Cover Image: Blackout

Blackout

When Allie Castillo wakes up after a terrible car accident, with head injuries and zero recollection of who she is or what happened, one thing haunts the edges of her mind: the crash may not have been an accident.
This was such a fast paced, easy to read mystery\thriller. It was quite deep and makes me want to relate to the character to see what i would do in their shoes.Her body still bruised, she returns to a life she doesn’t recall, to a house that’s unfamiliar, and to a family that doesn’t feel like her own.
This read made me doubt everyone of the characters, which made it a fast read as i really wanted to get to the end to see the conclusion.
hopefully allie will make better choices in the future.
the ending hurt me so good.. again

these characters (2) have stolen my heart for so long that i can't believe i have my own copy in my hands. the setting provokes me to go to pender falls and have a walk by the woods near the clearing when crime counts drop to zero. we got more depth into allie's character (and others as well) and i couldn't love more how flawed and <i>real</i> she is. i just love the way the author writes, i've been following her work since.. forever, it seems, and she's never ceased to amaze me. now i need her other books to get published because i want them all lined up on my shelf.

favorite scene:
"You know," I muse. "You're the only one who always calls me Alina. Why is that?"
"Hm." He runs his fingers down the length of my arm, before murmuring. "I suppose I wanted something that was mine."
A solid, gripping read with a really strong sense of voice and a great rural remote location! I really enjoyed this - it was a very quick read, I literally read half of it in a restaurant!
For those who like quick mystery/thrillers, this one is for you!

I may have finished it in about 3 hours, but that’s because the author kept me wanting more! The author did a great job of keeping the flow going between characters and Maintaining a great storyline without unnecessary text or conversations. Clues here and there really bring this story full circle, full of teen angst and jealousy to make it a great YA read but great for any age that loves to solve thrilling mysteries.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ .5 — I give this 4.5 stars!

Thank you to @wattpadbooks and @netgalley for the ARC!
I would like to thank K Monroe, Wattpad Books and Netgalley for providing an advanced reader copy in exchange of an honest review. Blackout by K Monroe was such an extraordinary book. It has been a few weeks since I have read it and after reflecting I have realized just how good it was. Blackout follows our main character Allie as she wakes up from a car crash with no memory. She soon realizes that before the crash she wasn’t the nicest nor respectable person. She not only now has to piece together her senior year but figure out what dark secrets people are so keen to keep forgotten.  I myself usually don’t pick up small thrillers or mysteries for the fear of being disappointed by a predictable plot and ending, yet something drew me into Blackout and I am glad it did. Blackout leaves you questioning everything and for the majority of the boo feeling like Allie as you figure out not only what the future has in store for her but her scary and dark past. If someone was to hand me Blackout without a writers, publishers name or any other information except the manuscript I would have honestly thought it was a bestseller. I might seem to be over-exaggerating but the way that K Monroe puts her words together and fully immerses you into this world you become so invested so fast. The plot is one that might seem simple after reading it but is far more complex and believable. Once you have read and discovered the joy Blackout is you cannot read it again the same as you will look at every word and character differently. Blackout fully immerses the reader in this true crime-like horror. K Monroe is a very talented writer with the future to become an award-winning horror or thriller author. I look forward to what K Monroe does next and cannot wait to feel so lost and hopeless when immersed in her writing once more.
*Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for this ARC in exchange for my honest review*

I haven't read a YA novel in years, but after reading Blackout, I am asking myself WHY???  This was a very well written mystery that did not fail to deliver.  I love stories based around amnesia and this one did not disappoint!   Can't wait to read more from K. Monroe!
Many thanks to Netgalley and the publisher/author for providing me with an e-copy in exchange for my honest review.

This book was exactly what I wanted it to be! I loved it. I will make sure to check out other books by this author. When I requested this I was just intrigued by the concept of it and I loved how it turned out. This story had a great plot and if you have read this and enjoyed it, This was so much. It was such a great story. I would say give this one a try. I will continue to follow this author. Way to go to this author for not letting me down.
DNF at 61%. I tried to get through blackout but it was just too slow paced for me and felt like it was full of filler instead a building story. In some ways it built but not enough for me to care enough to get to the end. This story wasn't for me.
Really well written but the payoff for the reveal was underwhelming. It was very easy to tell which way the story was going to go, which definitely lets this book down. The ending also seemed a little rushed after the climax too.
I definitely enjoyed this one but it didn't stand out for me. I wasn't immediately captured and didn't feel like I could connect with the plot in general. I think I may need to give this a re-read later.
I have to admit, I love when amnesia is involved in a book. I can't remember if it was R.L. Stine or Christopher Pike who first used it in a book that I read, but ever since I've found myself drawn to books that include amnesia.

