Cover Image: Purely Italian. A cookbook

Purely Italian. A cookbook

An intresting book not a fan of the layout and appart from one or two recipies not a lot new i have not seen in other italian books do feel its missing something.
Italian cookbooks are my favorite, and this one does not disappoint.  Easy to follow directions..  A great variety of recipes for beginners and more experienced cooks.  I am looking forward to adding some of these to my meal rotation.  A great book to have on hand.

Thank you to #NetGalley and #BooksGoSocial for this ARC in exchange for my honest review.  #PurelyItalianAcookbook #NetGalley
I love Italian food, and this book is such a great collection of recipes! Vivid images and helpful descriptions make it easy for all to attempt. I received a complimentary copy from the publisher via NetGalley and all opinions expressed are my own, freely given.
I am so exciting about picking this book in particular since I love cooking and I can't do if I don't have instructions to follow.

Pure Italian is perfect for me because  its easy enough for me to experiment and know it'll turn out good. I've tried a few of the recipies here but never in the way its shown here so I'm going to try them the Pure Italian way. Not only I'm excited to have this cookbook with me but there is more than pasta here! Now, watch me make amazing recepies and enjoy them all on my own.

By the way, my favorite part of this cookbook was the dessert pages. I'm excited to try those as well.

Thanks to Netgalley for the change to get this book in exchange for a free book.
Beautiful pictures and easy to follow recipes.  I really liked the history and stories that went along withe each recipe.  Good basic Italian cookbook
PURELY ITALIAN. A COOKBOOK by Caterina Papadia is full of beautiful photos and contains classic Italian recipes like Pizza Margherita, Lasagne alla Bolognese, and Pasta e Fagioli. The cookbook is described as "30 Fast and delicious recipes to let you cook like an Italian  - Easy and quick way to impress your guests."  I love Italian food and was excited by the proposition of "easy and quick." However, I do not think this quite delivered. For one thing, the measurements for ingredients use grams instead of ounces (although they do refer to teaspoons, tablespoons, etc.) which makes it an extra step to make the conversion and estimate quantities. And, while only a few of the recipes like Braciole Pugliesi (Apulian beef chops) are listed as high difficulty; the majority are described as medium and hardly any are listed as easy. Papadia also includes an estimate of the number of servings, length of preparation and cost, but there is no nutrition information.
I really wanted to love this cookbook.  I have spent a lot of time in Italy and have taken many cooking courses.  This book has the nice warm cozy feel like you are learning from your grandmother.  The recipes are very common dishes but they do serve as an easy resource for some of the best dishes.  The biggest problem that I had was that it really needs a good editor.  It is full of errors and there are some places that are a bit confusing.  Beautiful little cookbook that has potential but just didnt quite get there
What a gorgeous cover! The same can be said about the pictures throughout the book... just wonderful. Nice title and I’ll eat anything Italian!

What did I like? I love Italian food.... hands down my favorite kind of food to eat. From margherita pizza to the famous tiramisu dessert, this book shows you an easy but beloved take on some Italian dishes. Great pictures, easy recipes, and delicious food!

Would I recommend or buy? I’d love a copy for my shelf. Purely Italian for some Italian lovers. Anyone looking for some authentic but easy recipes will love this cookbook!

I received a complimentary copy to read and voluntarily left a review! An easy five stars!
Benvenuti! ‘Purely Italian’ is an absolutely delightful celebration of Italian cuisine by Caterina Papadia including 21 traditional Italian pasta dishes (and Pizza Margherita), four main dishes, and five desserts. Each recipe not only consists of easy-to-follow instructions but is accompanied by a beautiful photograph and a paragraph of history relating to the dish, which I found very interesting.

The passion for eating well is widespread in the bel paese. This book is intended to be a feast of authentic Italian fare as can be tasted where it was born. Papadia has only collected tried and tested recipes that Italians use daily.

As Papadia illustrates, Italian food isn’t hard to cook, allowing even a beginner to produce great meals with little effort. The secrets of Italian cuisine are the quality of the raw ingredients and the simplicity of the dishes. It is the balance of different flavours which  make these recipes unique and delicate, modern but with solid roots in tradition.

The book is small and only contains 30 recipes but most of these are favourites around the world: Spaghetti Bolognese; Risotto alla Milanese; Pizza Margherita; Lasagne alla Bolognese; Frittata di Spaghetti; Farfalle al Salmone; Pasta ‘Ncasciata (Inspector Montalbano’s favourite pasta); Pasta con le Cozze; Cotoletta alla Palermitana; Apollo alla Cacciatora; Polenta con Salsiccia; Caponata Palermitana; Torta Caprese; Tiramisu; Frittole di Carnevale; Crostata Della Nonna, and Crostata di Ricotta.

If you are looking to cook Italian meals at home to impress your family and friends, I think this is an excellent and engaging volume with which to start.

I’m hoping to make the Torta Caprese, a cake dedicated to dazzling Capri. Apparently, it was born of an oversight, when the baker forgot to add flour to the mixture of almonds (or walnuts) and dark chocolate. It’s been called “uno dei pasticci più fortunati della storia” (one of history's most fortunate mistakes).

