Cover Image: What hurts the most

What hurts the most

What Hurts the Most by Willow Rose is the first book in the Mary Mills series. Mary has just gotten fired from her reporter job for the New York Times when her dad calls to tell her that her brother has been arrested for murder. Mary heads home to clear his name. Now her old school friends are being murdered. In order to solve the murders, she must face issues from her past. A fast-paced novel full of intrigue, plenty of twists and turns and a very surprising ending. I can’t wait to read the next in the series. Thanks to NetGalley and Buoy Media for this free eARC.
Sorry but this book just wasn’t for me, I’ve tried a few times to get in to it, but can’t. There are too much going on and I found it confusing.
This is the second series I’ve started to read from Willow Rose and I enjoyed this book…..it’s a 3.5 star read for me. I found the first few chapters a bit confusing and lacking more in-depth writing . I found as I read on  the writing evolved more and my interest peaked and I enjoyed the book more. A great murder mystery book and I am looking forward to reading the remainder of the Mary Mills series.

I voluntarily received a free copy from NetGalley and all opinions are my own .

I would recommend this book and the series to my friends and family and my book clubs.
I have voluntarily reviewed an advanced copy of What Hurts the Most by Willow Rose that I received from NetGalley. All views expressed are my honest opinion. This is the first book in a new series. I previously read all of Willow’s Eva Ray Thomas books and loved them. This book was also well written and very hard to put down. I cannot believe how many twists were in this story. Just when the reader thinks they know what happened, the author totally blindsides them.

This book features Mary Mills who returns after 20 years to her hometown of Cocoa Beach. Her father calls and lets her know her brother has been arrested for murder. She returns with her 9 year old son and faithful dog. She reunites with her group of friends from back in the day, including her estranged husband Joey. We discover there appears to be a serial killer on the loose. Through backstory we eventually piece together stories from everyone’s past and catch up with what is going on in current days. I find Mary and Joey and their friends to be genuine and likable. I really enjoyed this book and give it 5 stars. I will soon be reading the second book in this series.
A great read that had me captivated from the first page to the last!

I voluntarily reviewed this book.
I'm a huge Willow Rose Fan, and this was my first read of the Mary Mills series.  When Mary loses her job in NYC she returns to the place where most of Willow's characters reside:  Cocoa Beach, Florida.  Seems her brother has been arrested for murder, and their father implores Mary to come back and help.  There are lots of twists and turns in the story to keep you wanting to turn the next page... and the next on... and the next one...
I usually really like Willow Rose books but this one just wasn't for me.. There were a lot of characters to try and keep track of, and at times it got confusing. I had to reread some paragraphs a few times. I didn't fully love all the characters either. I'm not sure why but I couldn't really connect with Mary.

I did like the dual timelines and how we went back and forth. I didn't call the twists either.  I'll still read more of her books.
3.5 Stars
This is my continuing enjoyment of this series.

