Blackout

Pub Date 25 Jan 2022 | Archive Date Not set

Talking about this book? Use #Blackout #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Some secrets are best left forgotten.

When Allie Castillo wakes up after a terrible car accident, with head injuries and zero recollection of who she is or what happened, one thing haunts the edges of her mind: the crash may not have been an accident.

Her body still bruised, she returns to a life she doesn’t recall, to a house that’s unfamiliar, and to a family that doesn’t feel like her own. School is another minefield—her boyfriend wants his girl back, her best friend wants to carry on their old partying ways, and the mysterious guy at the back of the classroom wants nothing more than to unlock the door to her forgotten memories.

As Allie learns about her notorious past, she grows to dislike who she was pre-accident. She’s determined to change, determined not to repeat the same mistakes. But when her life is put in jeopardy once more, Allie realizes that her only chance at survival is to remember who she used to be—even if that means abandoning who she wants to become.

Some secrets are best left forgotten.

ISBN 9781989365731

Send To Kindle (PDF)

This is a great book and I can easily see it becoming a movie. The main character wakes up after an accident puzzled about her life. Can she make a fresh start or should she returned her old life? I couldn’t wait to see what would happen and I wasn’t disappointed.

Thank you Wattpad Books and NetGalley for this gripping compelling story! The writing flowed effortlessly and the story was packed with mystery and twists as it spiralled its way to a compelling climax! Quick paced and what a physiological thrillers this was. So many twists it has your head reeling. Couldn't put this one down until I knew all that was going to happen. I enjoyed the romance that was added to the mix.... But it never took away from the actual story! Loved it!

Ok, let me catch my breath. BlackOut, by K. Monroe is going to be an instant hit. I usually avoid young adult novels but I am so happy I took a chance on this one! I was not in the least bit disappointed . This was also my first book by Monroe, but I assure you, she will be on my radar and I can not wait to see what she has in store for us in the future! What happened to Allie? Why cant she remember anything about that terrible accident? As Allie tries to navigate through the mystery of what happened to her and who she used to be, she soon comes to discover she doesnt really like the person she was. This book had just the right amount of romance to keep it intriguing and had the dual story line we all craved! The character development in this novel was well done, I could visualize exactly what Allie looked like and who she was. I almost caught myself referencing her in real life. This is a made for television type of book, If Netflix or Hulu does not pick this up I would be surprised. I highly recommend Blackout to anyone who enjoys young adult thrillers!

Thank you to Netgalley and Wattpad Books for allowing me to read and review this book! BLACKOUT is about Allie Castillo, a girl who was in a horrible accident causing her to lose her memories. She doesn't remember who she was before the accident, if it was one, her friends or the boyfriend she was previously broken up with wants her back and a mysterious guy wants to try and help her remember. The story was very interesting and I really liked Allie as our MC. I always find stories like this to be a fun and mysterious read, just in time for the Fall season. I liked the characters, the writing is well-written and kept me captivated until the very last page. 4 stars

I really enjoyed this mystery/thriller book a lot. Even though it was a bit predictable it kept me interested until the very end. It was a quick easy read. Thanks to Netgalley and the Publisher for a copy of the arc in return for an honest review!!

Blackout is the story of Allie, who is suffering from amnesia after a horrific car accident. Allie looks put together the pieces of the life she had before, but soon finds that she may not like that person so much. As she attempts to change things for the better, her past starts to creep up on her in the worst way. Blackout is the kind of story where the hits just keep coming. Allie can't remember much of her life before the accident, that's hard enough. But finding out who she was before and that it may not be the greatest person. Ouch. Oh but wait, it just keeps going and going after that. The second half of the book is definitely a trip, and it reaches an I really don't want to put this book down point. Who is lying? Who is telling the truth? Who is still out to get Allie? If you like YA books with a good dose of suspense, give Blackout a read. Thanks to Netgalley and Wattpad Books for this ARC; this is my honest and voluntary review.

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for allowing me to review this title. After a car crash, Allie has amnesia. She has to learn how to navigate the world when even her mother and sister are strangers. As she starts school back and begins to encounter more people, odd dreams and flashes of strange hallucinations begin to haunt her. Are her friends really her friends, or do they have something to hide? This was a quick, engaging little read. I found myself reading it almost compulsively, as though I couldn't put it down. It wasn't the most twisty or shocking novel I've ever read, but enjoyable nonetheless!

📚 Blackout by K. Monroe 📚 DEBUT NOVEL - Expected Publication January 2022 First off, thanks to @netgalley @wattpadbooks publishing & author K. Monroe for an advanced copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. HOLAY. What a ride that was! Blackout is the story of a girl named Allie who wakes up from a car accident with head injuries and has no idea who she is or what happened to cause her car accident. Once released from the hospital to go back home, she tries to navigate a new norm. A senior in highschool, Allie has no idea who her friends or enemies are or what type of person she is. Is she good or bad? Did she cause the accident? Did someone else? Allie needs to keep her friends close and her enemies closer…but the only problem is….who is what? This book was awesome. A solid 4 stars from me! I am excited to see what else K. Monroe cooks up in the future! My Rating: ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ /5 Goodreads Average Rating: 3.90/5 * 352 pages * Young Adult/Fiction/Thriller/Suspense * Dark * Fast Paced Read **Some of these triggers may contain spoilers** ⚠️Triggers/Warnings⚠️ * Cursing * Violence * Toxic Relationship

A big thank you to NetGalley and Wattpad Books for allowing me to read this ARC. I won’t get into a recap or synopsis of the book because I feel that it is well covered between the author and reviews. I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I loved the internal struggle that the MC has throughout. Her dilemma of knowing and doing what’s right is constantly at battle with finding out what kind of person she has been in the past. I didn’t love all of the characters, but they all played a role in getting to the conclusion. The rekindling of an old friendship was a familiar, but welcome element in this story. This is definitely a real life possible book. It had me thinking what I would do. I could not put it down. Thank had to know how it was all going to end. I loved all the details the author gave without getting wordy. A big thank you to the author for giving me more to the story after the culmination of the plot! I have no unanswered questions. This would make a great movie. This is a great YA thriller, and I would recommend it to fans of the genre.