Cover Image: No Good About Goodbye

No Good About Goodbye

No good about goodbye by CT Liotta.
Fifteen-year-old Ian Racalmuto’s life is in ruins after an embassy raid in Algiers. His mother, a vodka-drunk spy, is dead. His brother, a diplomat, has vanished. And, he's lost a cremation urn containing a smartphone that could destroy the world.
A good read with some good characters.  I didn't have any favourites. I did find this slow. Likeable story. 3*.
I found this YA spy novel to be an utter delight! Fast-paced and witty, we traverse the globe with Ian, who just lost his mother and is charged with stopping a war with China. All the while he's 15, enrolled in an High School from hell in Philadelphia and struggling with his identity. The author offers his own particular take on the importance of friendship and found family. He also very cleverly features different viewpoints, so the reading experience never feels stale.

Honestly, I did not know what to expect going into this story - I however finished it converted into a fan!
DNF at 15%. I just couldn’t connect to the story and it seemed to me that Ian was an adult in a fifteen-year-old body. The things that happened in Algiers, the way he talked, the constant Italian phrases, and drinking wine daily with his Granddad??? Huh??? And he met a Black girl and called her African-American? And I immediately hated the extreme homophobia. Nope, nope, nope, this story and I don’t fit well together. I don’t want to give a rating (I never do when I DNF a book) but NetGalley forces me to. That’s why I keep it in the middle.