Cover Image: Meet Me in Madrid - PREVIEW

Meet Me in Madrid - PREVIEW

I read a preview of Meet Me in Madrid, and I have to say, I want to keep reading!

I love a reunion trope, a trope where someone is reunited with a crush. I love a romance in an exotic location, and occasionally one where you don’t have to wait long to get to the business, and this one checks all the boxes.

Happenstance and career bring these two together and I can’t wait to see what else Mother Nature has up her sleeves during this snowstorm!

There were moments when I had trouble figuring out if the narrator was following Charlotte or Adrianna, but I usually could go back a paragraph or two to figure it out.
I really liked the premise of this book - past college acquaintances thrown together for a few days half way around the world. I suppose I didn't feel much chemistry between the two characters, at least not enough to capture my interest. It seems to be based of of they were attracted to each other before but I'd like to see some sparks flying. Perhaps more details leading up to the intimate scenes would have captured it for me.
I loved this so much more than I thought I would from the blurb! The first four chapters have left me wanting more and I am definitely interesting in reading the entire novel. A sapphic snowed-in romance? Sign me up! What I've read so far is sexy, smart, and fun, and contemporary romance readers will love this.

Thank you Carina Press and NetGalley for the chance to read this preview in exchange for my honest review.
The first four chapters of this book instantly hooked me! The characters are charming and intriguing and the way they interact leaves me wanting to read more of the book. I also really appreciate that even though it's early on in the book, they're having important discussions of racism in the workplace. I can't wait to read the full book and see what happens next! Thank you to NetGalley for this preview.
Thank you netgalley for the preview of these 4 chapters.

I, quite honestly, didn't enjoy these first 4 chapters as much as I expected after reading the description. There was an unbearable ammount of info-dumping with no actual rythm, just clear, heavy exposation that gave me a headache. The paragraphs were quite long, and tiring to get through with how much new information you had to take in all at once. It makes everything confunsing, and all my excitement went out the drain.

The author is clearly experienced in the art scene, which is visible in both the writing and the themes. Our main characters were interesting women with a clear attraction to each other, but I don't think I'll stick to the actual thing mostly because I don't like the writing that much. Me and this book just aren't on the same page, and that's fine. I'd still recommend it to any romance enjoyer.
Chapter 1-4 certainly gave me a taste of what’s to come.
Looking forward to reading more from this author
This preview got me HOOKED, I’m so glad I was approved to read the whole book!
Thank you to Netgalley for this arc book preview in exchange for an honest review.
Thank you to NetGalley for the preview of this book! The main characters are both very mature and I liked the discussions about racism and sexism. It has more descriptions than dialogue for sure, but it's so well done that it paints a very lively picture. I really enjoyed reading these first four chapters and I will definitely be on the lookout for the full story!
Thank you NetGalley for the preview of this book. I REALLY enjoyed the first four chapters. The women are intelligent and mature. Issues such as race and sexism where discussed in a natural and thoughtful manner which I enjoyed. While only a teaser of the book, it did not disappoint on the steam. I am already attached and rooting for this relationship. I am so excited for the release of this debut from Verity Lowell!
I really enjoyed this book. The characters were intelligent, career women and the chemistry was well done. It was also very honest and insightful, and maybe even instructive as to how to deal with racism and sexism in the workplace. Highly recommend.
This preview of MEET ME IN MADRID is charming! I love Verity Lowell's voice. She's crafted two incredibly compelling characters in Charlotte and Adrianna. I can't wait to find out what happens next in their story.

Thank you NetGalley, Carina Press (Carina Adores), and Verity Lowell for the chance to read this preview.