Cover Image: Your Neighbour’s Wife

Your Neighbour’s Wife

I would like to thank the author, the publisher and NetGalley for giving me the opportunity to read an ARC of this book. I had read previous books by this author and enjoyed them but I’m afraid this book just didn’t do it for me.
Fast paced , with a gripping psychological storyline. If you like to be kept on the edge of your seat this one is for you.
More of a 2.5* read than a 2*, but not quite a 3*.  I hadn't read anything by Tony Parsons before, and this book has been sitting on my Netgalley shelf forever, so after reading the blurb, and getting thoroughly excited, I settled down for what I thought would be a great reading experience.  Sadly, the book fell well short of the mark.  Firstly, I'm utterly confused by the title.  What's this book got to do with the wife of any neighbour?  The story is firmly centered around Tara Carver, her husband Christian, their son, Marlon and dog Buddy.  The first third of the book was fantastic!  Tara has a one night stand with the sinister James, who refuses to accept Tara doesn't want things to go any further.  However, all too soon, that part of the story comes to a halt and we go off into several unlikely scenarios that quite frankly were a bit boring.  I really wish the author had gone into more depth with James and how he behaved as this is what would have made this book a 5 star read.  Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for the review copy.

My review has been posted to Goodreads and Amazon UK.
An outstanding pschological thriller. Rather different from the Wolfe series but very enjoyable in a nasty way.
I really enjoyed this book. Even though I don’t like the main character, Tara. I enjoyed the story and all the twists and turns along the way. A great read.
I love a dual perspecitve POV book and this one does not disappoint! Online dating app owner Tara Carver and husband Christian are happily married until Tara cheats on him during a business trip to Japan.

As if that choice wasnt bad enough but when she returns to her family the man follows her, and he follows her into every bit of her life, she is horrified and as his manipulation increases so do the stakes for Tara, The characters are good, they’re mostly flawed and have a good depth, a good and enjoyable psychological thriller that examines bad choices, harsh life lessons and bitter regrets and loss.
Great start and build up with an original idea of what could have been a cliched story. Nothing happy here with devastating affects on all concerned as an intriguing psychological drama unfurls and wreaks havoc.
The writing grips the reader and compels them to read to the bitter end.

Thanks to netgalley and Random house for the arc.
If you like a thriller with twists and turns, plenty of suspense, then this fits the bill - it is a page turner, with a main character that makes some bad moves - worth a read, a classic murder mystery with a new storyline!
The idea behind this book could have been so good - women who has it all, perfect husband, child, house, job life.... risks it all for one night.  However her actions threaten to destroy her world.

However, the main character, Tara, is one of the most unlikeable characters Ive had the displeasure to read recently.  Totally selfish and self absorbed - Tara really doesnt help herself.... despite only ever thinking of herself!

I love a character with a flaw or two but tara had nothing redeemable about her.

Thanks to NetGalley for the ARC in return for an honest review :-)
I’ve never read anything by Tony Parsons but I’ll definitely be reading his other books now. Really enjoyed this. Not quite a 5/5 as I felt it waffled a bit. And Christian is definitely based on himself!
This book is WILD! Loved every second of it... so many twists and turns and that ending... WOW!!! Thank you for my ARC.
The title doesn't really fit the story but its a good read. A stupid decision at a conference in Tokyo changes Tara's life with devastating consequences. Some truly, awful characters. You can feel the tension Tara feels as her secret draws in on her and her lovely family. A story of love, betrayal, lies and loyalty. Good twists and ending.
Parts of the story were really great and others not so enjoyable. I didn't like Tara at all. there were some twists and turn but a slow build up to the conclusion. Disappointing.
Wow this book was so gripping. I could not stop reading this book. It was actually terrifying reading it and I wanted to shout at the characters. This book is told by two different characters . I cant recommend this highly enough.
I enjoyed this, it was full of suspense and kept me engaged throughout.

Thank you NetGalley for my complimentary copy in return for my honest review.
Firstly, I would like to thank Net Galley for the opportunity to read an advance copy of this book.

This was a very good story. The possible, and frightening, consequences of a one night stand, and how it can destroy the lives of all involved. It was a gripping book which I read in one sitting.

Well worth reading.
This book was ok but I expected better from the synopsis. It wasn’t fast paced enough for me and the twists didn’t seem to flow or belong to the story. The characters weren’t particularly likeable which didn’t help. I think I’m used to a faster paced thriller and sadly this just wasn’t fast enough.

Thanks to NetGalley and the publishers for the ARC in return for an honest and unbiased opinion.
Another great read from Tony Parsons. A compulsive novel about what happens when a one night stand turns out to have unexpected consequences. A night's recklessness leads to a continuing nightmare for Tana. How far would you go to protect your marriage?
I've enjoyed Tony Parson's books for a long time now, and this one was probably one of my favourites. A gripping psychological thriller that really looks at how a family unit can be torn apart when a secret is revealed. With a real focus on how bad choices can impact not only the person making them's life, but the lives of those around them, it's a book that stayed with me for a while after I'd finished it.
The premise sounded exactly like the type of thrillers I really enjoy, but this one fell flat for me unfortunately. I did not take an interest in or like any of the characters and some of the twists felt a bit out of place to me. The writing was good but the pace of the second half left me struggling to finish this one sorry!