Cover Image: The Chisholm Trail Bride

The Chisholm Trail Bride

The Chisholm Trail Bride is a Christian historical romance novel by author Kathleen Y’Barbo. The setting is The Chisholm Trail (1880).

Eliza Gentry was a descendant of Spanish royalty, Texas pioneers, and pirates. However, she had to work hard on the Chisholm Trail. Her dream was to go to college and learn to study the stars with a telescope.

Ben Barnhart’s dream was to marry Eliza Gentry. As the story goes on the mystery is who killed Wyatt Creed’s father? I figured out the answer to the mystery early on but that did not deter my enjoyment of the novel. I recommend The Chisholm Trail Bride to fans of historical romance.

Disclaimer: I receive complimentary books from various sources, including, publishers, publicists, authors, and/or NetGalley. I am not required to write a positive review and have not received any compensation. The opinions shared here are my own entirely. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255
Great and unique book. The author developed the characters well and the research was spot on! Great addition to the series.
I enjoyed reading all 12 books in the Daughters of the Mayflower Series. Each book was connected in ways but I felt could be stand alone. They were written by 1 of 6 authors. Each had their own style.

The Chisholm Trail Bride had a good storyline that kept me interested. I loved Wyatt! Eliza drove me crazy and made me frustrated! This was a one day read for me because I wanted to know the ending and be done. I highly recommend all 12 books in The Daughters of the Mayflower.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from NetGalley on behalf of the Publisher and was under no obligation to post a favorable review.
Satisfying Western story about Eliza who grew up in a wealthy Ranch, going on a cattle drive with her father, brothers and two of her friends. The boys get into a fight that changes all their lives. Interesting tale of Texas prestigious families and their lives. A wild and spoiled girl who grows up, learning lessons as she goes. Mix in a murder mystery, kidnapping and betrayal. Great read!
I received this book free from the publisher and NetGalley book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.
I was so happy to read this series, The Daughters of the Mayflower series.
Sadly this is the last book in the series and I've read every one of them.
I have had so much fun reading and learning about different times in history. All stories though fictional are based on events happening in history and the back of each book gives us a summary of the events the book is based on.
I loved the plot of each book and how easy it was to follow along and the characters you really feel as though you are listening to a private conversation with them.
The books are not romance heavy and concentrate more on the historical aspect which I enjoyed a lot.
I can always count on clean,sweet,inspirational books which is just what I enjoy reading.

I loved this series idea Barbour Books came up with and look forward to more series such as this.

Paperback, 256 pages
Published April 1st 2020 by Barbour Books
I was given a complimentary copy of this book. Thank you.
All opinions expressed are my own.
this was another great entry in the Daughters of Mayflower series, I always enjoy reading this series and am glad I was able to read it.
Sadly i DNF this hole series , because i couldn't get in to it all . And i tried which is why i haven't post any reviews for it. But unfortunately this series is not for me.
I love everything that this author writes. I always try to make sure that I read her new releases. This is another wonderful book in the Daughter of Mayflower series. I have not read all of them - but they all can be read as a standalone.
Eliza wants to go on the cattle drive - however, her life changes in just an instant. Her best friend and partner in crime, Wyatt is along with his family - and an accident changes the course of their lives. His arch nemisis, Ben, has a huge interest in Eliza - and states that he will marry her someday -- Eliza does not want that

This book then picks up 10 years later. It's fun to see them down the road.
Heartwarming romance and a clean read.

I received a copy of this book through NetGalley - all thoughts are my own.
Review to be completed shortly and posted.  This was an amazing series.  And it was a great introduction to some fantastic authors.
The Chisholm Trail Bride by Kathleen Y'Barbo.  I enjoyed seeing how this played out with the young man who was supposed to be dead..  but was not!  I enjoyed riding along the Chisholm trail and enjoyed the trip full of surprises, danger and hard work.
I received a copy of this book from NetGalley and Barbour Publishers my review is voluntary.
Well written. Enjoyed the characters. Stand alone story written by this author.
Thankful for the chance to read one of her books. Thanks to netgalley and the publisher for an advanced copy.
This is book twelve from the Daughters of the Mayflower series. However I feel it is a stand alone book. I have read some but not all in this series, so I may have missed some history but I was not lost.
If you enjoy reading historical romance with mystery and lots of sparks you will love this one. Eliza Gentry is full of spunk. She is strong willed and loyal. When tragedy happens on the Chisholm trail life changes for Eliza. As she grows up she must live with consequences of decisions she has made and try to make right a wrong.
Probably my favorite story so far in this series. The history between Eliza and Wyatt was heartfelt and poignant with the bloom of young love while their current reality lent a harshness to the story and begged me to delve deeper into the book.
The author created truly despicable antagonists who I loved to hate so that the cheers of justice were long and noteworthy. Just when it seemed as though nothing would go right, there is a shimmer of hope as God makes a way.
Great story with wonderful characters and all the angsty trouble of the Old West that I love.
I received a copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley. I was not required to leave a positive review. All thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.
I received an ARC from Barbour Publishing, via NetGalley. This review is my opinion.

