Cover Image: Your Neighbour’s Wife

Your Neighbour’s Wife

This is a brilliant read.
Wonderful well written plot and story line that had me engaged from the start.
Love the well fleshed out characters and found them believable.
Great suspense and found myself second guessing every thought I had continuously.
Can't wait to read what the author brings out next.
Recommend reading.

I was provided an ARC from NetGalley and the publisher.  This is my own honest voluntary review.
The one part of this book that really puzzled me was its title. I still can't quite work out its relevance even at the end of the story.

Tara Carver has it all: nice house, nice family and her own successful business. Her husband is a house husband who looks after their daughter so she can work at her on-line dating agency with her friend and colleague. So with all those positives, why would she risk it all for a one night stand in a foreign land?

This is what she begins to ask herself when she realises that the man she opted to risk it all with wants far more than  a quick fling. Even before she has finished her business trip he's pestering her for more so she decides to do a quick flit back home in an attempt to escape his attention. Sadly things only get worse - to the point where the police are knocking on her door. But it's not her they're interested in, it's her husband.

There are some interesting twists along the way in this book but to be honest I disliked Tara's self-centred character so much it put me off the whole book. The extents she goes to in order to protect her self were shocking, and the people who put themselves in the firing line for her in my opinion needed a psychological assessment.

The sacrifices made in her name went above and beyond what anyone should do for another person and I was shocked at her reaction to them.  Not a book I particularly enjoyed I'm afraid. And please can someone explain that title?!
Your Neighbour’s Wife is a standalone psychological thriller from bestseller author Tony Parsons and follows a previously happy family after infidelity. Tara Carver and her husband, Christian are a married couple in their thirties who met as young, passionate music journalists. Tara now has her own internet dating site, Angel Eyes, following the gradual decline in print media, whilst Christian stays at home to look after their son Marlon, now aged 5. On a business trip to Tokyo, Tara succumbs to the temptation of James Caine's wily charms. Fully expecting her moment of weakness to be a one-off incident, her world is turned on its head when James declares he wants to continue their liaison and have a serious relationship with her. And he fully intends to get what he wants...

This was a riveting, cleverly written and compelling domestic thriller that I am really pleased to have read. A family-based drama, it has a superior plot and the author's intricate detailing made this a spine-chilling, impulsive read. It was very much a character-driven tale that moved at a brisk pace, the tension gradually rising with every new chapter. Each twist and turn is deftly done and takes the reader on a wild ride. The characters were really well-drawn, the storyline smooth, and I didn't come up for air, reading Your Neighbour’s Wife over a few hours, cover to cover. When everything began to unravel I didn't see what was coming until it hit me square in the face. Very highly recommended.

I received a complimentary copy of this novel at my request from Random House UK, Cornerstone/ Century via NetGalley. This review is my own unbiased opinion.
Your Neighbours Wife by Tony Parsons
2/5

Netgalley review copy

Tara Carver is a successful business woman, happily married to Christian with a beautiful son Marlon. However on a business trip in Japan Tara makes a split decision to have an affair, a decision that will cause her comfortable life to implode.

I really wanted to like this book, and for the first good half of this book I did, but the second half was just not it. I personally didn’t like the flow of the story, where some twists just really came out of no where and felt like they were just added in there for the sake of having these twists rather than actually giving any purpose to the plot of the book. So by the end everything just left a bad taste in my mouth.
An absolute riot of a read that keeps you hooked from start to end. The story is told from the perspective of Tara, successful owner of Angel Eyes online dating site, and her devoted husband Christian. The two have it all or so it would appear until Tara strays in a business trip to Tokyo. This inexplicable decisions sets a devastating chain of events in motion.

A brilliant guessing game of a read. Thank you to netgalley for the advance read copy in exchange for an honest review.
Tara Carver has everything she is happily married owns her own business and they have a son.
But she makes one huge mistake.
And that mistake comes back to haunt her because her one night fling James wont take no for an answer.
Tara tells her friend Ginger and they decide to go to his London hotel to give him an ultimatum but when they get there James is dead on the floor with his head bashed in.
So what happened ?
Thanks NetGalley
Great psychological drama, definitely worth a look at this author! Tells a rivetting story of control in it's most evil guise, and the consequences of it.
Your Neighbours Wife is a standalone thriller from one of my favourite author's Tony Parsons. A successful married businesswoman has a one night stand in Tokyo and comes to regret the random  and out of character episode. Unfortunately, I did not like many of the characters especially Tara, selfish and spoilt, Christian the husband came across as pretty but dim  and the police were vindictive and nasty. The ending was also disappointing. Thanks to netgalley and the publisher for the arc.
Tara Carver is a successful business woman, running her own online dating app.  Her husband, Christian, is a stay at home father to their son.  On a business trip to Japan, Tara makes a very bad, last minute decision and has a ‘holiday’ affair with James.  Unfortunately, when she gets back to the UK, the brief affair turns into a stalking nightmare and James is determined to destroy Tara and her life.

I didn’t particularly engage with this story.  Tara Carver is a self-obsessed and unlikeable woman who abuses her relationship and is made to pay a price.  Maybe it’s just my personal feelings, but I struggle to have sympathy for someone who is willing to risk her marriage for a brief affair and then feels sorry for herself when it goes wrong for her.  To enjoy this book, I felt that you had to engage with one of the characters and I couldn’t engage with any of them.

I didn’t enjoy this book, it didn’t engage me.  I am clearly in a minority, according to the reviews, so this book just clearly wasn’t to my taste.

Thank you to Netgalley for the opportunity to read this book.
Thank you for the advance copy.

I have read all the other books by Tony Parsons, and this one didn’t disappoint either.
Gripping and fabulous storyline.
Behind the scenes of a happy family picture, real life is nothing what it looks like.Nor beautiful, relaxed or problem free marriage.

