Hype Yourself

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: Not set

I LOVED this book! Must-read for any publicist in the business. It is a treasure trove of information.
Hype Yourself is a very useful guide for those who run a small business, whether that's a retail store or you're an indie author. The book flows easily, presents good ideas, and is written in a very easy to understand style that stays away from excessive jargon.

Thank you to the publisher and NetGalley for providing an ARC. This review contains my honest, unbiased opinion.
Special thanks to Netgalley & the publisher for a digital ARC of this book!

Anyone running their own business, or considering it, should snag a copy of this book before launching. So often, I see businesses - or friends turning their side hustles into businesses, forgetting to do one simple thing: HYPE THEMSELVES. And not by inviting their Facebook friends to like their page, or putting them in a godforsaken Facebook group they can't escape and didn't ask for - by using the tools they might not realize they have in order to get the job done.

From PR basics to creating and maintaining your media toolkit, this book has clear, concise ways for businesses to succeed in today's landscape of never-ending barrage of new fads and companies to pay attention to. As a marketing professional, I learned a few things I plan on putting into action in my current practices. Well done!
I needed this book in my life right now! It's an easy to understand guide to promoting your business and yourself. It starts with the basics, of defining what your business is, what it provides, and who your customer is. The tone is positive and encouraging, yet also no nonsense. The writing is straight forward and complicated jargon is broken down for newbies like me. I went to the website and downloaded the pdfs mentioned in the book to complete the exercises. I started the first couple, and will definitely be returning to the book to finish the process. I learned a ton here, some that I will began implementing immediately in my work to grow and monetize my book blog.
Lucy's writing style had me jazzed up about some information that I'd read before and found daunting or boring. I feel affirmed that I'm on the right path, and my energy is renewed in believing that I am capable of  doing the hard work to grow my business. I highly recommend this one!
I thought this was a really approachable and easy to read book with lots of practical advice. I will be recommending this book to any new entrepreneurs or business people that come to the library looking for advice on PR etc.
This is a really useful book for any small business to keep on their shelf as a reference and help guide.  It addresses a variety of ways for getting yourself out there and using the best media possible that is suited to your own business.  It well written and is easy to follow and read.  It is a book that will be useful to many and at the very least will get you thinking about what you could improve and include in your own strategy.