who pick up this book and use what Susan has given them will experience freedom and love like never before. I recommend True You to anyone who may be struggling with self-worth, depression, anxiety or may be feeling like they are alone. I also recommend this book to women who desire to be all God has called them to be. Each testimony is packed with true experiences from women like you and me. A big thank you to the author Susan for putting her heart and soul into each and every page and changing the lives of each women behind each story. I also want to thank Broadstreet Publishing for giving me the opportunity to review this book! “They triumphed over him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony;…”-Revelation 12:11 NIV

I was unable to put this book down. It gripped my heart, There were times when reading it felt like the author had taken my journal and copied word for word what I'd written. I have been challenged by who I am, how to deal with disappointment & finding my voice. I was on a quiet retreat with God when I picked up this book to read & know he will continue to lead me through what I've learnt.