Temptation is always around the corner and one night away from home and in a world that seems like hidden secrets can always stay buried there, proves to be the catalyst for a series of events that sets up this psychological thriller.

Being blackmailed and controlling her life in every possible way from now on, Tara has to make so many decisions to save her marriage and go back to living a normal happy life. But that takes courage and lots of suspenseful moments and twists.

The story is told in dual points of view, Tara’s and her husband’s. I enjoyed the way the author has added her husband’s inner thoughts because those are the one you always look up when reading a story like this one.

There are many twists and turns, interesting characters overall and some unrealistic small moments but you can never know what could happen in real life as we all know that many times life beats fiction.

Gripping, addictive and page after page turned, a story that held my attention from the beginning to the end.
This book is fantastic. Just as I thought I had worked out who had done what, there was an about turn or a spanner thrown in the works. A great read.
3.5⭐/5⭐

Tara Carver has a perfect life. She a successful businesswoman and she is happily married to Christian. They have a 5-year-old son Marlon. Christian is a stay at home dad.

A perfect family!

Tara Carver manages an online dating app which has been created by her. She goes to Tokyo on a business trip where she ended up having a one night stand with James. Tara thought that she can move on with it but James wants it to be more than that.

The story is told from the perspective of Tara & Christian. I simply love the first half which was full of twists and turns and it built my expectations too.   The first half of this book was gripping but the second half seemed a little loose. Overall I enjoyed the book.
This is a thriller well worth adding to your wish lists. It’s full of twists and turns, constantly keeping you guessing. It moves along at a good pace and although the situation is of Tara’s own making, the far reaching consequences for so many people around her made me feel really quite sorry for her. The only nit pick is that I’m not sure how the publishers arrived at the title as it doesn’t really seem to relate to the story at all!
All in all, I thought it was well written and I rated it a solid 4⭐️.
Thank you to Random House UK, Cornerstone Century and @netgalley for sending me this ARC for an honest review.

So this was a hard review to write, and thanks to my OH for inspiring me to get my thoughts out! It was a brilliant book, I was hooked and wanted to know what happened. It was fast paced and honestly SO much was happening! I had quite a few theories throughout but it kept changing haha!

The only thing I disliked about the book and it nearly made me hate it but then I thought about what the author wanted the reader to think. The ending. Well it just made me a little angry. I don’t and won’t give spoilers, but I was angry at how one of the characters was treated. They did it with best intentions and hadn’t been innocent themselves but I just wish it hadn’t of turned out that way.
My heart was in my mouth from the start; a fabulous reminder of why it’s not advisable to engage in extra marital affairs !! Tara has it all, a successful business, a cute son and a handsome stay at home husband. On a business trip she has a one night stand. By morning the regret kicks in and she decides to forget it ever happened. Unfortunately for her the guy isn’t quite as happy to forget and tracks her (and her husband) down.

He wants to carry on where they left off and whether she wants it or not he’s determined not to give her a choice.  How far will she go to protect the life she has ?.

I didn’t want to put this book down, I needed to know who did what, why and when !! A great easy read to keep you on the edge of your seat.

Thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for an e-copy of this book which I have reviewed honestly.
Your Neighbours Wife is a fairly fast paced, twisty thriller that I couldn’t put down.
Tara Carver has the perfect life, successful business, nice house, gorgeous and caring husband, Christian, who stays at home to look after their son and a great friend who is always there for her.
Everything in Tara’s life is perfect until she goes on a business trip far away and makes a stupid decision and sleeps with a married stranger. Tara’s life starts to spiral out of control when she is back home as the stranger makes it clear he wants a life with her and won’t take no for an answer.
This was a tense and twisty read that I loved, I never knew which way this was going to go and I thought the ending was a befitting one and although answered all the questions you needed answering it still left you wondering.
I would like to thank Netgalley and Random House UK, Cornerstone for this ARC I received in exchange for an honest review.
Could not put this book down!

Brilliant storyline with many twists and turns that you didn´t expect and kept you on the edge of your seat.  It has everything for a tense thriller - outstanding plot, engrossing characters, love, fear, hatred and desire.

I loved the main character Tara, you could feel her love, anguish, pain and torment from the very beginning.

I don´t like talking about storylines as you get the blurb from the publisher, but what I will say is this - if there is one book you are going to want to read this year, it´s this one!

My thanks to NetGalley and Random House UK for giving me the opportunity to read and review this advanced copy honestly.
I’m sorry to say I am a bit disappointed by this book, whilst well written, I don’t feel it is up to the standard of Tony Parsons’ previous novels. It starts off well enough, and is quite gripping till about 55% in, then it begins to fade. I question whether people in the situation that Tara and Christian find themselves with regard to the police investigation would behave the way they do. Lying to the police is never a good course of action, especially for people who have hitherto been pillars of the community. This, along with the first totally out-of-character act by Tara, risking all she holds dear for a one night stand in a hotel, whilst on a business trip, is such a cliche, and does not ring true.
The alternating POVs from Tara and Christian do nothing to help the reader get inside the head of either character, and do not help the flow of the narrative.  Rather their actions, thoughts, reactions become ever more conflicted and confusing.  There is so much angst, soul searching and awkward dialogue  between the couple, it becomes tedious.
I found it harder and harder each time to return to this book, skim reading to get to the ending, which was confusing and far from satisfying. Not the author’s best work, in my humble opinion.

My thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for my advance copy of this title.
I really enjoyed reading this book. It kept me completely mesmerised from start to finish. Many twists and turns right to the end.
Vibrant cast of characters,bad cops,bad men,bad women,family secrets ,betrayals ,this book has it all.
A riveting read.