Cover Image: The Blended Quilt

The Blended Quilt

The Blended Quilt, written by Wanda Brunstetter, begins with Sadie Kuhns who is having doubts about her job hopping boyfriend Wyman. Wyman is restless and unsure of what he wants & seems to be unreliable and hides the truth from friends and family. After quitting another job, Sadie ends the relationship. While working on her broken relationship with Wyman, Sadie receives an unexpected inheritance & pursues an endeavor that takes her time away from friends and Wyman. Wyman, on the other hand, steps up to the plate to help his dad after his brother injures his back. It appears their roles have switched. Both are left with decisions to make about what they want & what they want for their future. It kept my interest & it was hard to put it down. This was an interesting read that deals with real life situations and how unexpected turn of events are handled. I was given a complimentary copy of this book from Barbour Publishing and was under no obligation to give a review.
I really enjoyed reading The Blended Quilt by Wanda E. Brunstetter and Jean Brunstetter. I loved all the books in the series especially this one. I liked that the characters from the other series continued to be featured in each book with a little bit of how their every day life is. The main characters in this book is about Sadie Kuhns and Wyman Kauffman. Their relationship, disappointments with each other and learning to deal with their feelings with sudden changes in their life and how they overcame them. I really love the authors’ writing of this series and I was not disappointed with any of them. I couldn’t put it down when I started reading. I finished the book last month, so the review is kinda late. Better late than never. I’m always looking forward to reading more books from these authors. I do recommend this book.
I received a complimentary copy of this book from Barbour Publishing and was under no obligation to post a review.
I was not pleased with how this book dragged out I was wanting so much more the reason I gave 4 stars was the story about the quilt was adorable
Sadie is a young Amish woman who constantly remembers her trip to Hawaii with her friends, and starts the project of creating a quilt that blends both Amish and Hawaiian patterns. She has been having some problems with her boyfriend Wyman since he kips getting bored and changing jobs. Is he reliable enough for them to start a family? After a while, however, Sadie has to face an unexpected event that enables her to fulfill her dream of writing a book about her blended quilt. This new project absorbs her, which brings interesting changes for her family, her relationship, and herself.

What I liked: I love Wanda Brunstetter's books because I learn a lot about the Amish lifestyle, her plots keep me interested, and the stories don't have unnecessary drama. I mainly enjoyed this book because Sadie had to face the problem that many women have: is it possible to follow your dreams and have a family? Can someone have it all at the same time? How to balance your personal projects with your obligations towards your loved ones? However, she also had to take into account if her dream was compatible with the Plain people's believes about simplicity and modesty. I also liked how the characters of Sadie and Wyman evolved throughout the book, as neither of them was perfect and they had to work on their issues.

What I did not like: The ending was a little bit rushed for me, I mean, everything was solved almost the same day. Some side stories were not as developed as I would have wanted, like Mandy's problem, Jana Beth and Kaylene's envy, the marital problems between Michael and Lovina, or Wyman's attitude towards his job. I did not want everything to be perfect, but those problems were explained and then they were barely mentioned or were magically solved without giving more information to the reader.

(I want to thank NetGalley, Shiloh Run Press, and the authors for this ARC, which I received in exchange for an honest review.)
I love Wanda Brunstetter’s books, and she’s one of my favorite Amish authors.  I liked several different aspects of this story:  The Amish community that supports each other; the unusual storyline of Sadie being an author and the inheritance she receives; and the close relationship that Sadie shared with her mother.  It was interesting following the choices that Sadie had to make about her “career” as an author and her desire to follow a traditional Amish lifestyle.

There was one drawback to this book for me: No matter how hard I tried, I never connected with Wyman, one of the main characters.  I had a hard time accepting Sadie and Wyman as a couple.  I kept waiting for someone that was a more compatible partner for Sadie to make an appearance in the book.

Despite this, I still enjoyed reading the book. There’s good lessons for us about putting others first and turning to God for His guidance in our lives.  Sadie and Wyman might not be my favorite couple, but I’ll still be looking forward to reading Wanda Brunstetter’s next book.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions are my own.
The Blended Quilt is written by mother-in-law and daughter-in-law duo, Wanda and Jean Brunstetter.

Sadie Kuhns and Wyman Kauffman have been courting for a while now, but Sadie struggles with Wyman's inability to be satisfied with any job he's had. After all, if he gets bored this easily, what is there to say he will be satisfied being married to her? When Sadie's circumstances change and her life suddenly becomes extremely busy, Wyman is left wondering if there is still room for him in her bustling world. Will they be able to work past their issues and compromise on a life that works for both of them, or will they go their separate ways?

I have to admit this wasn't my favourite of Brunstetter's books so far. I was hoping to see far more character development and maturity, especially on Wyman's part, and felt like the ending was quite abrupt. I definitely struggled with getting into the story. However, I really enjoyed the little side glimpses into Wyman's family and Sadie's friends' lives and appreciated that everyone in the story was willing to grow and to admit when they had done wrong.

