Purely Italian. A cookbook

30 Fast and delicious recipes to let you cook like an Italian (Italian Recipes and not only. Easy and quick way to impress your guests. Book 3)

Pub Date 20 Mar 2021 | Archive Date 17 May 2021

Talking about this book? Use #PurelyItalianAcookbook #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Welcome, or rather benvenuti, to this journey into Italian cuisine.

In Italy, food is the main topic of conversation (after football, for men).

Italian restaurants and Italian food have conquered the whole planet. However this incredible success has also led us to lose touch with traditional recipes, as they are still prepared in Italy.

Welcome, or rather benvenuti, to this journey into Italian cuisine.

In Italy, food is the main topic of conversation (after football, for men).

In my experience, I’ve seen very few people in the...

Advance Praise

Aida

5.0 out of 5 stars

The best recipe book I have seen

Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 22 March 2021

Verified Purchase

Absolutely love it. I love to cook and sometimes I check out new recipe books for inspiration. I can tell you that this is the best I have seen. This book has its own welcoming atmosphere. It feels so cosy. You just want to get up and start cooking all of the recipes right now. Totally recommend."

Aida

5.0 out of 5 stars

The best recipe book I have seen

Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 22 March 2021

Verified Purchase

Date reviewed/posted: April 17, 2021 Publication date: March 20, 2021 When life for the entire galaxy and planet has turned on its end, you are continuing to #maskup and #lockdown to be in #COVID19 #socialisolation as the #thirdwave ( #fourthwave #fifthwave?) is upon us, superspeed readers like me can read 300+ pages/hour, so yes, I have read the book … and many more today. I requested and received a temporary digital Advance Reader Copy of this book from #NetGalley, the publisher and the author in exchange for an honest review. From the publisher, as I do not repeat the contents or story of books in reviews, I let them do it as they do it better than I do 😸. Welcome, or rather Benvenuti, to this journey into Italian cuisine. In Italy, food is the main topic of conversation (after football, for men). In my experience, I’ve seen very few people in the world discussing food during dinner. This passion for eating well is widespread in the bel Paese. It’s also the source of heated disputes between villages, which causes a lot of variety in some of the world’s most renowned recipes. Italian restaurants and Italian food have conquered the whole planet. However, this incredible success has also led us to lose touch with traditional recipes, as they are still prepared in Italy. This book is a celebration of Italian cuisine. As you will see, Italian food isn’t hard to cook, allowing even a beginner to produce great meals with little effort. My husband loves Italian food - that is, Spaghetti and Meatballs and garlic bread which no real Italian restaurant would serve to people anywhere...just ask Joe Bastianich his opinion on that. (lol with an eye roll...) This is the 3rd book in a series and it is a very small book - just 74 pages - but I wish that it was a bigger book as there are some great recipes in here and there could be a lot more, especially as I am one of the few people on the planet that does not like pasta. The recipes are well written and understandable by cooks of all levels and the photos make the food very appealing to myself and other lovers of food out there. What I especially love about the book is that it uses mostly whole ingredients instead of pre-prepared and packaged foods. I do draw the line at making my own cheese beyond a quickly-made mozzarella, and canning tomatoes but the more "ingredients" you use the better. My one nephew says that I never have any food in my house, only ingredients --- that is why I cook so much. I also refuse to eat or cook with Frankenfoods such as "chick'n" and its 88 ingredients vs. 🐔chicken🐔 having one and cheese that does not come from an animal is udder nonsense!) As always, I try to find a reason to not rate with stars as I simply adore emojis (outside of their incessant use by "🙏-ed Social Influencer Millennials/#BachelorNation survivors/Tik-Tok and YouTube Millionaires/snowflakes / literally-like-overusers etc. " on Instagram and Twitter... Get a real job, people!) so let's give it 🍜🍜🍜🍜

I read this ARC for an honest review All thoughts and opinions are mine Being half Italian, I am always looking for inspiration with Italian food This is what I would call a good beginners book with the recipes here. I found it very reminiscent of recipes taught to me by my nonna - highly complimentary I loved the simplicity of the ingredients as this is very much what I was taught growing up. Its all about simple, few, but the best ingredients then you can't go wrong with the results. Its a book I would keep in the background and I think its nice to have these recipes written down unlike lots of my nonnas recipes which are not !!!

I enjoyed reading this cookbook. The directions are easy to follow with ingredients that we may already have in our pantry and there are photos. I cannot wait to try these recipes out! Thank you to NetGalley, the publisher, and author for a gifted copy. This is my honest review.

Excellent Italian cookbook filled with traditional common Italian recipes made with easy to find ingredients. Filled with 30 of the most popular breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert dishes with pictures of each recipe.

Lots of classic Italian recipes in here. Some that I've made before and others that I'd never even heard of. I look forward to trying out the bolognaise recipe and some of the desserts look fantastic. Very nice

I am looking for good recipes that I can start cooking at home and I found this book to be something I wanted to try. This book was just what I was looking for and found it easy to follow. I do think if you are looking to start cooking more Italian dishes at home then this is a good book to start with.

