Cover Image: Peace

Peace

What an incredibly beautiful book!  Oh, to live in a world as resplendent as this depiction.  Let's all teach our children to live in peace and harmony.  Miranda and Baptiste Paul have truly captured peace within these gorgeous pages.  A lovely book made to be shared and admired.
"Peace is a hello, a smile, a hug."

This little book is beautiful. From the words to the illustrations, all I can say is that it's utterly beautiful.

"Peace can begin with a laugh and a wave, and grow into actions remarkable brave."

Without many words it delivers such an important message. I think every kid will love this and every kid should read it.

"Peace is a choice."
A short picture books that gives you different meaning of peace.
What I love about this book how diverse yet united this book is.
It makes you feel whole and helps you to see the wonder of the world.
It teaches us to have peace with all the living being.

A MUST HAVE BOOK :)
An overly preachy/repetitious book that has good intentions but poor execution. Peace is one of the few picture books that I would skip.
An adorable little book with beautiful illustrations.  I teach littles in early elementary school and can see myself using this at the beginning of the school to help build classroom culture / environment.  This book does a really good job of defining what peace is in ways that children can understand and gives them specific examples of things they can do to create peace.  I haven't written my full review yet but will post it to my website Kelly's Classroom Online.
Peace is a powerful and beautiful story.  The story uses simple language and beautiful illustrations to explain what peace looks like and how it affects all living things including people, animals, and the environment.  I would love to have this book in my kindergarten classroom library because it covers such an important and relevant topic but explains it in a way that children can understand.  Because of the simplicity and content, this book could be used as a powerful discussion starter across all grade levels and ages.  Highly recommend this book!
This was a super cute story for little ones. Even just reading it evokes a sense of peace. My four year old really enjoyed it and I loved the message. The illustrations are beautiful.
Absolutely loved this book & its message! A simple important message is paired with stunning pictures throughout this book & I would recommend it to every teacher, parent, library.
Peace by Baptiste and Miranda Paul is a wonderful book that is truly a feast for the eyes, ears and heart. Esteli Meza's richly colored illustrations of children, animals and the natural world are a perfect backdrop to a beautiful reflection on peace and its meaning to us all.  A multilingual tree of peace, along with a white dove, introduce the reader to the theme of the book. The simple verses are thoughtful and bring the illustrations to life. I believe this book will be enjoyed by children and adults alike, with much to observe, reflect upon and discuss.
Thank you to Netgalley, the authors and NorthSouth Books for providing me with an early copy in exchange for an honest review. I will definitely be recommending this to our library staff and patrons and look forward to sharing it with my grandchildren.
This picture book is so gorgeous!

Kudos to the team specially the artist who made the illustrations unbelievably so damn realistic.

I felt like I could pluck the leaves and actually hold the characters!

The colour patterns are solid yet not so bold that they beautifully represent well the concept of peace!

This small picture book teaches about peace - what it means, its various interpretations and its various forms.

Love how simple yet difficult to explain concepts like this are presented so well in this book.

Thank you NetGalley for the ARC.
Wow. This book was great! I loved how much it managed to cover and how effectively it was designed. Particularly, I liked how several points that were made were poignant and important for kids to understand; these points were central to the existence of peace in its various conceptualizations.
The book Peace is a beautiful look at what it mean to have peace, what it takes to create peace, and, keep peace. I love that it rhymes, and that it provides way to create peace physically, socially, and frames peace as a choice and something to work towards.
The illustrations in the book are really neat. There are subtle things that I appreciated as I read this book with my daughter. I especially loved the tree in the beginning of the book that had leaves with the word “peace” written on each on in different languages. It provided good discussion on the many different languages in the world, how different they are, and also how they all have a way to say the word “peace”
I also loved the diversity represented in the pictures. There are characters of all different backgrounds, which is so important when sharing books with children.
Overall I’d recommend this book for young readers!
Delightful. Good colours. Rapturing. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. Kudos to the author. Thanks to netgalley for providing the arc.
This book was so beautiful! It's message of peace and goodwill is something that all people should strive for. I would love to read this to my students.
*This review is based on a copy I received from NetGalley in exchange for an honest opinion.
A beautifully-illustrated book with an incredibly powerful message. My favorite line from the book: "Peace comes from giving far more than you take." I also loved that the author's note at the end of the book included a discussion on how a lack of peace can harm not only humans, but animals.
This is a beautiful book, both in illustration and message. The bold colors depict peaceful images of a diverse set of children interacting with each other and animals in a way that supports the text on the page, The text itself is simple yet thought-provoking which would make this book a beneficial addition to any library, young or old. The illustrations will make conversations about peace with younger children easier to discuss, while the text made even this middle-aged reviewer stop and think. "Peace is a choice" is the last thought this books leaves the reader with, a thought that a younger child can understand but that an older reader will ponder. I will be eagerly looking forward to adding this book to my elementary school library.
Thank you for providing an early copy of the book, Netgalley!

Through the children, the author of this book wants us to work on peace. Because what left after the peace is gone, are destruction and devastation. And to rebuild one area damaged by the absence of peace, is not easy. So from early age, it would be wonderful if children know what peace is. How to nurture peace, and make it happens, so we have hope for the future.
A great little book about peace, not only in the world, but within yourself. This book was filled with illustrations that will have children's eyes glued to the book while a parent reads. The drawings will easily fuel the child's imagination to relate to the text.
I received an electronic ARC from North South Books Inc. through NetGalley.
Beautiful definitions of peace that younger readers will understand. The authors take readers through simple to understand ways that peace affects not only humans but all life on earth. The illustrations are lovely and detailed enough to make readers feel they are part of the scene. Terrific read aloud for early in the school year. I love the simple statement on the back cover, "Peace is a choice."  It offers a discussion starting point for readers to share their own thoughts and how they build off the book.
"Peace is on purpose. Peace is a choice. Peace lets the smallest of us have a voice." I love this passage from the book. It's simple and deep all at the same time. This book teaches peace and unity- something our world desperately needs. The illustrations were diverse and inclusive to represent the real world around us. I also loved the ages of trees with the leaves saying leace in other languages.