*I received a complimentary copy of The Blended Quilt through the publisher and NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own. My positive review is not required.
The Blended Quilt was a beautiful mix of Amish and Hawaiian. I enjoyed how Sadie designed and put it together. Her life had a few tough spots as she worked it all out and trying to write a book too! She was just too busy for her friends and family. Great ending!
Great book! Every time I read one of her books I’m never disappointed. Her books are books that you can forget about the struggles of life and just read and forget about everything. I would highly recommend.
Rating 3.5 Stars

Sadie Kuhns and Wyman Kauffman have been courting for awhile. However, when Wyman was not forth coming on a decision that would affect their future together, Sadie knows that it might be best if they broke up until Wyman's priorities are more aligned with their future. They both love each other and know that a tough love must happen to make the changes they need to have a strong foundation. To set her mind off Wyman and their break up, Sadie turns to making a blended quilt which leads to a dream that is not reachable for the Amish. However, when a aunt passes away, her dreams turn into a nightmare.

Both Sadie and Wyman learn spiritual lessons of contentment. How contentment changes your priorities. What is interesting in their story they seem to flip. Distractions become key in their relationship and in their faith. Their families are supportive in learning this lesson along with what drives a community. You will be encouraged by what contentment means and how we live in contentment.

A Special thank you to Barbour Publishing and Netgalley for the ARC and the opportunity to post an honest review.
This is a wonderful Amish fiction book.

I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know both Sadie Kuhns and Wyman Kaufman. They each have some personal problems that they need to work through. At the same time they are trying to figure out how to make a relationship with each other work.

The biggest question that they had to work out individually was sorting out their own priorities. Once they had that answered then they just needed to make each decision they were faced with based on that answer. This is a universal question that everyone has to deal with. I loved watching their growth as they processed it and figured out what mattered most in their lives.

They each have a number of people surrounding them helping them grow. Some of them were only providing listening ears as they wrestled with their problems. I loved seeing the variety of people that were supporting them even while dealing with their own problems. This is truly what being part of a community is all about.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher, through NetGalley. I was not required to write a positive review. All of the opinions expressed are my own.
This is an Amish Fiction/Clean Romance/Christian Fiction. This book is not like any other Amish Fiction.book I have read in the past, and I loved it so much. I love that this book is a totally unique, and it covers the Amish in a different way. I really enjoyed reading this book. I loved the characters, and the way this book is written where you get to hear what the characters are thinking and how they are feeling.
Once again, I was totally enthralled by the work of Brunstetter. I am impressed with the level of imagination that goes into her books, and how they are so individually written. They truly are not easy to predict, and the characters are given such wonderful depth. I felt like I was right there in the midst of all of these incredible events.
2 stars
Blended Quilt by Jean Brunstetter; Wanda E. Brunstetter
This book is one of the most unique Amish fiction books I have ever read. The authors wrote characters who are easy to relate to and like or dislike. The whole story is a tad far-fetched as the authors had a real opportunity to have Sadie do some real good deeds with the money she received from her aunt. Her aunt's will was even written to point the book and Sadie in that direction. But the authors skipped over a wonderful opportunity that would have made this a far better book.
Wyman is a highly unlikeable character and why Sadie puts up with him is beyond me. There is a lot of characters in this book with way too many side stories that really do not need to be included.
The book is good enough and I think fans of Jean Brunstetter and Wanda E. Brunstetter will like it. As for me, the ending just made me mad and the whole book was just one big missed opportunity.
I really do not recommend this book.
 I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher and NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
I have loved every book in this series. Each one fills me with joy and comfort. I feel as if Sadie and her family have invited me into their home to visit. The author has a way that makes me wish this was a real family and we could be friends. I would love to sit and eat dinner with them, join them at church services and be part of their nightly Devotionals.

Sadie is not content with her relationship with Wyman. He flitters from job to job and that makes her have doubts . How can she marry someone who doesn’t have a steady job? I enjoyed reading how they try to work things out but they do not see eye to eye on things.

When an unexpected inheritance comes to Sadie, her dream of writing a book seems possible to achieve now. I loved reading how she incorporates Hawaiian designs with Amish designs to make beautiful quilts. The book offers a variety of styles along with facts  about Hawaii. I would definitely purchase her book. Not everyone in the family is happy that Sadie inherited so much money. After all her sisters didn’t get anywhere near the amount Sadie did. The author examines how jealousy can cause friction among friends and families.

I really enjoyed how the family realizes they need to be happy for Sadie and encourage her as she publishes her book. There is a little conflict in the story between a married couple that I found to be quite interesting, The Amish deal with similar issues as we do and money seemed to be one of the big problems between this husband and wife. I liked how the author had them  seek a Christian counselor for help. At times I though the wife was bitter and allowed her anger to push her husband away.