I must say I feel unsure about this book, I have read several books by Kathleen Y’Barbo and like them enormously. At the beginning of the book, we go to the Chilsom trail and were a tragic event to determine the next events.  We then go years and we can see how the characters have changed, All though well written, I didn’t like this story.  In my opinion, the elements and characters of this story didn't fit and in the end,  it was too obvious.
This was an action packed and intriguing historical romance! It truly kept me engaged!
I have to say I had a little struggle to relate to the heroine during the first part of the story, but she did some maturing along the way, and the hero just made up for her shortcomings with his heart of gold, honor and total devotion to her, that I kept rooting for this couple to find their Happily Ever After until the end! And it was quite satisfying!
Eliza Gentry and Wyatt Creed had been best friends during childhood in her father’s ranch in Texas until a tragedy at an unfortunate cattle drive sends Wyatt away. Now, ten years later, Eliza is very heard strong, and rebels against her family and wants to elope with Ben, the son of her father’s enemy. That’s how it ends in her father sending her off with the cattle drive heading to Forth Worth and the Barnhart ranch, under the protection of Wyatt, now a Pinkerton Agent.
This cattle drive seems the least convenient place to fall in love, with danger and death lurking at every turn at the hands of cattle thieves, but Wyatt can’t help his heart that has always belonged to Eliza. Can Eliza forgive his mistakes in the past? Can Wyatt protect her and, more important, will they both survive their adventure to have a chance at true love?
I was totally engaged with the story, that was fast paced and full of action. The villain, Ben, was truly awful and that made it more exciting and dangerous.
Wyatt was a true hero and I loved how he melts Eliza’s defenses with his actions, more than his words. The romance was really sweet and tender in spite of the action and danger amidst.
I enjoyed this story and recommend it to all historical romance lovers! It has a mix of everything: adventure, drama, a bit of humor, intrigue, and the sweetest romance!
I received a complimentary copy of this book from Barbour Publishing via NetGalley and this is my honest and unbiased review
This is the first novel I’ve read by Kathleen Y’Barbo, and I can see why she’s a bestselling author – she’s a good storyteller. Each of her characters is drawn with descriptive detail, and she has a deft way of weaving romance and adventure together. I loved the author’s style. In the main characters’ viewpoints, the rhythm and language often read like a first-person perspective, a technique that lent a ‘looking through the eyes of the beholder’ quality to the narrative that was immediate and powerful.  In the second half of the book, it was occasionally unclear who was speaking and, combined with some inconsistency in identifying to whom a character might be referring, was enough to drop me out of the story momentarily – but it was a relatively small bump in the writing flow. The faith element in the book is offered with a gentle touch. In the lives of Eliza and her friends and family, God is close at hand. For THE CHISHOLM TRAIL BRIDE I can say saddle up your favorite e-reader or pack the paperback. Find a comfy chair and get ready for a Western romance full of adventure, history, and faith with an intriguing cast of characters. It’s going to be a good ride.  For the complete review see AllAboutRomance.com.
Classic Kathleen YBarbo...Well written.  Believable characters.  A beautiful story.  This novel will capture your attention from the simple cover art...and will not let go until the last chapter.  Five stars.
This was my first book by Kathleen Y'Barbo but it definitely won't be my last! Once I started this book, I truly could not put it down. Breath-taking, toe-curling, squeal out loud! This book has it all and with twists and turns that hold the reader from the first page!

I recommend this book for lovers of historical fiction!
This was an interesting and entertaining novel! I loved the premise of it taking place during a cattle drive. The characters were well developed and the plot moved well. An excellent Christian fiction novel with a great romance.
A big thank you to the author Kathleen Y'Barbo, the publisher Barbour, and NetGalley for permitting me an ARC in exchange for my candid review.

This is a very entertaining and interesting story which originates in a cattle drive along the Chisolm Trail. It was a fascinating insight into how Texans took their cattle to market in Kansas. The story line follows a young woman who is born into a family of cattle barons in Texas and who and how she chooses to pick a husband. It is of course at its heart, a romance novel, but the look into the historic times surrounding the Chisolm Trail make it a fascinating read.