Date reviewed (Canada) - April 17, 2021 Date reviewed (UK) - April 24, 2021 ... I am bi-country on a VPN digital basis at the moment due to #COVID19 Publication date: March 20, 2021 When life for the entire galaxy and planet has turned on its end, you are continuing to #maskup and #lockdown to be in #COVID19 #socialisolation as the #thirdwave ( #fourthwave #fifthwave?) is upon us, superspeed readers like me can read 300+ pages/hour, so yes, I have read the book … and many more today. I requested and received a temporary digital Advance Reader Copy of this book from #NetGalley, the publisher and the author in exchange for an honest review. From the publisher, as I do not repeat the contents or story of books in reviews, I let them do it as they do it better than I do 😸. Welcome, or rather Benvenuti, to this journey into Italian cuisine. In Italy, food is the main topic of conversation (after football, for men). In my experience, I’ve seen very few people in the world discussing food during dinner. This passion for eating well is widespread in the bel Paese. It’s also the source of heated disputes between villages, which causes a lot of variety in some of the world’s most renowned recipes. Italian restaurants and Italian food have conquered the whole planet. However, this incredible success has also led us to lose touch with traditional recipes, as they are still prepared in Italy. This book is a celebration of Italian cuisine. As you will see, Italian food isn’t hard to cook, allowing even a beginner to produce great meals with little effort. My husband loves Italian food - that is, Spaghetti and Meatballs and garlic bread which no real Italian restaurant would serve to people anywhere...just ask Joe Bastianich his opinion on that. (lol with an eye roll...) This is the 3rd book in a series and it is a very small book - just 74 pages - but I wish that it was a bigger book as there are some great recipes in here and there could be a lot more, especially as I am one of the few people on the planet that does not like pasta. The recipes are well written and understandable by cooks of all levels and the photos make the food very appealing to myself and other lovers of food out there. What I especially love about the book is that it uses mostly whole ingredients instead of pre-prepared and packaged foods. I do draw the line at making my own cheese beyond a quickly-made mozzarella, and canning tomatoes but the more "ingredients" you use the better. My one nephew says that I never have any food in my house, only ingredients --- that is why I cook so much. I also refuse to eat or cook with Frankenfoods such as "chick'n" and its 88 ingredients vs. 🐔chicken🐔 having one and cheese that does not come from an animal is udder nonsense!) As always, I try to find a reason to not rate with stars as I simply adore emojis (outside of their incessant use by "🙏-ed Social Influencer Millennials/#BachelorNation survivors/Tik-Tok and YouTube Millionaires/snowflakes / literally-like-overusers etc. " on Instagram and Twitter... Get a real job, people!) so let's give it 🍜🍜🍜🍜

As an International woman living in Italy I can say that the recipes that were written in this book are as real as they can be. What I find interesting is that the author has used the tried and tested recipes that Italians use in every day cooking. I would highly recommend this book to my American and International friends worldwide.

Lots of pasta sauces, I did get a really good pesto. Well organized with great photos that help out a lot because the food names are very Italian so you need the photos to know what it is.

Ever since my husband and I honeymooned in Italy, the country and its food has had a special place in my heart. #PurelyItalianAcookbook is a great collection of authentic, approachable Italian recipes. It calls for the fresh, quality ingredients that seem in line with the Italian meals I loved during my travels. It focuses on quality ingredients over a quantity of ingredients. I like how this cookbook is organized with the difficulty level and prep time listed before each recipe. I also enjoyed reading the description/background paragraph on the dishes. I think many of these recipes will become staples in my house. Thank you to #NetGalley and #BooksGoSocial for this ARC in exchange for my honest review.

What a gorgeous cover! The same can be said about the pictures throughout the book... just wonderful. Nice title and I’ll eat anything Italian! What did I like? I love Italian food.... hands down my favorite kind of food to eat. From margherita pizza to the famous tiramisu dessert, this book shows you an easy but beloved take on some Italian dishes. Great pictures, easy recipes, and delicious food! Would I recommend or buy? I’d love a copy for my shelf. Purely Italian for some Italian lovers. Anyone looking for some authentic but easy recipes will love this cookbook! I received a complimentary copy to read and voluntarily left a review! An easy five stars!

I love Italian food, and this book is such a great collection of recipes! Vivid images and helpful descriptions make it easy for all to attempt. I received a complimentary copy from the publisher via NetGalley and all opinions expressed are my own, freely given.

I am so exciting about picking this book in particular since I love cooking and I can't do if I don't have instructions to follow. Pure Italian is perfect for me because its easy enough for me to experiment and know it'll turn out good. I've tried a few of the recipies here but never in the way its shown here so I'm going to try them the Pure Italian way. Not only I'm excited to have this cookbook with me but there is more than pasta here! Now, watch me make amazing recepies and enjoy them all on my own. By the way, my favorite part of this cookbook was the dessert pages. I'm excited to try those as well. Thanks to Netgalley for the change to get this book in exchange for a free book.

