Cover Image: Lady in Black

Lady in Black

So I had no idea this was part of a MUCH longer series, so I've stopped reading (as things weren't making sense at all) and gone back to read the earlier books first - and I DO like his writing and this world. But dont try to read it as a stand-alone, it just doesn't hold up to that.
Really enjoyed this entry into the Black Series. The hits just keeping coming for Jimmy and the gang, cant wait for the next book.

These have human faults and continuing to grow in their new roles in the supernatural world.

Recommend this series all the time.
Even if it's less light than the previous books it's an entertaining and gripping read.
Good world building, solid mystery and was happy to catch up with the characters.
Recommended.
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinions are mine
When the author called this book the penultimate of the series he wasn't kidding. Wow! It's all been leading up to not only this story, but the last books of the series. Jimmy has to come to some realizations about his role as Master of the City. Along with his most trusted, he is hunting a dangerous killer who is putting everyone and everything they hold dear at risk. Greg is also settling into his leadership role and fans will appreciate it. When the killer is revealed you may not be stunned but it definitely runs you through an emotional rollercoaster. I couldn't put it down and the ending had me chomping at the bit for the next book. It is the beginning of the end and while I hate to see this series go, I can't wait to ride the ride!
I was looking for a light, fun UF read after reading a lot of mysteries.  There's also a mystery in this book, who is the lady in black? The book wasn't as light or fun as I recall some of the earlier ones in this series (it's been a while since I've read one).  However, you're not going to finish the book horribly depressed.

The blurb for the book pretty much spells out what to expect with his usual cast of friends popping up to assist.

The previous books have kind of being heading towards what finally begins here, Jimmy is truly realizing he is failing at being the Master of the City and has to start re-evaluating his path from here.  I hope the next book follows through because I think it would be very interesting.

I received my copy from Netgalley in exchange for my honest review.