Cover Image: Stolen

Stolen

Single mom Alex is attending a wedding in Florida. Her daughter Lottie is a flower girl. Lottie later disappears during the reception. Was Lottie kidnapped or did she wander off.
The story unfolds little by little as time passes from days to weeks to months and years of Lottie being missing.
Lots of suspicion of numerous people and their reasons for possibly taking Lottie. Quite of few twists and turns along the way as well. There were a few thing I found confusing but overall a sold book.

Thanks to netgalley and Harper 360 for the arc
Thank you Netgalley & Harper 360/Avon for an eARC of Stolen in exchange for an honest review. 3.5 stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️✨

This is my first read of Tess Stimson's, and while I'm looking forward to diving into her other books I just didn't love this one as much as I was hoping to. The ending felt repetitive at times and, without giving anything away, I was confused about some chapters and pieces of the writing being repeated. That being said, the writing is fantastic and this book has short chapters and so many twists.
Tess Stimson had me hooked with One In Three and I have binged all her other books since then. She has not disappointed me yet! This book had a little more predictability than her other ones but I still really enjoyed it.
I was so excited for this book but I was reading the Netgalley reviews while I waited for it to download and there was one person who gave away every single detail of the ending in their very negative review. I still read it because all of the other reviews were outstanding and the book was definitely
Up to par! Loved it but fair warning to anyone on Netgalley, don’t keep scrolling through the reviews or you will ruin it for yourself!
I was lucky to receive an advance copy of Stolen by Tess Stimson from NetGalley in exchange for my  honest review and opinions.  WOW, WOW, WOW!  This book takes you on a wild ride from the first page and keeps you reading late until the night as you will not want to put it down!  Do yourself a favor and pick this up ASAP - I promise you won't regret missing a few hours of sleep!
This book was awesome!! Tess always keeps you on your toes but this time I was totally surprised.

Every Mom has the nightmare that she will lose her child in the store, they will wander off when we aren't looking. But even if you are not a Mom you will be drawn into this story and feel the turmoil in Alex's heart.

When Alex's daughter is stolen, she dedicates her entire being to searching for her daughter. But every time she feels she is close then a twist of fate disappoints her.

The plot in Stolen is filled with twists, turns, and surprises. I was amazed at the author's ingenuity in this story. I was totally surprised at the end!
Y’all, I’m going to need Botox after reading this book because I had my brow raised or furrowed the entire time! I had so many theories about who took little Lottie but none of them wanted to stick! I love the brutally raw honesty of her mother, Alex. There are so many things written in this book that just gut punched me. I loved the couple of pages in the second half of this book where I honestly said out loud, very slowly, “Waaaait a minute….” And then BAM!!! My jaw dropped wide open! Beautifully executed by Tess Stimson! I never in a million years expected the end because the twists just kept slamming me again and again! Perfectly written! I absolutely loved this book and highly recommend it! Then go back and read her last book, One in Three! It was so freaking good, too!!!
This book had me at page 1. What a fabulous thriller!  Alex is a widowed mother to Lottie, two, who is an extremely difficult toddler.  Alex doesn't hide that she is not cut out to be a mother, nor that Lottie is really kind of a burden to her.  But they love each other.  On a trip to Alex's best friend's wedding in Florida, Lottie disappears...later determined to be kidnapped on the beach by a strange man.  There are SO many twists and turns in this story that I thought I had figured it out several ties but I never did until the very end.  The characters are so real and totally unforgettable.  Alex is sarcastic, witty and smart and also really funny and honest in her observations.  The reporter she meets during the investigation, Quinn is also such a well written, interesting character.  I loved them both on so many levels along with all the other characters who all have something to hide.  This is an amazing thriller that is really impossible to figure out and I absolutely loved it!!  I will definitely look for more from this author!  Do NOT miss this book!
I’m a fan of twisty thrillers, and this is a good one! I really could not have predicted the ending. Both Alex and Quinn were interesting characters, flaws and all. Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for providing this ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Thank you to NetGalley for providing this book in return for an honest review. This was my first book by Tess Stimson and I loved it!! As a parent, I was quickly drawn in to this story and hooked. I had to keep reading to find out what was going to happen. This book was a wild ride with many twists and turns. It was well written and fast paced. Just when you think you have the story figured out something else happens. You will not be disappointed with this book!!
Thank you Harper 360/Avon, NetGalley and Author for this advance ebook copy in return for an honest review!

This is my first Tess read! I'm happy to say she did not disappoint me with Stolen!.
To me this is every parents worse nightmare! I usually tend to stray away from missing children. Because its honestly a major major fear for me! I couldn't fathom the idea of it!
But this one drew me in and kept me hooked till the damn end!.
I had no idea which way to look Tess can make.your head spin and that is what made this book that much better!.
This read has so many secrets! It's crazy! I loved it!
This is how you write a psychological thriller! It’s a well written, fast paced, compelling and gripping page turner from beginning to end. The characterisation is outstanding as each of them have really good backstories that makes them feel very authentic.
Outstanding job Stimson!

Avon I freaking love you!.

Thanks again NetGalley, Publisher and Author for the chance to read and review this amazing book!
I'll post to my Social media platforms closer to pub date!
Stolen by Tess Stimson certainly provides plenty of wild goose chases that become repetitive, exhausting, and downright implausible. There’s so many plot holes! The time difference between Florida and London is a major   one. A young child from London would be falling asleep during the sunset wedding in Florida. A mother wouldn’t recognize the woman staring at her child in the photo? The author told us many times how the mother and authorities studied every wedding photo. The airports had the little girl’s photo, checking all the flights out, going through all the photos of passengers. Somehow, continently just for the flimsy ending, we’re supposed to believe this old crazy dementia suffering relative pulled off this insane Kidnapping plan? I especially wish to point out the laughable, intensely disappointing final twist and the merging of the kidnapper’s POV with the main story, which are cheap writing ploys. How in the world did more than one editor ever think this would fly with well-read thriller audiences?

I feel utterly drained even writing this review. And not from excellent twisty plot points. The opposite! The writer has us chasing our tails, only to keep giving us utter nonsense. Even though Lottie is a “smart“ three year old, she comes across as a very self aware eight year old. Again, I major miss with the editing here. Her friend went to jail for something he wasn’t guilty of but it was ok, because Alexa said he “deserved“ to be there? And the main character doesn’t after the crazy crimes she committed against a child? That is just silly!

A thriller about a kidnapping involving a young child will of course be dark, touching on uncomfortable subjects. However, when hot button issues, borrowed details from real sensational kidnappings, murders, and a few other well-known tragedies plays out as a decent thriller, I’ll pass. There is plenty of creative and imaginative material the author could’ve come up, but choose instead for cheap ploys.

Thank you NetGalley and Avon Books UK for the ARC in exchange of my honest review.