Cover Image: Purely Italian. A cookbook

Purely Italian. A cookbook

I received a gifted copy of this book to read in exchange for an honest review via netgalley and the publishers.

Purely Italian is a beautiful tribute to authentic Italian food and dishes!
This book seems to stress the importance of fresh, quality ingredients and I loved the organisation and set up of this book. The recipes are all labelled with difficulty rating and prep time and accompanied by information about each dish such as the background/story behind it.
I look forward to trying some of these dishes as Italian food, especially authentic Italian food is just divine!
I absolutely love pasta, it's been my biggest craving while pregnant. So to have this in my back pocket has been an absolute life saver. I've gotten to try some recipes I've never tried before and to actually have authentic homemade Italian recipes!
It's not a bad cookbook and the recipes are nice, but in this day and age, when you can get a recipe from a blog online, a cookbook has to offer something more. Unfortunately this cookbook lacks personality and it's quite honestly boring, even though the recipes were up my alley.
Purely Italian is as the title an Italian cookery book.

It has three main sets of recipes:
- Main Pasta & Pizza (15)
- Main (10)
- Desserts (5)

Each recipe has metric measurements and unusually comes with a cost estimate of Low or Medium.  Also included are timings, but they are vague as the recipe might just say "Long"!  Each recipe had a colour photograph to accompany it and how many people it serves.

Because I had a kindle version of this book, it was a little hard to follow as the formatting hadn't quite worked.as the ingredients were interspersed with the steps.

I received this book from Netgalley in return for an honest review.
An easy to follow, enjoyable cookbook of Italian recipes. After hosting an Italian exchange student, who was an outstanding chef, and then visiting her and her family and tasting their cooking, I am totally hooked on Italian cuisine. Unfortunately, while we were there, her nonna's English was nonexistent, and she never measured anything, so we were unable to write down her recipes. But...not to worry....many of them are in this book! Oh, there will now be many happy days of feasting on delicious food, thanks to the author!
Really enjoyed this and got lots of inspiration to try new things! Well put together and easy to follow!
If you like Italian food, this book is a must have, the recipes are easy to follow, easy to make and the end result is beautiful, tasty Italian food. Many of the recipes remind me of my childhood - my favorite being "Frittata di Spaghetti', how I love the fried leftover pasta fried in butter and olive oil with lots of parmigano _ the recipe in the book is a little more adventurous but still wonderful
Love this book - great recipes, easy and tasty.
I loved the pasta dishes in this, although nothing mind blowing and that one couldn’t improvise the recipes serve as a reminder as to what’s possible with basic ingredients.
This is a very short cookbook with very traditional recipes. Unfortunately the formatting, translations, editing and proofing all need a bunch of work.
The formatting is a little weird in the eARC I received, however with a little work, I was able to decipher most of the recipes which look like they will be delicious. The accompanying pictures are gorgeous, and each recipe is preceded by an interesting descriptive paragraph. I love Italian food, and so am looking forward to trying some of these. (Also, please note that the measurements are given in grams and liters so American cooks may need to convert.)
Unfortunately due to the format of this book I was unable to read it either in the app or on my kindle.
The photos in this book made me hungry! Now I'm craving Italian food. The recipes look easy to make and I can't wait to try some of them! I received a free digital copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review
I love Italian cooking which was why I was so excited to get a chance to review the cookbook, Purely Italian by Caterina Papadia.

The recipes amounts are in grams, but I found it easy to convert to US measurements with the help of the internet.  Some of the ingredients themselves are not what we are use to here in the US.  An example is mince meat which is basically ground beef.  There is a mix up of Italian and English in the cookbook, but nothing that would be difficult to figure out.

Each recipe has a history of the dish.  Then the name of the recipe is in Italian and English.  The rest of the information includes difficulty level, preparation, servings, cost, ingredients, and instructions.  There are nice pics of the recipes and a good combination of simple to more involved recipes.