Willow Rose has created a series that will keep you interested.
What Hurts the Most, by Willow Rose. What an amazing ending for this nail biting, page gripping suspense thriller. Mary was fantastic with her investigating abilities. I normally don’t read books that involve investigative reporters. Don’t ask me why.
But it was something about this book that pulled me in to read it. Maybe it was the authors name that is so original and unique, with a bit of mystery about it, or could it be the title of the book? It could be a collaboration of them both. All that I can say is, that the psychological suspense was very powerful in this story. Just when I thought that the story would lead me down the path to a person who I thought was pulling the strings, I would be directed over to someone else who holds another peace to the puzzle.
I’m very interested to know who the General is. I thought it was a certain person, but I was clearly wrong as that person was incapacitated. The book most definitely is a page turner. I found myself staying up late trying figure out who the General was. I liked that Mary had a number people to rely on in the story.
All the characters made some type of contributions to help Mary in her investigation. I have to say one character really had me scared. Her name is AK. That woman… oh wow! Talk about someone needing some calming medication.
That woman was a well built Tasmanian devil that the military let loose! I found all the suspense very exciting as well as the action jaw dropping. The flashbacks and flash forwards helped explain reasons of why the story was taking the direction a certain way. I thought that this style made the book even more better. It was like you were holding a secret that some characters didn’t have and when it came time for the secret to be exposed, you found yourself surprised and shouting what the heck at the shock of it all.
I so look forward to the next book that comes out. I give this book two snaps and a, Mary, its time to take up some self protection classes. Until next time my fellow readers… read on!
This book pulls the reader in, and keeps you glued until the end.  I enjoyed the roller coaster ride and can't get enough of this talented author.  Recommended for anyone who loves a good read.
It wouldn't hurt to do a little research if you're going to write a book or you have key characters who are military. There's a big difference between the Air Force and Army. Air Force members don't call themselves soldiers. You don’t see a lot of Airmen at the shooting range.
I'm sure someone as sick in the head as Liz would have been found out and kicked out for her stunts. The story is good, but it irritates me when easily verifiable facts are wrong, even in fiction.
Furthermore, heart surgery was done on babies in the 70s, even newborns, so that part isn't accurate either.
Though it's a good story and I wasn't sure what was going to happen until the end.
Book 1 of the series and I already want more. So this series is off to excellent start. And who doesn’t love a strong female lead? I know I do. The twists and turns will leave your head spinning. This is my first book from this author so I did’t know what to expect. I was surprised in the best possible way. There are lots of characters so you might need to pay attention to this one. You will love it though.
This is the second Willow Rose story that I have read and I enjoyed it more than the first one. It was a fast paced thriller with interesting characters and a well thought out plot. I will continue to read her books.
At  first I wasn’t sure if I was going to like this as there were so many storylines going at the same time, but in the end, they all tied together perfectly and suddenly everything made sense. I didn’t expect the ending at all. All in all I really enjoyed it once I was able to get over everything being thrown at me all at once it felt like
A bit more violent than I like. The plot moves logically but the different time lines get confusing once in awhile. The conclusion is satisfying if a bit out of left field
Thank you netgalley and the publisher for this arc
I thought I had read all the Willow Rose books and then she surprises me with this.  I just read this in one setting it was so intense.  Now I have to investigate more as the ending was left in such a way that it can go either way.

I will say for this author she never disappoints.

I was given a free copy by the publishers and netgalley but the review is entirely my own.
This is the start of a new series by Willow Rose and wow what a start, i really enjoyed this book it had great characters and a fab story line full of twists and turns that keep you enthralled to the end.  I read this in 2 sittings and can’t wait for the next book.  This was the first book i’ve read by this author and will definitely checking out her other books, while waiting for the second instalment.
Thank you NetGalley for the copy in return for an honest review.
I almost gave up on this book due to all the jumping back and forth in time and the introduction of so many characters. It was often confusing and hard to keep up with. Mary Mills loses her job, hears from her estranged father that her brother has been arrested for murder, packs up her son and heads back to Cocoa Beach, Florida. Mary vows to prove her brother innocent and enlists the help of several former friends, along with her ex. A story of revenge, family dynamics, second chances, healing, loss, and forgiveness. There are numerous crimes and villains, a lot of twists and turns, and a surprise ending.

I was given an advance copy by NetGalley. This review is my honest opinion.
There is a lot of different people, with each their own storyline - I'll be honest, I was confused at first.

But as I kept reading, a complex and disturbing plot unfolded before me.

This is one of those books that leaves you speechless... I don't really know how to explain it, except to say OMG, what a plot twist (which happened more than once!)

If you are into mysteries at all, you really should pick this one up!
Review featured at www.books-n-kisses.com

This came back up on NetGalley and I thought it might be a good chance to be introduced to a new author but I am just not sure. The story was interesting but there were soooooo many inaccuracies that it drove me a bit crazy. The whole Army/Air Force thing was so inaccurate that I found myself getting mad at the author.

I also had a hard time with the description of the murders. There was so much gore that honestly was not necessary. I was pleasantly surprised that I was not sure of the ending which is why I gave it three stars.

I requested another couple of books from NetGalley by this author so I will give them a try but I am not thinking I found my next fav author.

Disclaimer:
I received a complimentary copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.