Light of Darkness

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 15 Oct 2019

I loved this story! Kyle was a fun, relateable protagonist. I'm looking forward to more books in he series. There is so much that can be done with these characters. I'd recommend this for fans of Legion and The Prophecy.
This is high fantasy as far as I'm concerned. Great read! I loved the beginning. I really liked the idea of a Demon General being given a second chance! The world-building was great. It's a marvelous world of light and dark. Shadow is a marvelous character... he's the reason I was hooked into the book so quickly.!

The beginning reads like a different novel from the description! I admit that I went back to the description a few times to check and make sure I was reading the correct book! It all makes sense in the end...but maybe a different description?
Even though I liked the synopsis this book failed to keep my attention and it fell flat.
Not my cup of tea.
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinions are mine.
NetGalley sent me a digital copy of this book in exchange for a honest review.

The overall plot was unique and the beginning setup was something I have never seen before. Unfortunately, I found this uniqueness to be a bit confusing in the beginning and kept checking back to the summary of the plot to make sure I was reading the right story. After finishing the book I understood why the beginning of it was set up the way it was, but while reading the first five chapters, I found them to be confusing and a little rushed. The character in the beginning would jump through time by the decades, which made me feel as if I was reading the second book in the series as, as opposed to the first.
       Although I never felt that ‘hook’ that I need to get into a book, I know people who would enjoy this story after it is published. The plot just wasn’t for me.