In this book, Allie is in a car accident that has caused her to forget her life. Not only must she connect the dots for the life she used to have, she also comes to realize that someone might be out to get her, and she might have been a not so nice person.

I really wanted to like this book, but I sure could not make myself do more than skim it. I wanted to know who was behind Allie's accident, but by the end I kind of didn't care. In fact, I finished this book less than a month ago and I can't even really remember the ending.

Nonetheless, just because I didn't like this book doesn't mean you won't!
I'm not sure what I expected going into Blackout. The synopsis kind of reminded me of If I Stay by Gayle Foreman. So I thought I was going to love it. Unfortunately, it's really slow. And I personally, am not feeling thrillers right now. I've dnfed almost every one I have started lately. I'm not permanently dnfing Blackout. But I am temporarily putting it down to return to and try again later. I'm sure thriller and mystery fans will very much enjoy it.

Thank you for the opportunity to review Blackout.
Real Rating: 3.5/5 Stars

Well, I’d like to say I was blown away by this book, but I wasn’t. It’s not that it was bad; it’s more that it was rather average for the genre and it’s been done before. That’s not to say that I’m not exactly tired of this trope, because I’m not. I love stories having to do with amnesia. I guess that’s because I’ve experienced blackouts of my own, both from vices and from medical causes throughout my life, and reading about the same topic never stops fascinating me.

The book is well-written for the target demographic, though I don’t expect it to transcend that demographic like other books in the same genre and target demographic have over the years. The plot and characterizations are just a bit too juvenile for that.

But for a young adult psychological suspense thriller, it’s an all right read.
This book was okay. Not great, not awful, just middle of the line okay. I was interested enough to keep reading, but at no point was I "omg, I have to know what happens!" The characters were kind of bland, cardboard cutouts, each one hiding something as Allie fought to get her memory back. All in all I wasn't impressed. This book was definitely for the younger side of YA, minus the drinking. 3 stars.
Blackout focuses on a girl who loses her memories in an accident, and returns to her life realising that there's a contrasting difference in the girl she is now and the girl she was before.

I really, really enjoyed this book. The writing was good, in some mystery stories they take quite a bit of build-up in order to get-going, but I was very happy to find this one was fast-paced and intriguing from the get-go.

The characters were interesting, particularly the main character who now has to live her life without her memories and with the knowledge of the girl she was before.

Rated: 4 stars

Thank you to netgallery for letting me review this brilliant mystery!
Thank you to NetGalley and Wattpad Books for the eARC of this book.

I don’t know what I expected going into this book… but that’s mostly because I didn’t read the synopsis. But, I was pleasantly surprised. I don’t read many mysteries/thrillers and I really enjoyed this. It was predictable in some moments and shocking in others, and the characters were written so well! And a big part of the suspense came from how Allie had to navigate her life after getting complete amnesia.

I read this book in about 12 hours, give or take. I couldn’t put it down and it was probably 02:30/03:00 when I finished it. I was so drawn in and I wanted to get to the ending to find out what really happened.

One singular reason, that trumps them all, that you should read this book? That would be Mason. He was by far my favorite character and even though I questioned his intentions a few times (mystery book, what else could I do?) he was really the highlight for me. He was caring and sweet, and the complete opposite of what I thought he would be, but I absolutely adored him.

The only thing that made me rate this book 4/5 stars is the ending. I loved the conclusion to the storyline… but the ending was kind of disappointing. But, I think the ending left it open for more if K Monroe ever decided to write a sequel. I’m holding out hope that she does because I want more Mason.

I really liked this book, and I enjoyed reading it. I would definitely recommend it, especially for those who want a good mystery, especially a mystery with the Amnesia trope.
This was a decent book! I like the main character, but some of the plot and plot twists felt predectible and cliche. It kept me entertained, and I would reccomend it to anyone new to young adult thriller or mystery.
This book will have you hooked from the first page. I can definitely see this becoming a favorite among YA fans. I really enjoyed the storyline and would recommend this one.
I enjoyed the mc despite her past. Love to see the growth. I wish that it went into more depth about the Parker situation and the Damien  situation. Both left me a little confused. Was the Parker thing only one time like he said? Was she only with Damien bc he was obsessed? Hmmm.