Cover Image: The First Mistake

The First Mistake

Oh this is the perfect summer thriller! This book will definitely keep you guessing and when you think you’ve figured it out , guess what? The author just jumbles it all up. This is a great fun entertaining psychological thriller.
The First Mistake is a fast read--and that's because everyone and everything in it will be familiar if you've ever read a thriller. There was nothing wrong with it. There just wasn't anything we havent seen before.
Alice has moved through the death of her first husband.  She has a new husband and a wonderful best friend who she trusts completely.  When her husband start acting strangely, she of course turns to her best friend.  Maybe that was the wrong move......
I never could get into this one. It may be great but it just wasn’t ever for me.someone else I sure to enjoy this book but unfortunately it never grabbed my attention. I started reading romance books and was never able to dive fully into this one
Ouch! This was a highly entertaining domestic thriller with plenty of twists and turns! I was open mouth quite a bit, feeling sorry for Alice. I think..lol….
I received a copy of the book from NetGalley in exchange for a fair and honest review.
I had a really hard time getting into this one but I powered through. It got better but it wasn't the most original work or the best I've read by this author.
A wild ride that is told in a Big Little Lies meets The Woman in the Window manner. This book had me gripped from the get go and is a fast-paced read. I’m eager to read more from Jones.
Thank you to Netgalley, the publisher and the author, for an ARC of this book, in exchange for an honest review.
The synopsis of this book sounded intriguing to me so I requested a copy to read.
Unfortunately, I have tried reading this book on 2 separate occasions and during this 2nd attempt, I have
decided to stop reading this book
and state that this book just wasn't for me.
Slow burn of a domestic suspense novel.  Trustworthy characters turn suspicious throughout the entire novel.  Bits and pieces of the story are slowly revealed to the reader, leading up to a bang of a finish.  Great poolside summer thriller.
Thank you netgalley, the publisher and author.
You will enjoy this novel from the very beginning.
I love thrillers and this one fit me to a tee.
Full of twists and turns.
Recommend
Wow! This one had me hooked from the first page! Lots of twists and turns! And the ending will blow your mind!
First, a humble apology- I reviewed this book on Goodreads right after I read it and didn’t post here! Did you love “The Other Woman” by Sandie Jones? This one was even better!! I was provided an advanced copy of this book in return for a review and spreading the word! I didn’t want to put this book down. Told from two different sides of the story, it keeps you guessing til the end with some amazing plot twists. I didn’t anticipate reading Beth’s story in the second part of the book and was kind of anxious to be over with, but in the third section of the book I realized that Beth’s story was integral for the end of the book to make sense. Sandie Jones has blown me away twice and I think I will definitely be reading every books she writes!
The premise of the book is great and the author really delivers. Great read. Highly recommended.                       .
I requested this one because I loved the author's first book, The Other Woman. When I started reading this one though it didn't hook me like her first book, so I did not finish it. Thank you for the opportunity.
Wow!!! This book is everything!!! Great storyline, great writing. The book flows so smoothly building up to the ending that will blow you away. Highly recommended. Thanks to NetGalley, the author and the publisher for the ARC of this book in return for my honest review. Receiving the book in this manner had no bearing on my review.
Thank you NetGalley and publishers for an ARC.

If you loved The Other Woman, this is the perfect fit. Jones does an incredible job with character development and narrating different POVs well! I loved this storyline and the suspense it brought as well.

I tend to be a guesser when it comes to Suspense/Thriller novels. I'm always looking for clues and really get engulfed in the storyline. Although with The First Mistake, I found myself more taking sides of the story and feeling invested in the characters as well.

Jones is an incredible author and this is the perfect rainy day read or summer time suspense!
This book was everything I needed right now.

A twisty quick read that sucked me in during the first chapter. I really enjoyed the story! Even when I thought I had predicted the twist, one I didn’t see coming came and got me in the end!

I would suggest this book.

I received an ARC from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review
I absolutely devoured Sandie's first book, The Other Woman, and I really enjoyed how it was a twist on what the 'other woman' usually is. When I picked this one up, I expected the same un-put-down-able-ness that I experienced with The Other Woman. While The First Mistake was good, it wasn't as compelling as her first book. Sometimes that happens with an author's second book, especially when the first one was so wildly successful (and her debut was picked by Reese Witherspoon for her book club, which is a tough act to follow!) I will definitely give Sandie's books another shot -- like I said, there wasn't anything wrong with this book, it just didn't have that same pull that her first book did. A solid three stars.
Thank you Netgalley for the opportunity to preview The First Mistake by Sandie Jones.
This is a solid novel that will keep you engrossed till the end.
Jones; writing style is spot on and takes you on a woman's journey that ends with a bang.
4 stars.
What an amazing story, full of twists and turns. I thought I knew what was going on and then there I was, confused again. I didn't know what was the truth and what was a lie. All of the characters in this dramatic tale were ones that I both loved and hated simultaneously. I wasn't sure who my sympathies should be with.

This is probably one of the best psychological thrillers that I have read this year, and honestly I have read quite a few. This one will keep you guessing to the very end and have you shaking your head that that ending.