One of my favorite parts of the book was the turmoil Sadie had as she started to become famous due to her book. She has less time to help with chores and her relationship with Wyman suffers as well. Is pride getting in her way? The author demonstrates how important prayer is and supporting each other in time of need. Sadie is surrounded by Godly people who along with God’s guidance make decisions that will honor Him. Do Sadie and Wyman reconcile and get married? You have to read the book to find out.

I received a copy of this  book from the author and publisher. The review is my own opinion.
Great thoughts for all were contained in the Blended Quilt.  The Brunstetter's once again have brought family values front and center within the pages.  Conflicts of each person and how they handle their feelings toward each other and themselves.  Thank you NetGalley for this ARC!
The Blended Quilt by Jean Brunstetter and Wanda Brunstetter is an easy to read Amish romance. It features Sadie from The Hawaiian Quilt. I had not read the previous story but that was not a problem as I was able to follow along with no problems.
Sadie works on designing a quilt blending an Amish traditional quilt and a Hawaiian style. While doing the quilt she begins wondering about her romance with her boyfriend, Wyman and if he is truly the one for her. She also writes a book on quilting that takes her out of her comfort zone, going on book tours and signings.And on top of everything, she inherits the majority of her aunt's estate making her a millionaire. She wants Wyman to step up and grow up but he feels threaten by her new found independence.
The story has likeable characters. Sometimes, a few can show the Amish can have envious feelings like the English. It is well written and is hard to put down. My only negative is the ending seemed very rushed and thrown together.
I was given an ARC by NetGalley and Barbour Publishing for an honest review.
I found it hard to put this down. A story about an Amish couple in love, navigating different things happening in their life and soon realize that if they put aside their selfish traits, they can make their relationship work.

I received an ARC from Netgalley and Barbour Publishing in exchange for an honest review.
Sadie Kuhns is a sensible young Amish woman. She visited Hawaii and now wants to make a quilt with Amish patterns and Hawaiian patterns to commemorate her time on the islands. She's also self-publishing a book. With all the time invested in these projects her relationship with her boyfriend suffers as he feels like everything she is doing is way more important than him.
He also has some issues of his own as he can't find satisfaction in any of the jobs he has and Sadie worries he won't be able to support a family if they marry.
As she gets deeper into her book promotion her relationship really suffers and he breaks it off with her though he doesn't want to.
The book has a really great life lesson in it because we all have things that are important to us but at what price?
The book makes you pause to think about your own life and what you are doing in it.
It's all about balancing what's important to us with family obligations and spending time, not just time but quality time with the one's important to us.
I love the life lessons I find in this author's books. They are not preachy but done in a subtle way so that you may not even realize they are a lesson but you'll be shaking your head in agreement as you read this book.
Does Sadie find a way to balance what's important to her or is all lost ?
Wonderful book and recommended!

Published November 1st 2020
I was given a complimentary copy of this book. Thank you.
All opinions expressed are my own.
The story of young Amish woman Sadie Kuhns and her quest to find love and independence in her life was a unique and uplifting story.  She decides that the young man who is courting her, Wyman Kauffman, doesn’t really have an aim in his life, so he is not for her.  Honestly, he was a very weak character who thought that flitting from job to job and borrowing money from his brother was the way to go in his life.  Fortunately, Sadie saw right through his proclamations in love and decided to break it off with him.  She dedicated herself to creating a unique quilt that combined her Amish heritage and her new found love for the Hawaiian islands that she visited.  Her independent spirit is an anomaly in Amish fiction and I was delighted to read her story.  The characters in the story were wonderful and very human.  I enjoyed seeing the family support and love that held up Katie in her quest for love and a place in her world.  Fans of Christian/Amish fiction will totally fall in love with this clean read!
Disclaimer
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher via Netgalley.  I was not required to write a positive review.  The opinions expressed are my own.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255, “Guides Concerning the Use of Testimonials and Endorsements in Advertising.”
I enjoyed reading the Blended Quilt by Wanda and Jean Brunstetter. The Amish people are set apart from the world we live in with their plain lifestyle.  However set apart their world is from us, human nature prevails.  Behind those prayer caps and black suspenders are people who live and love just as we do.

Sadie wants to marry Wyman and although he loves her, his inability to settle into one job is cause for concern.  I  thought he was a selfish young man who seemed to have everything handed to him by his parents, including a good job that he felt was beneath him.  Sadie, for her part, decides to move on and busies herself with her quilting.  A talented quilter, she is encouraged to write her book on quilting.  What starts out as a project to share her love of the art of quilting with others turns into a living room filled with boxes of books it is up to her to sell.  Sell she does on a whirlwind book tour that opens both Sadie and Wyman's eyes to what is really important.

If you like books that are encouraging and uplifting, I recommend The Blended Quilt.  It represents much more than a quilt patterned after both plain and Englisch styles.  It represents finding that what we really want may be closer than we realize.
A very well written Amish romance.  A great plot and well developed characters.  Readers of Amish fiction will enjoy this book.  I received an advance ebook from the publisher and Netgalley.  This is my unbiased review.