Beautiful pictures and easy to follow recipes. I really liked the history and stories that went along withe each recipe. Good basic Italian cookbook

I’d like to preface this by saying that I am Italian born and bred, and lived exclusively in Italy until the age of 18, before moving abroad. I love cookbooks, and looking at ones featuring Italian cuisine can be a treat or an exercise in frustration, as the worldwide popularity of Italian dishes and flavors has led to some very non-authentic recipes. This book however was a pleasure to browse through, with beautiful pictures and lots of simple recipes in their authentic form, including the ingredients Italian would use. It’s a really wonderful introduction to Italian cooking for anyone who would like to replicate the flavors they might enjoy in any trattoria, but mostly without major, labor-intensive preparation. I was especially glad to see the clarification of how Bolognese differentiates from everyday ragù, as that isn’t a well known fact outside of Italy. Well done to the author for staying so true to her roots while also choosing such an approachable selection of delicious, basic, traditional recipes that pretty much anyone can make — this would make a great gift to newbies or experienced cooks alike.

Italian cookbooks are my favorite, and this one does not disappoint. Easy to follow directions.. A great variety of recipes for beginners and more experienced cooks. I am looking forward to adding some of these to my meal rotation. A great book to have on hand. Thank you to #NetGalley and #BooksGoSocial for this ARC in exchange for my honest review. #PurelyItalianAcookbook #NetGalley

Almost everyone appreciates family recipes from their friends – recipes that always work and are delicious. Purely Italian. A cookbook: 30 Fast and delicious recipes to let you cook like an Italian (Italian Recipes and not only. Easy and quick way to impress your guests. Book 3 by Catarina Papadia is one such cookbook. While the cookbook contains only 30 recipes, the recipes Papadia has chosen are recipes that most of us want to master and serve to our families. While some of the recipes are not the most popular ones that we eat regularly at Italian restaurants, the book contains lots of favorites. All of the recipes are fairly easy to prepare, and cooks, whether beginning or advanced can create picture perfect dishes with an Italian flair. This cookbook also includes some beautiful photographs, which is one of the most important aspects of a good cookbook. Papadia has also included notes at the beginning of each recipe, giving the history of the dish, or helpful hints on making and serving. This is very helpful and a welcome addition to the book. The recipes are very tempting, and my queue for choosing new recipes gets longer the more I peruse the book. Anyone who loves Italian (and who doesn’t), will love cooking from this cookbook. The author doesn’t try to make it harder than it is, and the recipes are written in such a way that insures success. This cookbook is highly recommended.

Beautiful photos tantalize the reader making them long for each recipe. The recipes seem easy to follow and delicious outcome.

I love Italian cooking which was why I was so excited to get a chance to review the cookbook, Purely Italian by Caterina Papadia. The recipes amounts are in grams, but I found it easy to convert to US measurements with the help of the internet. Some of the ingredients themselves are not what we are use to here in the US. An example is mince meat which is basically ground beef. There is a mix up of Italian and English in the cookbook, but nothing that would be difficult to figure out. Each recipe has a history of the dish. Then the name of the recipe is in Italian and English. The rest of the information includes difficulty level, preparation, servings, cost, ingredients, and instructions. There are nice pics of the recipes and a good combination of simple to more involved recipes. When I review a cookbook, I like to try a recipe from the book so I can see if the instructions and information about the dish equal what you end up with. I decided to make Cotoletta alla Palermitana which is (Palermo Style Cutlets). Instead of fried, these were baked and quite tasty. The chicken was tender and this recipe was quick and easy. The instructions were easy to follow and very precise. Thank you to BooksGoSocial, Caterina Papadia, and NetGalley for the opportunity to read this 4-star cookbook. My review is voluntary and all opinions and comments are my own.

The photos in this book made me hungry! Now I'm craving Italian food. The recipes look easy to make and I can't wait to try some of them! I received a free digital copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review

If you like Italian food, this book is a must have, the recipes are easy to follow, easy to make and the end result is beautiful, tasty Italian food. Many of the recipes remind me of my childhood - my favorite being "Frittata di Spaghetti', how I love the fried leftover pasta fried in butter and olive oil with lots of parmigano _ the recipe in the book is a little more adventurous but still wonderful Love this book - great recipes, easy and tasty.

Really enjoyed this and got lots of inspiration to try new things! Well put together and easy to follow!

An easy to follow, enjoyable cookbook of Italian recipes. After hosting an Italian exchange student, who was an outstanding chef, and then visiting her and her family and tasting their cooking, I am totally hooked on Italian cuisine. Unfortunately, while we were there, her nonna's English was nonexistent, and she never measured anything, so we were unable to write down her recipes. But...not to worry....many of them are in this book! Oh, there will now be many happy days of feasting on delicious food, thanks to the author!

I absolutely love pasta, it's been my biggest craving while pregnant. So to have this in my back pocket has been an absolute life saver. I've gotten to try some recipes I've never tried before and to actually have authentic homemade Italian recipes!

I received a gifted copy of this book to read in exchange for an honest review via netgalley and the publishers. Purely Italian is a beautiful tribute to authentic Italian food and dishes! This book seems to stress the importance of fresh, quality ingredients and I loved the organisation and set up of this book. The recipes are all labelled with difficulty rating and prep time and accompanied by information about each dish such as the background/story behind it. I look forward to trying some of these dishes as Italian food, especially authentic Italian food is just divine!