When I review a cookbook, I like to try a recipe from the book so I can see if the instructions and information about the dish equal what you end up with.  I decided to make Cotoletta alla Palermitana which is (Palermo Style Cutlets).  Instead of fried, these were baked and quite tasty.  The chicken was tender and this recipe was quick and easy.   The instructions were easy to follow and very precise.

Thank you to BooksGoSocial, Caterina Papadia, and NetGalley for the opportunity to read this 4-star cookbook.  My review is voluntary and all opinions and comments are my own.
The title here is completely fitting: straightforward classic Italian recipes. The photographs look like you could eat them directly from your device. Unfortunately, there is some poor translating going on here (or better editing and proofreading necessary), and the format is a little unfriendly from an American point of view--maybe I'm too spoiled by Taste of Home and the Foot Network. Though not a substantial book and with its flaws, Purely Italian is still work a look.
Potentially a good Italian cookbook although nothing original as the recipes can be found in other Italian cookbooks but as an introduction it is good.  Good colour photography accompany each recipe.  My real problem was the format (I downloaded on kindle/phone and computer) and why I say potentially, the lines were all muddled up plus numerous typos so not sure what stage this book is at and obviously there are download issues.  There was a short history of each dish just after the photo which didn't seem muddled and provided an interesting background.  So, I shall stick at 3 stars and accept the final book is maybe worth a go.
The book comprises 30 quite traditional Italian recipes and cooks them from scratch. Ingredients easy to source.  Excellent so far.. My problem was that it seemed more like a poor translation of Nonna's cook book and really should have had a good edit before it was published in English. Thanks to NetGalley and BooksGoSocial for an advance copy in exchange for my honest review.
Beautiful photos tantalize the reader making them long for each recipe. The recipes seem easy to follow and delicious outcome.
Almost everyone appreciates family recipes from their friends – recipes that always work and are delicious. Purely Italian. A cookbook: 30 Fast and delicious recipes to let you cook like an Italian (Italian Recipes and not only. Easy and quick way to impress your guests. Book 3
by Catarina Papadia is one such cookbook. While the cookbook contains only 30 recipes, the recipes Papadia has chosen are recipes that most of us want to master and serve to our families. While some of the recipes are not the most popular ones that we eat regularly at Italian restaurants, the book contains lots of favorites. All of the recipes are fairly easy to prepare, and cooks, whether beginning or advanced can create picture perfect dishes with an Italian flair.

This cookbook also includes some beautiful photographs, which is one of the most important aspects of a good cookbook. Papadia has also included notes at the beginning of each recipe, giving the history of the dish, or helpful hints on making and serving. This is very helpful and a welcome addition to the book. The recipes are very tempting, and my queue for choosing new recipes gets longer the more I peruse the book.

Anyone who loves Italian (and who doesn’t), will love cooking from this cookbook. The author doesn’t try to make it harder than it is, and the recipes are written in such a way that insures success. This cookbook is highly recommended.
Being of Italian background myself, I am drawn to Italian cookbooks when they promise to be traditional/authentic.  It's the "old" recipes I'm after. Caterina Papadia hit the mark there. I appreciate her hunt for the tried and true and love that she included a short background note in each recipe.
As for the recipe spread, I would have liked to see a little more balance. This is a pasta heavy book. I realize pasta is the most popular Italian food, nor am I looking for health food here, but I would have liked to see a little more variety (perhaps some appetizers, soups, more sides, etc.). Some of the photos in this book were great (especially those in the desert section), others lacked a professional feel.
Overall, this book has good bones, but could use a little more refinement.

I received a complimentary copy of this book. All opinions expressed are my own.
3.5 stars.  The pictures look great and the recipes easy to follow.  I was reading this first on my kindle, and moved to my ipad when the format was working for me...in between the ingredients were the instructions.  So that was a bummer.  Other than that, this is a recipe book that I'll definitely keep on hand as I love pasta!

Thank you Booksgosocial and NetGalley for the arc of this book!  Can't wait to try the recipes.