A huge thank you to @NetGalley and @BooksGoSocial for an ARC in exchange for an honest review.
This book sets out to demonstrate that Italian food is not difficult to prepare, with the right ingredients and cooking utensils. For example, for the spaghetti bolognaise, a strong cast iron pan is recommended for the slow cooking that will bring out the flavour of the meet.

The dishes hail from both the northernmost regions, where a polenta dish is more typical, to the South, with Sicilian melanzane (aubergines) making their appearance.

Most of the meals are heartily meaty and glutinous, though there are exceptions: a vegetarian recipe makes an appearance, alongside a non-glutinous dessert using almond flour. Other dishes could probably be adapted to suit needs such as these in many cases.

The resaon I have given this a two is because of the editing! There are basic spelling mistakes, whole sentences appear to be left out, and the order in which the instructions are given appear to be totally mixed up! Not sure if this is sometimes down to an issue with the software, but the effect of all this was to impede understanding, which could be frustrating. Otherwise the subject material was great, and an excellent resource for those who wish to experiment with this most popular and tasty cuisine, with all its regional specialities.
I’d like to preface this by saying that I am Italian born and bred, and lived exclusively in Italy until the age of 18, before moving abroad.
I love cookbooks, and looking at ones featuring Italian cuisine can be a treat or an exercise  in frustration, as the worldwide popularity of Italian dishes and flavors has led to some very non-authentic recipes.

This book however was a pleasure to browse through, with beautiful pictures and lots of simple recipes in their authentic form, including the ingredients Italian would use. It’s a really wonderful introduction to Italian cooking for anyone who would like to replicate the flavors they might enjoy in any trattoria, but mostly without major, labor-intensive preparation.
I was especially glad to see the clarification of how Bolognese differentiates from everyday ragù, as that isn’t a well known fact outside of Italy.

Well done to the author for staying so true to her roots while also choosing such an approachable selection of delicious, basic, traditional recipes that pretty much anyone can make — this would make a great gift to newbies or experienced cooks alike.
Ever since my husband and I honeymooned in Italy, the country and its food has had a special place in my heart. #PurelyItalianAcookbook is a great collection of authentic, approachable Italian recipes. It calls for the fresh, quality ingredients that seem in line with the Italian meals I loved during my travels. It focuses on quality ingredients over a quantity of ingredients. I like how this cookbook is organized with the difficulty level and prep time listed before each recipe. I also enjoyed reading the description/background paragraph on the dishes.  I think many of these recipes will become staples in my house.

To be fair i was a little disappointed with this book.  I love Italian food as does my family.  Unfortunately, this book offered me nothing new.  The recipes were simple and easy to follow.  But the photography looked dated and there wasn't a great range of recipes.
My advice would be if you already have Italian cookbook then don't bother.  If however it's your first then it is a good one to start with.
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for the opportunity to read this ARC.
The photos in this book are beautiful and many of the recipes seem tempting to make.  However, the measurements don’t work well for American cooks and there are many typos throughout.  Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
As an International woman living in Italy I can say that the recipes that were written in this book are as real as they can be.  What I find interesting is that the author has used the tried and tested recipes that Italians use in every day cooking.  I would highly recommend this book to my American and International friends worldwide.
I was very disappointed to see that all of the measurements were in the metric system.  American cooks want American measurements.  Sorry, we're just picky that way.  If you have to dig out a conversion kit to figure out each little ingredient and how much to add... meh, it's too much of a bother.  Hopefully, this will be converted for the American audience.
I adore Italian food and I'm always looking for cool and simple recipes to add to my ever growing collection. This is a solid addition to any kitchen as it offers versatile (and yummy) dishes!

I would like to thank the publisher and netgalley for providing me a free copy in exchange for an honest review.
Lots of pasta sauces, I did get a really good pesto. Well organized with great photos that help out a lot because the food names are very Italian so you need the photos to know what it is.
This Italian cuisine e-cookbook is a delight. Not only does it include beautiful photos of the recipes, easy-to-follow directions, a notation about the costs of preparation and about difficulty of recipe, it also includes a brief, but fascinating, history of the origins of each dish. This feature gives the reader a glimpse into Italian culture and history that alone would make this book worth purchasing. Two caveats, however, for American buyers; at least the edition that I received as an advance copy, does not include oven temperatures in Fahrenheit and most measurements are in grams. However, given one can easily use the Internet to convert Celsius to Fahrenheit, etc, this should not cause too much inconvenience. For vegetarian and vegan cooks, this book includes multiple main dishes and soups that work for you, and many more recipes that easily could be made either vegetarian or vegan. Although I wish the book had included nutritional information, it is still a great addition for anyone interested in traditional Italian cuisine.
I am looking for good recipes that I can start cooking at home and I found this book to be something I wanted to try. This book was just what I was looking for and found it easy to follow.  I do think if you are looking to start cooking more Italian dishes at home then this is a good book to start with.